Isaan or Islands to meet Thai Women ?

Bonobojt

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

Yes, that's part of what many westerners like when coming here, the mix of one day genuine Thai-food, and the next some Western-food in a genuine Western-owned place, talking to equal pals speaking same language; still with a nice feeling of different from home – same-same, but different; I've seen plenty of them – you sound like you are not a frequent visitor to Land-of-Smiles...:smile:

I live in Thailand, going on a few years now...before that I would visit 2-3 times a year...I just don't get it. Everything you have explained you can do back home. Nearly every Thurs, Fri, Sat nights I would hang out with Thai people back in Melbourne, eating the food, going to Thai restaurants or home cooking. I just cant see the point of travelling here, if the sole purpose of it is mostly a 'fun' holiday, when you can do it all back home. 

Wake up, go to bar, eat Western food, listen to Western music, sleep with sex worker, get drunk, go to bed. That is all very achievable back home. In fact, back home if mixing with the Thai community, it will be a bigger experience of culture than going to touristy places here. 

Edited by wildewillie89

2 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Are you pretnding to not know the meaning of Ginger ?    Ok I'll bite he is a Ginger meaning HE has red hair/beard.

It would appear that you do not know the meaning of the word "Ginger".  555

1 hour ago, wildewillie89 said:

I live in Thailand, going on a few years now...before that I would visit 2-3 times a year...I just don't get it. Everything you have explained you can do back home. Nearly every Thurs, Fri, Sat nights I would hang out with Thai people back in Melbourne, eating the food, going to Thai restaurants or home cooking. I just cant see the point of travelling here, if the sole purpose of it is mostly a 'fun' holiday, when you can do it all back home. 

Wake up, go to bar, eat Western food, listen to Western music, sleep with sex worker, get drunk, go to bed. That is all very achievable back home. In fact, back home if mixing with the Thai community, it will be a bigger experience of culture than going to touristy places here. 

Other's "back home" may be different from yours – can I politely ask you, why you live in Thailand, when you can do all the same back home..?

57 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Other's "back home" may be different from yours – can I politely ask you, why you live in Thailand, when you can do all the same back home..?

Most Western places have bars, brothels, Thai food. Unless people live in really remote areas. 

Naturally, having a lot of friends from Thai back in Melbourne, we always do catch ups, whether in Melbourne or Thai (depending on if their study visas finish). My frequent visits to Thai before moving here were more about catching up with friends more than anything else. 

I live in Thailand because my wife lives here...if she didn't live here, then I would not live in Thai. 

We don't need sex tourists here. If you're on a 3-month holiday, you can enjoy some great time on the islands, eating local food and discovering the country. If you're looking for casual encounters with sex, you'll have more chance with massage girls / bar girls, if you have the money for it. No decent girl with a low N-count will want a tourist - however, if you absolutely want something more than a bar girl, you can use Tinder and pick some single mothers, after all they're already damaged so you won't cause any harm by having fun with them - as long as you make your intentions clear.

57 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

Most Western places have bars, brothels, Thai food. Unless people live in really remote areas. 

Naturally, having a lot of friends from Thai back in Melbourne, we always do catch ups, whether in Melbourne or Thai (depending on if their study visas finish). My frequent visits to Thai before moving here were more about catching up with friends more than anything else. 

I live in Thailand because my wife lives here...if she didn't live here, then I would not live in Thai. 

Most of my single gentlemen friends coming on holiday in LoS also catch up with friends here; both friends from home – just 20-30 km apart at home can be so long distance, that you see more of your friends when meeting abroad – and of course also friends living here...:smile:

I don't thinks it's a question of bars, and brothels, and Thai restaurants available at "home" – it's never same-same, it's different – as I said before, the folks I know, they don't care about the "11 minutes", they care about the long-time company they can have here. Furthermore there's also the weather difference to a Northern European winter...:sick:

As it seem like you don't fancy Thailand, have you considered bringing your wife "home" and instead live together there..?

48 minutes ago, SiamBeast said:

We don't need sex tourists here. If you're on a 3-month holiday, you can enjoy some great time on the islands, eating local food and discovering the country. If you're looking for casual encounters with sex, you'll have more chance with massage girls / bar girls, if you have the money for it. No decent girl with a low N-count will want a tourist - however, if you absolutely want something more than a bar girl, you can use Tinder and pick some single mothers, after all they're already damaged so you won't cause any harm by having fun with them - as long as you make your intentions clear.

True that the single Moms are easy, and many still look good ! Why being clear ? They have been cheated already by the loser with whom they had a kid, so I do not feel the need to be any more honest to them !

Just now, bangkokairportlink said:

True that the single Moms are easy, and many still look good ! Why being clear ? They have been cheated already by the loser with whom they had a kid, so I do not feel the need to be any more honest to them !

I was trying to be nice, but that approach is also valid.

1 hour ago, SiamBeast said:

I was trying to be nice, but that approach is also valid.

That just sounds like adding insult to injury to me. Poor Thai girl got dicked around by Thai man, now gets dicked around by Farang. No wonder that they mistrust all men. 

Honesty is always the best policy. 

7 hours ago, khunPer said:

Most of my single gentlemen friends coming on holiday in LoS also catch up with friends here; both friends from home – just 20-30 km apart at home can be so long distance, that you see more of your friends when meeting abroad – and of course also friends living here...:smile:

I don't thinks it's a question of bars, and brothels, and Thai restaurants available at "home" – it's never same-same, it's different – as I said before, the folks I know, they don't care about the "11 minutes", they care about the long-time company they can have here. Furthermore there's also the weather difference to a Northern European winter...:sick:

As it seem like you don't fancy Thailand, have you considered bringing your wife "home" and instead live together there..?

The initial question was regarding those people who come for 'holiday fun' at the likes of Nana etc. Are they really coming to meet a 'friend' at a bar they got talking to a few years ago? Would they still be coming if it was only to meet friends if fun was off the table? 

So paid 'long-term' company is somehow different to paid 'short-term' company? She will still leave once the money stops being paid. I am genuinely curious what sets the two things apart. You could have a woman for 10 years if you pay her everyday, is it still any different than if you were with her for an hour that was paid? If it was different, then wouldn't there be some sort of feelings attached to the person? Is this what leads some guys to marry sex workers in the end? Are the feelings reciprocated? My mind works in black and white sometimes clearly, hence my questioning lol. 

I have a pretty cruisey life in Thailand, but I am from Melbourne, hasn't it been voted most livable city 6 years in a row or something. But the wife is a Director of Public Health, her dad ex-army boss and now the Mayor, and uncle boss of police in our city.If her family was not that I would have never moved to Thailand. Even with that, I had to do some serious weighing up of options. I do have a pretty comprehensive understanding of the different systems here in such an elitist country, but clearly not the farang vs working girl type systems lol. I believe unless someone is educated enough, and has the connections to have different systems fine tuned a little bit to suit their needs, then living here/bringing up a family is not a good idea (even with benefits such as cheaper housing etc). Unless the Westerner has money coming out of their ears of course  - why, I guess, many of the 'farang' on here are constantly complaining about every little thing, and thinking every little thing can be called 'corruption' if it doesn't suit their needs. 

For example, every time I go to Immigration there will be a Westerner with an uneducated Thai wife who cannot even figure out the reasonably simple Immigration process. My wife has to help her. If his wife cannot figure out the process with the help of the staff right next to her, what hope has she of dealing with health, education for their kids, dealing with law enforcement issues, general council issues etc etc. The sad fact is that most of the Thai population do not understand these systems as their language abilities are not to the level that is required (due to elitism). And that is when 'farang' call corruption on every little thing. 

I see many people living here, as similar of those who I don't see the point of traveling here. They travel here, maybe they do like the paid 'long-term' thing like you say, so they move here. But living vs traveling are two majorly different things. Due to the fact they haven't done their homework, they live relatively crappy lives due to the systems in place. The owner of the 'farang' bar in my city, does nothing but complain. I put it down to him being a whinging pom (lol), but maybe he fits into this category. The reality isn't always the dream - hence all the complaining, corruption calling bla bla. I am just interested in the social dynamics every now and then, and am curious why people make the decisions they do. 

I can fine tune the systems slightly to suit my daughters and my own needs. My wife obviously lives a comfortable life, and I have joined that. But it is why I said, if i did not have my wife, or had a wife of a different background then, yes, I would be living in Melbourne. 

Being from Australia, there is no shortage of sun and beaches haha. I guess I could partly see that as a reason. I thought Greece and Spain were the go to places for those travelers.

Edited by wildewillie89

1 hour ago, seancbk said:

"A Ginger" as in having red hair.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_hair 

There is no other meaning I've ever come across.

This from Wikipedia:

'In September 2011, Cryos International, one of the world's largest sperm banks, announced that it would no longer accept donations from red-haired men due to low demand from women seeking artificial insemination.'

Am I right in saying that Koh Chang would have less rain than Koh Samui?
Also are there any free public gym equipment anywhere else in Thailand? like the one in lumphini
I think I'll go to an island next week but I'm not sure which island
I want to eat cheap 40 - 50 baht food, exercise (pull ups, tricep dips, push ups) and meet women from tinder and Thai friendly

1 hour ago, Bonobojt said:

Also are there any free public gym equipment anywhere else in Thailand? like the one in lumphini
I want to eat cheap 40 - 50 baht food, exercise (pull ups, tricep dips, push ups) and meet women from tinder and Thai friendly

No, Koh Chang has it rain from May till September, still some in October...

kohsametrainfall.png.232cf02c16a994cd9111d162995a058b.png
Source: Thailand Paradise, Koh Chang 

–whilst Koh Samui is October til early January...

samrain.png.d79bc287ea3edf06dbb672baca0a4716.png
Source: Thailand Paradise, Koh Samui 

Edited by khunPer

6 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

The initial question was regarding those people who come for 'holiday fun' at the likes of Nana etc. Are they really coming to meet a 'friend' at a bar they got talking to a few years ago? Would they still be coming if it was only to meet friends if fun was off the table? 

So paid 'long-term' company is somehow different to paid 'short-term' company? She will still leave once the money stops being paid. I am genuinely curious what sets the two things apart. You could have a woman for 10 years if you pay her everyday, is it still any different than if you were with her for an hour that was paid? If it was different, then wouldn't there be some sort of feelings attached to the person? Is this what leads some guys to marry sex workers in the end? Are the feelings reciprocated? My mind works in black and white sometimes clearly, hence my questioning lol. 

I have a pretty cruisey life in Thailand, but I am from Melbourne, hasn't it been voted most livable city 6 years in a row or something. But the wife is a Director of Public Health, her dad ex-army boss and now the Mayor, and uncle boss of police in our city.If her family was not that I would have never moved to Thailand. Even with that, I had to do some serious weighing up of options. I do have a pretty comprehensive understanding of the different systems here in such an elitist country, but clearly not the farang vs working girl type systems lol. I believe unless someone is educated enough, and has the connections to have different systems fine tuned a little bit to suit their needs, then living here/bringing up a family is not a good idea (even with benefits such as cheaper housing etc). Unless the Westerner has money coming out of their ears of course  - why, I guess, many of the 'farang' on here are constantly complaining about every little thing, and thinking every little thing can be called 'corruption' if it doesn't suit their needs. 

For example, every time I go to Immigration there will be a Westerner with an uneducated Thai wife who cannot even figure out the reasonably simple Immigration process. My wife has to help her. If his wife cannot figure out the process with the help of the staff right next to her, what hope has she of dealing with health, education for their kids, dealing with law enforcement issues, general council issues etc etc. The sad fact is that most of the Thai population do not understand these systems as their language abilities are not to the level that is required (due to elitism). And that is when 'farang' call corruption on every little thing. 

I see many people living here, as similar of those who I don't see the point of traveling here. They travel here, maybe they do like the paid 'long-term' thing like you say, so they move here. But living vs traveling are two majorly different things. Due to the fact they haven't done their homework, they live relatively crappy lives due to the systems in place. The owner of the 'farang' bar in my city, does nothing but complain. I put it down to him being a whinging pom (lol), but maybe he fits into this category. The reality isn't always the dream - hence all the complaining, corruption calling bla bla. I am just interested in the social dynamics every now and then, and am curious why people make the decisions they do. 

I can fine tune the systems slightly to suit my daughters and my own needs. My wife obviously lives a comfortable life, and I have joined that. But it is why I said, if i did not have my wife, or had a wife of a different background then, yes, I would be living in Melbourne. 

Being from Australia, there is no shortage of sun and beaches haha. I guess I could partly see that as a reason. I thought Greece and Spain were the go to places for those travelers.

Many thanks for your comprehensive reply.

Believe we talk a bit apart each other, perhaps because we originates from different parts of the World – I'm from Scandinavia.

To stick to the original question about gentlemen and red light areas, like Nana. My term of so-called "long time" is not necessary weeks, month or even longer, but the difference between what a man can expect from a visit to certain entertainments back home offering "11 minutes" of fun, being a number only in a long queue that night, and the extended all evening and night service, and following day company, that can be experienced for a similar financial investment in Thailand. The first, back home, may be unattractive to many, whilst the second arrangement, the one available here, will be attractive company; for some it can last the whole vacation, and they may even come to meet the lady again, could also be just as friends in years to follow. You can call it samme, but it's extremely different – an extremely different feeling for both the gentleman and the lady (ladies), compared to "11 minutes" back home – in some few European countries the "back home" is not even a legal option...

Secondly there's the weather and culture for a difference – and even there might be bars in Europe, they are not the same – you cannot compare sitting outside under no palms in minus 14, packed in fur, with an open air bar in Bangkok, or on a beach, in 28+ centigrades ("Bar Ice" is an option, if you for a moment miss that freezing chill experience); and you cannot even compare with Greece or Spain. Summing the costs of a vacation in Euro-zone compared to the slightly more expensive flight to Thailand and cheaper living costs, the difference is minimal, if not cheaper in Thailand.

And for meeting friends; when your friends from home heads for Thailand, would you sit back or go the Greece? And you may have friends that never returned from LoS , and no desire either to just head back for a short trip, so if you want to see them, you'll need to head out there...

That's the kind of folks I'm referring to; and some of them also enjoy sitting in a bar at Sukhumvit Soi 4, or other sois in that area, and chatting with similar pals, or meeting new, when visiting Bangkok – and they say that they are having a great time...

I've been living in Thailand from early retirement more than 10-years ago; I decided to do so for several reasons, of which the short Danish summer – if we have one at all – was one. Another was that I could swop my Danish property to a slightly better and more attractive location, which a similar would have been almost out of question back home. Furthermore, having no family established at home, I also found that option – and I also learned that some of the schools available here, are in many ways better than numerous public schools where I originate from; in fact I'm very happy to have my daughter growing up in Thailand, rather than Denmark, which however still is an open gate for her later on.

I agree that you'll need a certain level of financial means to establish a good life in Thailand, but if you have that – and you don't need to be (relative) rich at all, even a small pension can do it, if you choose and dispose right – you can have a better life here compared to the area I come from; however, coming from Australia may be another story that I have no knowledge about. And it's not only my point of view, but the same I hear from numerous Scandinavians, and other Northern Hemisphere nationalities, who have settled in same area, as I – happy folks, both gents and ladies, because where I stay, quite a number of foreign ladies also settle – but they may not "speak loud" in a forum.

Yes, I also agree, that reading the forum-posts, one can get the impression that so much is so wrong in Thailand, that I really wonder, why those people stay here – Thailand is different, if you want it to be the same, stay home instead...:smile:

5 hours ago, seancbk said:

"A Ginger" as in having red hair.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_hair 

There is no other meaning I've ever come across.

I find this unbelievable/ What sheltered lives some people live. I refer you to my previous post.

Mind you, relying on Wikipedia for an answer goes some way to explaining this.

Probably all down to the wonderful world of PC. (That means Political Correctness).

7 minutes ago, Flustered said:

I find this unbelievable/ What sheltered lives some people live. I refer you to my previous post.

Mind you, relying on Wikipedia for an answer goes some way to explaining this.

Probably all down to the wonderful world of PC. (That means Political Correctness).

My life has been far from sheltered, however, the last thing that would have occurred to me would be that you were using  'Cockney Rhyming Slang'   

A nonsense way of speaking used by the working class.   

3 hours ago, Bonobojt said:

Well strewth you son of a Gun mate you too ugly to pick up girls face to face ?

29 minutes ago, seancbk said:

My life has been far from sheltered, however, the last thing that would have occurred to me would be that you were using  'Cockney Rhyming Slang'   

A nonsense way of speaking used by the working class.   

I take it you are American?

Ginger is just one of many terms used commonly to describe gay men in a polite way.

And the post was humorous but if you are American it would explain not getting it.

Edited by Flustered

31 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Many thanks for your comprehensive reply.

Believe we talk a bit apart each other, perhaps because we originates from different parts of the World – I'm from Scandinavia.

To stick to the original question about gentlemen and red light areas, like Nana. My term of so-called "long time" is not necessary weeks, month or even longer, but the difference between what a man can expect from a visit to certain entertainments back home offering "11 minutes" of fun, being a number only in a long queue that night, and the extended all evening and night service, and following day company, that can be experienced for a similar financial investment in Thailand. The first, back home, may be unattractive to many, whilst the second arrangement, the one available here, will be attractive company; for some it can last the whole vacation, and they may even come to meet the lady again, could also be just as friends in years to follow. You can call it samme, but it's extremely different – an extremely different feeling for both the gentleman and the lady (ladies), compared to "11 minutes" back home – in some few European countries the "back home" is not even a legal option...

Secondly there's the weather and culture for a difference – and even there might be bars in Europe, they are not the same – you cannot compare sitting outside under no palms in minus 14, packed in fur, with an open air bar in Bangkok, or on a beach, in 28+ centigrades ("Bar Ice" is an option, if you for a moment miss that freezing chill experience); and you cannot even compare with Greece or Spain. Summing the costs of a vacation in Euro-zone compared to the slightly more expensive flight to Thailand and cheaper living costs, the difference is minimal, if not cheaper in Thailand.

And for meeting friends; when your friends from home heads for Thailand, would you sit back or go the Greece? And you may have friends that never returned from LoS , and no desire either to just head back for a short trip, so if you want to see them, you'll need to head out there...

That's the kind of folks I'm referring to; and some of them also enjoy sitting in a bar at Sukhumvit Soi 4, or other sois in that area, and chatting with similar pals, or meeting new, when visiting Bangkok – and they say that they are having a great time...

I've been living in Thailand from early retirement more than 10-years ago; I decided to do so for several reasons, of which the short Danish summer – if we have one at all – was one. Another was that I could swop my Danish property to a slightly better and more attractive location, which a similar would have been almost out of question back home. Furthermore, having no family established at home, I also found that option – and I also learned that some of the schools available here, are in many ways better than numerous public schools where I originate from; in fact I'm very happy to have my daughter growing up in Thailand, rather than Denmark, which however still is an open gate for her later on.

I agree that you'll need a certain level of financial means to establish a good life in Thailand, but if you have that – and you don't need to be (relative) rich at all, even a small pension can do it, if you choose and dispose right – you can have a better life here compared to the area I come from; however, coming from Australia may be another story that I have no knowledge about. And it's not only my point of view, but the same I hear from numerous Scandinavians, and other Northern Hemisphere nationalities, who have settled in same area, as I – happy folks, both gents and ladies, because where I stay, quite a number of foreign ladies also settle – but they may not "speak loud" in a forum.

Yes, I also agree, that reading the forum-posts, one can get the impression that so much is so wrong in Thailand, that I really wonder, why those people stay here – Thailand is different, if you want it to be the same, stay home instead...:smile:

My sister lives in Sweden...isn't the saying, 'there's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing' haha.

I think you are right though, maybe it does depend on where someone is from. I used to have a friend who worked 3 months in Melbourne, and 9 months in the Czech republic. He dreaded going back due to the weather. Coming from Australia, however, i cannot justify it really. We have great weather, and great beaches. I guess more personal things come into play with a lot of people also, physical appearance, rough personalities, the usual reasons why finding women back home may present problems. My mum left my dad 10 years ago. He was a short, skinny, bald 50 year old, I got him on the apps and he was going on a couple of dates a week. so the personal things would really have to be some end of the spectrum shit lol. 

I guess I can understand a brothel experience back home may be less satisfying than an experience here in Thai. There are the added bonuses of the company, taking the girl out on a 'date' if you like, maybe exploring the country together. But he must realise it is what it is, payment for effectively one thing. I think that is where you are right, are these bonuses really worth the trip? Depending on where someone is from, maybe they are. For me personally, I think Melbourne covers everything someone needs to not have to have a holiday of fun in Thai. So maybe my vision was quite tunnelled with this.

For the girl though, i think it is no different to a brothel. It is still a numbers/client game, just a slightly different process. As much as she probably likes to think it is different from say working in a brothel, surely she has checked her mind to form the belief it is not different. Otherwise, she would just be emotionally hurting herself all of the time. She knows when this client is leaving, she has the next one booked. So she has to see it purely as business (like in a brothel)...if she doesn't, then she really needs to change professions,

I wonder if the men complaining on here thought living here was an extension to the holiday experience they had. That is my concern also, it is almost a 'fake' holiday that can bring a great deal of pleasure (both physical and emotional). However, living here is completely different. You either need money, or need to know some serious people (or marry a rich Thai). Or just live a life very uncomfortable to what you are used to. I feel the holiday experience, if it can be achieved back home, would be a much better option for many of the users on the forum. Will save them from a bit of a fall later on in life.

An old work colleague who frequently visits the Philippines bar scene is always trying to find a way to live there. Luckily so far he has been smart enough to realise he doesn't have the money or earning capabilities to live there. But you can just see he will snap one day and make a silly decision to try and make it there. And he will end up one of the complaining Westerners on the equivalent Philippines Visa forum.

It is good you have found good schools for your daughter (probably the hardest thing to find for your family here). Something I will have to go through in the next 5 or so years, when the little one is of the appropriate age.   

You have opened my eyes a little :). 

20 minutes ago, Flustered said:

I take it you are American?

Ginger is just one of many terms used commonly to describe gay men in a polite way.

And the post was humorous but if you are American it would explain not getting it.

I'm British. 

I know what Cockney Rhyming Slang is and once you said that was what you mean't I immediately got the reference, but as I said the last thing on my mind was an out of date, colloquial style of speaking used by working class people in London.

I thought you were an American because you kept alluding to him being gay and seemed unfamiliar with the use of ginger to mean red-head.

I'd bet that more people would get the red-head reference than some esoteric reference to a bit of Cockney rhyming slang.

I can understand older guys from Northern Europe wanting to come and live in Thailand with the better weather and other incentives, but I fail to understand why Australians or Americans do this.

Every Australian/American I have spoken with says that Australia/America has the finest weather, food, beaches, health care, social benefits etc. so why leave all of this and move to a country that does not have these life benefits?

Any Brit or Northern European you speak to will complain about their weather, lousy food etc. but not Australians/Americans.

The only reason I can think of is the women in Thailand (Isaan, Islands or wherever) are much easier on the eye and nicer than Australian/American women.

Just a thought.