Isaan or Islands to meet Thai Women ?

Bonobojt

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

In many parts of the world, including Australia, Thais make up nearly 75% of available sex workers. I'm sure it is similar in many western countries. Why is this? Is it something in the Thai culture, psyche or is it to do with 'Thainess'. Maybe it is just an economic fact that many Thais see working overseas as an opportunity to make money they can send home to the family.

I think it is a combination of these things:

• Women are expected to contribute to the family and send remittances back to Thailand. Sex work doesn't really need any qualifications and can be well paid.
  • Thai people tend to live in the moment and don't overthink their futures. This can make them seem more spontaneous and fun.
  • It also means they can better handle the mental pressures of sex work without doing their heads in. Live for the day, do what is necessary and just enjoy time with your friends and family when you can.
  • Many Thai woman honestly want to do a good job and please a man whether it is through cooking or sex work. Mostly, they provide good service with a smile.
  • Many Thai women come from a hard, rural background and are prepared to go the extra mile to escape. If this includes sex with farangs, so be it.
  • Buddhist beliefs may mean a more fatalistic acceptance and appreciation of life. This can be a positive in that sex work is not evil, it may just be fate and hope springs eternal - maybe it is just the pathway to a better life for her family.
  • Every rural girl has seen or heard about friends of friends who have been overseas, or hooked up with a farang, and now seem to have money to burn.
  • While sex work is a stigma, it tends to be overlooked if a girl is contributing to the family.
  • Thai girls are sexy and don't generally have hang ups about sex, or about being a woman in a man's world (use their assets to their advantage).

I don't blame the OP for coming to Thailand for his holiday and enjoying himself.

Where did you get those stats from? In Australia the competition is between the Koreans and the Chinese. With 'wars on turf' if you like. A percentage of those people will be illegal forced workers, the rest are university students generally, predominantly from Korea, China. Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwanese, Thais etc. 

Why do they not make up 75% of the trade, as getting visas is so much more difficult for Thais, than other countries. For example, a Taiwanese person can have the potential to get a 2 year working visa, whereas a Thai can only get 1 year. Koreans, Chinese etc are more likely to be able to afford the study fees to get a student visa. Did a sex and crime unit in university a while ago, so covered it a bit.

I don't think the OP is seeking sex workers anyway. He is looking for more fun. 

The dot points are all obviously matters of personal observation.. Not a matter of being 'Thai'. You may get a very different observation within different sections of the community or families within 'rural' areas. The same in any country. 

12 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

Where did you get those stats from? In Australia the competition is between the Koreans and the Chinese. With 'wars on turf' if you like. A percentage of those people will be illegal forced workers, the rest are university students generally, predominantly from Korea, China. Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwanese, Thais etc. 

Why do they not make up 75% of the trade, as getting visas is so much more difficult for Thais, than other countries. For example, a Taiwanese person can have the potential to get a 2 year working visa, whereas a Thai can only get 1 year. Koreans, Chinese etc are more likely to be able to afford the study fees to get a student visa. Did a sex and crime unit in university a while ago, so covered it a bit.

I don't think the OP is seeking sex workers anyway. He is looking for more fun. 

The dot points are all obviously matters of personal observation.. Not a matter of being 'Thai'. You may get a very different observation within different sections of the community or families within 'rural' areas. The same in any country. 

yes I'm not looking for sex workers, been down that road and its expensive and not worth it, lonely lifestyle, risky health wise, now I'm more wiser with my money

10 minutes ago, Bonobojt said:

yes I'm not looking for sex workers, been down that road and its expensive and not worth it, lonely lifestyle, risky health wise, now I'm more wiser with my money

Did you charge thai and western men the same price?

On 6/16/2017 at 4:02 PM, Flustered said:

I can understand older guys from Northern Europe wanting to come and live in Thailand with the better weather and other incentives, but I fail to understand why Australians or Americans do this.

Every Australian/American I have spoken with says that Australia/America has the finest weather, food, beaches, health care, social benefits etc. so why leave all of this and move to a country that does not have these life benefits?

Any Brit or Northern European you speak to will complain about their weather, lousy food etc. but not Australians/Americans.

The only reason I can think of is the women in Thailand (Isaan, Islands or wherever) are much easier on the eye and nicer than Australian/American women.

Just a thought.

On 6/16/2017 at 6:42 PM, bwpage3 said:

I would think the reason is pretty clear. Whether Australia or US, these blokes cannot find anyone to even look in their direction in the western world. If Thai women were the same as western women, you would have about 95% less farang's living in Thailand. The high temps, ridiculous humidity, monsoon rains, flooding, drought, traffic, pollution, crime, living on a meager budget in a one room flat? No first world rights as a citizen or anything else. Why in the world would anyone chose Thailand if not for the ease of the women? 

Or some people just have an affinity for asian women.  Same with many people in the US that dig the hispanic girls.
Doesn't have to be about desperation or being unattainable.  

It doesn't hurt that a good looking woman here of mid 30's is ok with a man mid 50's.  Have you seen the farang women lately?

As for the country, yes some places in USA/Canada are beautiful depending on the weather.  

The beer is hands down much better... food?  It's a toss up.  I'd take Mexican or Indian food over Thai food and is there such a thing as american food?

Some recreational activities in Canada/USA/Mexico are just not possible here.  

Crime in the west, gangs, thugs, overall violent idiots and road rage are bad too.  

It's much hotter and more humid in many places in the US, not to mention freezing cold and barren in others.  Hurricanes, floods, tornadoes, earthquakes, avalanches, forest fires, mass shootings, apartment fires, train crashes, meteor strikes... and don't fool yourself thinking you're protected by rights there.  You can easily get jacked up for something you didn't do.    

That said, thailand it's a good place to station, but 24/7/365 living, especially in a village might do my head in.  
If you took the women out of the equation.... hmmm, tough call.  555

The best part about it is... no reason to make that call right now.  Live the moment, enjoy what's happening and travel.

Edited by Nowisee

Sorry for the confusion.

It was a humorous post based on national characteristic traits. Americans and Australians tend to boast about how great their countries are while Northern Europeans tend to run theirs down. 

And I agree about the women. My first wife was of Burmese descent and my second and definitely last wife is Singaporean Chinese. Asians may be easier on the eye but not on the pocket.