Luke Miller’s family vow to get justice after he was found dead in Koh Tao

webfact

2 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Based on information provided by the Thai police 

The reason his friends said they thought he was murdered was because of his injuries, but the UK professionals thought differently. 

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, robsamui said:

As already stated in the lead post - which you appear not to have read,

Valentina Novozhenova reported missing - still no sign of her - Feb 15th 2017

Luke Miller found dead in swimming pool but with inexplicable injuries - January 2016

Dimitry Povse "committed suicide" but with hands tied behind his back January 2015

Christina Annersley died from a seeming "overdose of antibiotics"(!), but with no post mortem also January 2015

Hannah Witheridge and David Miller - dual murder and rape September 2014

Nick Pearson disappeared after a night out with his family - found dead out at sea by a scuba diver the next day, killed by "a fall" January 2014

I've witnessed myself on several occasions the angry, rude way that some of the locals have treated the new batch of "cash cows" (myself included") coming in off the boat.

And I have to smile at the astonishing presumption of two contributors here, yourself included, who have grabbed at a passing thought and deduced I must have some kind of a business on Samui and am thus miffed about competition.

A forced reaction. I haven't run any kind of business since I left England in 1995, and never even considered it in Thailand.

Have you a business interest on Koh Tao? It seems you are protesting - dismissively and angrily - just a bit too much . . . . 

My first experience on getting off of the boat was watching an attractive, blond female tourist, who had obviously been quite seriously injured in a motor bike accident, being very roughly manhandled in a stretcher on to the hydrofoil by a pair of unfriendly and uncouth looking Thai males.  A few minutes later I found that the car the hotel had said it would send to me was non-existent.  When I called, the hotel claimed there was a car but I would have to wait for the next ferry load of tourists in two and a half hours to make it worth their while sending the car.  Then I was asked for over 1,000 baht for the 5 minute ride there by the surly driver of a rusty old pick-up truck.   I got the impression I had landed on another planet.  Things didn't improve much during the course of my stay there.  Hotels and restaurants were staffed by unsmiling Burmese, who couldn't speak Thai and not much English.  Eventually I realised they had no reason to smile, since they had unwittingly become slaves the Thai mafia.  If you know anything about Thailand, you can feel right away there is something badly wrong with the place and the atmosphere is not like the rest of Thailand.  I will definitely never return.          

35 minutes ago, DiscoDan said:

Link ?

"“He must have climbed to the roof of a [nearby] DJ booth, jumped off, and his head hit the swimming pool floor, killing him,” Napha said. He identified the deceased as a 26-year-old tourist from the United Kingdom.

22 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

There was cctv on the beach?

Can you provide a link just so we know you're not making it up?

You're getting your murders mixed up. Luke died in a pool bar (if he wasn't already dead before he entered the water).

31 minutes ago, DiscoDan said:

The reason his friends said they thought he was murdered was because of his injuries, but the UK professionals thought differently. 

The UK coroner recorded an open verdict. That's a 'don't know' in plain English.

you're feeling of living a fairly normal life can change in an instant, even to the point that you wanna leave.

and in most cases without you directly involved in the build up to this environment, what seems to be a casual remark can simmer and explode if Thai are involved in 'tok na' or flat on their face situations.

Family and money is the second reason.

Lovers and greed the third.

stay safe...avoid socializing with opportunists .....

23 hours ago, Crash999 said:

Wasn't there CCTV footage on this one? 

The guy went back to the night spot or whatever it was, climbed up the disco tower and dived into a pool that was 4 feet deep.

This all happened when there was no-one there to impress, so he just did this for practice for the next evening.

CCTV footage???? where is it??? have a guess!

Highly provable that this poor sole was murdered and thrown in the pool.

Very sad, and another huge blot on the face of the corrupted officialdom of LOS.

It is very sad that the B2 are rotting in a prison cell while Millers brother, the bigot -- fails to get behind them, I personally feal he is a weak and sad character, if the B2 are executed I hope it haunts his mind for ever.

19 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

The guy went back to the night spot or whatever it was, climbed up the disco tower and dived into a pool that was 4 feet deep.

This all happened when there was no-one there to impress, so he just did this for practice for the next evening.

CCTV footage???? where is it??? have a guess!

Highly provable that this poor sole was murdered and thrown in the pool.

Very sad, and another huge blot on the face of the corrupted officialdom of LOS.

It is very sad that the B2 are rotting in a prison cell while Millers brother, the bigot -- fails to get behind them, I personally feal he is a weak and sad character, if the B2 are executed I hope it haunts his mind for ever.

He had posted about magic mushrooms. Those don't usually put one in the most logical rational state of mind. 

7 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

If the place is as thoroughly controlled by mafia as people say then it's easy to make camera footage, or cameras disappear. Like US cops do with their body cams.

They could make it disappear but I doubt they could conjure footage up. 

so the guy is posting about how wasted they were all getting, etc etc, but people the are wasted can in no way heighten their potential risk of an accident happening?

there are people hobbling round on a daily basis covered in bandages from drunken bike crashes,  people are drinking excessive amounts of alcohol every night but hey.. they would never do stupid things while drunk??

it is a hotel, it has a hotel style block of room and also bungalows, with the pool overlooking the beach.

its funny how in this case and the others trying to be linked together the fact that there were drug and alcohol involved and in some cases bragged about....but ignored by the koh tao bashers to suit their positively factual definite assumptions!

11 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

so the guy is posting about how wasted they were all getting, etc etc, but people the are wasted can in no way heighten their potential risk of an accident happening?

there are people hobbling round on a daily basis covered in bandages from drunken bike crashes,  people are drinking excessive amounts of alcohol every night but hey.. they would never do stupid things while drunk??

it is a hotel, it has a hotel style block of room and also bungalows, with the pool overlooking the beach.

its funny how in this case and the others trying to be linked together the fact that there were drug and alcohol involved and in some cases bragged about....but ignored by the koh tao bashers to suit their positively factual definite assumptions!

All the points you make are fair ones.  I agree with you.  The drunken idiotic behavior of many tourists here just asks for problems and compromises their safety.  Whilst true, its also true to say that the amount of "unusual" deaths per capita of foreigners on Koh Tao is absolutely astonishing and in a first world country would prompt a national outcry followed by a huge public inquiry.  However, things are all the way they are and are not going to change.

1 minute ago, carmine said:

All the points you make are fair ones.  I agree with you.  The drunken idiotic behavior of many tourists here just asks for problems and compromises their safety.  Whilst true, its also true to say that the amount of "unusual" deaths per capita of foreigners on Koh Tao is absolutely astonishing and in a first world country would prompt a national outcry followed by a huge public inquiry.  However, things are all the way they are and are not going to change.

not really if you know the amount of tourist the come over the year, 8 boats per day, even if you calculate them all half full its still 500,000 people..luke miller's accident was 18 months ago, i've not heard of any 'suspicious' deaths since?

33 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

not really if you know the amount of tourist the come over the year, 8 boats per day, even if you calculate them all half full its still 500,000 people..luke miller's accident was 18 months ago, i've not heard of any 'suspicious' deaths since?

Not really!!!  You must be kidding.........

Didn't the autopsy report state that  the deceased had;

1. A  blood alcohol level of 140 mg /100 ml of blood and,

2. The presence of methylphenidate in his blood

Fact - In the UK a  blood alcohol  level in excess of 80 mg/ 100 ml is considered to be impaired and a driver is subject to  drunk driving charges.

Fact - Methylphenidate is a central nervous system stimulant. 

Fact - Methylphenidate must not be consumed with alcohol  because it accelerates the metabolism of the active ingredient causing a cascade effect., i.e. it is released into the blood system too quickly and crosses the blood brain barrier in super potent dosing. The end result is  impair cognition and numbed  reflexes.

Fact - Methylphendidate is  used for a specific therapy such as treating an addiction to cocaine or methamphetamine, or bipolar disorder with depression, or for ADHD in a prepubescent  or young adolescent. 

I will dumb it down  for the twits claiming a conspiracy: The man was drunk and he  had consumed a controlled stimulant. This would have rendered  him impaired and most likely unable to  measure his personal risk. The bruising on the subject may have occurred prior to the death as the deceased stumbled about in a drunken drugged stupor or been caused by a physical altercation. The use of the two drugs; alcohol and methylphenidate are implicated in the death. had the deceased not been  inebriated and doped up, I expect he would still be alive today.  It's easier to claim murder than to accept the reality of a drunk on drugs.

3 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Didn't the autopsy report state that  the deceased had;

1. A  blood alcohol level of 140 mg /100 ml of blood and,

2. The presence of methylphenidate in his blood

Fact - In the UK a  blood alcohol  level in excess of 80 mg/ 100 ml is considered to be impaired and a driver is subject to  drunk driving charges.

Fact - Methylphenidate is a central nervous system stimulant. 

Fact - Methylphenidate must not be consumed with alcohol  because it accelerates the metabolism of the active ingredient causing a cascade effect., i.e. it is released into the blood system too quickly and crosses the blood brain barrier in super potent dosing. The end result is  impair cognition and numbed  reflexes.

Fact - Methylphendidate is  used for a specific therapy such as treating an addiction to cocaine or methamphetamine, or bipolar disorder with depression, or for ADHD in a prepubescent  or young adolescent. 

I will dumb it down  for the twits claiming a conspiracy: The man was drunk and he  had consumed a controlled stimulant. This would have rendered  him impaired and most likely unable to  measure his personal risk. The bruising on the subject may have occurred prior to the death as the deceased stumbled about in a drunken drugged stupor or been caused by a physical altercation. The use of the two drugs; alcohol and methylphenidate are implicated in the death. had the deceased not been  inebriated and doped up, I expect he would still be alive today.  It's easier to claim murder than to accept the reality of a drunk on drugs.

D'you reckon Luke was the one who switched the cctv off which had earlier recorded him drinking there?

Fact - A blood alcohol level of 140 mg / 100 ml of blood is not blind drunk for a regular drinker and,

Fact - Luke had trace levels of Ritalin in his blood, from his use of it several days earlier at a full moon party on Koh Pangan, where he drank heavily and, strangly, didn't do any of the crazy things that you and others are claiming he did on the night he died (without a shred of evidence by the way).

Luke was drunk (but not badly) and not on drugs the night he died. Read the report again and then come back and apologise for behaving like a twit with your misinformation. I expect Luke would still be alive today if he'd been drinking in just about any other place in the world than Koh Tao that night.

Edited by Khun Han

On 6/15/2017 at 6:00 AM, shanesox said:

A mafia Island that could match Sicily a century ago

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

sorry for the family but for justice they will have to get in line with the other people waiting for the same .

I see this story has resurfaced. Unfortunately the family will never find out what happened. I understand they believe he was murdered, in fact I do too, I also believe he was probably totally pissed partying with his buddies taking some B52's and maybe some crazy pills but I will never believe somebody climbs on that booth around 05.30am (when there is a springboard next to it) which is protected by barbed wire, cuts himself in the climbing process and then dives head down first from that roof? All this happening while is he alone and with CCTV coverage missing from the time frame in question.

Again, there will be no justice, just look at the B2 still on death-row.

Welcome to the Land of Smiles! 

11 hours ago, frank83628 said:

Valentina Novozhenova was reported reported missing overnight on Feb 15th 2017 and there is still no sign of her.

EDIT - my incorrect addition about bone fragments removed with apologies.

Edited by robsamui

This is the booth 

sunset-bar-koh-tao.jpg

And the springboard is DIRECTLY next to it

22-10-2015d.jpg

So Luke climbed on that (corrugated) unstable roof of that booth, climbing up the stairs of that springboard, continue climbing up, through barbed wire, cut himself, and did this all alone in the early hours of the morning without security and CCTV catching the act.

I must have missed pink elephants landing in Kao Tao that speak fluent Burmese.

15 minutes ago, robsamui said:

Valentina Novozhenova was reported reported missing overnight on Feb 15th 2017 and there is still no sign of her.

Even more significant - in the process of searching for her, divers came across  five human bones on a nearby reef. However subsequent DNA testing proved these were not the remains of Valentina.

Which immediately raises the question - that staggeringly nobody (Thai or otherwise) seems to have even considered this - who is this the remains of?

Yet another grave question mark over Koh Tao.

i think if you will find the bones were not human after testing, unless i read a different article.

6 minutes ago, Krenjai said:

This is the booth 

sunset-bar-koh-tao.jpg

22-10-2015d.jpg

So Luke climbed on that (corrugated) unstable roof of that booth, climbing up the stairs of that springboard, continue climbing up, through barbed wire, cut himself, and did this all alone in the early hours of the morning without security and CCTV catching the act.

He was a brick layer remember, anything is possible with a brick layer.

27 minutes ago, robsamui said:

Apologies. I looked a bit harder and stand corrected, so now have removed that statement from my post above. Merely a missing person - no extra bones to consider.

Please note that, on being corrected, robsamui has apologised and edited the relevant post, unlike the usual Koh Tao mafia apologists, who just ignore the corrections and then re-iterate their misinformation a couple of pages later.

20 hours ago, robsamui said:

As already stated in the lead post - which you appear not to have read,

Valentina Novozhenova reported missing - still no sign of her - Feb 15th 2017

Luke Miller found dead in swimming pool but with inexplicable injuries - January 2016

Dimitry Povse "committed suicide" but with hands tied behind his back January 2015

Christina Annersley died from a seeming "overdose of antibiotics"(!), but with no post mortem also January 2015

Hannah Witheridge and David Miller - dual murder and rape September 2014

Nick Pearson disappeared after a night out with his family - found dead out at sea by a scuba diver the next day, killed by "a fall" January 2014

I've witnessed myself on several occasions the angry, rude way that some of the locals have treated the new batch of "cash cows" (myself included") coming in off the boat.

And I have to smile at the astonishing presumption of two contributors here, yourself included, who have grabbed at a passing thought and deduced I must have some kind of a business on Samui and am thus miffed about competition.

A forced reaction. I haven't run any kind of business since I left England in 1995, and never even considered it in Thailand.

Have you a business interest on Koh Tao? It seems you are protesting - dismissively and angrily - just a bit too much . . . . 

No, I haven't been to any islands in the south since the late 1980s. 

The only example you quote that is definitely a murder victim is the Hannah and David case.

The others have been gone over infinite in the past-

Dimitry with a suicide note in French

Christina out of it on drugs

Nick Pearson and Valentina -God knows, no witnesses to any 'crimes'

Luke Miller- enjoyed a fun time- yolo- no witnesses to any 'crime'-m where were his mates by the way?

5 hours ago, Krenjai said:

This is the booth 

sunset-bar-koh-tao.jpg

22-10-2015d.jpg

Once the stairs are climbed, the roof appears(in your pic) to be at chest level, I'm not sure why you think its impossible or even remotely difficult for a fit young man to manage?

Edited by onthesoi

17 hours ago, observer90210 said:

one sensible step would be to alert the press in their homeland and make sure large level news is deployed nation or even worldwide!

The UK coroner said there was no evidence of murder. do you really think it's going to be worldwide news?!

Edited by bannork

6 hours ago, Khun Han said:

D'you reckon Luke was the one who switched the cctv off which had earlier recorded him drinking there?

Fact - A blood alcohol level of 140 mg / 100 ml of blood is not blind drunk for a regular drinker and,

Fact - Luke had trace levels of Ritalin in his blood, from his use of it several days earlier at a full moon party on Koh Pangan, where he drank heavily and, strangly, didn't do any of the crazy things that you and others are claiming he did on the night he died (without a shred of evidence by the way).

Luke was drunk (but not badly) and not on drugs the night he died. Read the report again and then come back and apologise for behaving like a twit with your misinformation. I expect Luke would still be alive today if he'd been drinking in just about any other place in the world than Koh Tao that night.

He was nearly twice over the limit, climbing on to the roof was dangerous even if sober and yes, according to reports in the UK media he had traces of drugs(which should not be mixed with alcohol) in his blood on the night he died.

Dead + head injuries at the bottom of a swimming pool is not evidence?

Where is your evidence he died at the hands of the Thai Mafia? ....and not the most probable explanation which is a drunken accident?

Edited by onthesoi