Flight leaves 6am, best strategy?

I did end up in a low cost carrier  (had to spend up my miles) which leaves 6:20am, did never leave around that time, so I expect mostly everything still closed around that time. Would be interested in the Asia book store in particular, as they were the only ones, to my knowledge,with some cans of soft drinks or beer for a decent price. Or if there are other ones let me know.

I guess it's maybe better to spend the time somewhere in the streets rather than in an empty airport, so getting a taxi somwhere between 3 and 4 should be within reason. Or are there any better recommodations?

2 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Bangkok Airport Hotel? and you could spend some time getting a home delivery for a soapy in your room!!!:jap::cheesy:

Unfortunately it's not Ryanair, otherwise I could have taken the soapy right in the plane :sleepy:

12 minutes ago, jethro69 said:

Unfortunately it's not Ryanair, otherwise I could have taken the soapy right in the plane :sleepy:

:cheesy::cheesy:...however on my first trip to BKK, I was afraid to miss ye flight due to congested traffic so took a room at BKK Airport Hotel, short time for 6 hours before the flight, if I am not mistaken...very practical - on leaving, you just walked out from the back side of the hotel and the check in terminal was right in front!!

700 baht will get you a decent room with shower and fridge + free 24 hours shuttle service in a nearby hotel.

I recommend Phoenix Hotel, but there are lots to chose from - think of how much you will save on the taxi and beer.....

I do this even for the midnight flights to Europe.

Archived