60 Day Tourist Visa Laos

Just had 4 Friends return this morning from Laos all recieved a 60 day visa 2 had more then 9 exemptions(3 since october's new rules) in thier passports, 2 had 1 exemption, so it seems that gaining a visa is a matter of spending time and a few $ to go outside the country and apply. all 4 hold Philippine passports...my daughter aged 3 years(Australian passport) was told don't bother to apply 4 the 60 day visa and was given a new 30 day visa, this after already having 4 exemptions in her passport ? children under 14 are not fined 500Bht on departure for overstaying was there logic so why ask for a 60 day visa..quote from Embassy staff.

Go figure...

Edited by nucopia

Just had 4 Friends return this morning from Laos all recieved a 60 day visa 2 had more then 9 exemptions(3 since october's new rules) in thier passports, 2 had 1 exemption, so it seems that gaining a visa is a matter of spending time and a few $ to go outside the country and apply. all 4 hold Philippine passports...my daughter aged 3 years(Australian passport) was told don't bother to apply 4 the 60 day visa and was given a new 30 day visa, this after already having 4 exemptions in her passport ? children under 14 are not fined 500Bht on departure for overstaying was there logic so why ask for a 60 day visa..quote from Embassy staff.

Go figure...

If this was Savanket was there Christmas day.

Yes 60 tourist no problem.

Gave a couple of Philippines a hard time saying it was their last one?

From the staff of consulate If U want B visa you will now need Letter from Police of your country + confirmation of authenticity's from your Embassy.

Lastest Suan Plu BKK yesterday.

Changing O tourist to B the same + if a teacher u will also need your orginal degree or letter from University + letter from your Embassy to confirm it + docs from school & MoE.

Paul

Could you expand on the post above please? Changing from tourist (believe the O in error?) to B? What was the same? If a home country police report was required was this everyone? So far had only seen reports of teachers needing such documentation for visa issue. Thanks.

Could you expand on the post above please? Changing from tourist (believe the O in error?) to B? What was the same? If a home country police report was required was this everyone? So far had only seen reports of teachers needing such documentation for visa issue. Thanks.

Hi Lopburi.

Yea Sorry Loburi about that.

Bus lag Saraburi to BKK to Mukdahan, Should know better (lived here long enough) than travel New year.

Yes U are right Tourist to B at Suan Plu.

Savanaket.

From The guys who process the Applications all New B visa's no matter teacher or other will require back ground check from Police of their country backed up by Embassy confirmation.

Also yes given 60 days automatically.

Yes 2 Filipinos warned there last visa application ???.

Also Rumour but from the same 2 consulate staff if it gets more busier the will go to 2 days for visa applications.

Suan Plu.

Yes this was for a teacher changing tourist to B BUT as for other B's ? BUT THIS IS THAILAND who knows

Hi Paul. I noticed there are question marks at the end of the sentence...

1) Does this mean that they were or weren't warned?

2) Were there people of other nationalities with the same visa/VOA stamps as the Filipinos who were let thru more easily than the Filipinos?

( I have some Filipno friends...)

The place get crowded with Filipinos , so that's why they start to question and may be try to divert the flow.

It is still possible to get any Non Immigrat Visa in Savannasakhet , but need full documents.

Latest is that people need to get a Police Clearance Letter .

I interpret the warning that they might give Tourist Visa only one time per year from each consulate/country.

Edited by visarunner

Hi Paul. I noticed there are question marks at the end of the sentence...

1) Does this mean that they were or weren't warned?

2) Were there people of other nationalities with the same visa/VOA stamps as the Filipinos who were let thru more easily than the Filipinos?

They were warned David That was for sure by the Guts who process the Visas.

The place get crowded with Filipinos , so that's why they start to question and may be try to divert the flow.

It is still possible to get any Non Immigrat Visa in Savannasakhet , but need full documents.

I interpret the warning that they might give Tourist Visa only one time per year from each consulate/country.

Yea so long as U have the Doc's Ok no problem BUt New B's will need this back ground check for sure.

Only thing I know all the others got no problem Tourist visas 60 days But these 2 Filipnoes were warned 100%

Yea so long as U have the Doc's Ok no problem BUt New B's will need this back ground check for sure.

Only thing I know all the others got no problem Tourist visas 60 days But these 2 Filipnoes were warned 100%

Thanks for the info Paul!

Interesting.

At last... JOD reveals himself.

I don't confirm nor deny. :o

I confirm however, that my girlfriend is definitely filipino. As for me, it's possible. Very very very possible. :D

:o

Go figure...

Just to add, our group (2 Brits and a japanese) all got our visa a couple of days ago in Vientiane (we all had a bit of "history" with our stamps too.) In fact, the hundred or so people collecting their passports all had smiles on their faces (or looks of relief!). It would seem that its a safe bet there. After all, they want/need the money right?

Go figure...

Just to add, our group (2 Brits and a japanese) all got our visa a couple of days ago in Vientiane (we all had a bit of "history" with our stamps too.) In fact, the hundred or so people collecting their passports all had smiles on their faces (or looks of relief!). It would seem that its a safe bet there. After all, they want/need the money right?

Possible. If an embassy doesn't earn enough money on it's own by selling visas, then they need to ask their home country's ministry of foreign affairs to send money subsidy to pay embassy salaries, etc... and the sending of money from home government can get delayed big time coz of red tape etc... the result is that salaries of embassy staff are delayed. If they have regular cashflow from selling visas, they get can use the cash for embassy expenses almost immediately. Unfortunately, that also may be the reason on why it's more difficult to get 1 year multi visas... it would be in their best interest to make you come back regularly every 3 months.

[

I am applying for non imm. "o" in Vientiane early next week based on marriage. Is it better to take the wife ? If it is refused can i apply for a TV same day ?

I got my 60 days in Vientiane on the 27th/28th, no problems. Every one else seemed to be happy as well. I had three years of "visa runs" in my passport some guys I spoke to had 5 or 6 years. Some of the applicants looked like they were down to their last 50 satang too but they were just handing out the visas to anybody.

Just a quick up date to my Post .Re: my 3 year old daughter Aust Passport was denied a 60 day visa ,reason children under 7 do not need visa's ? I went to Immigration BKK and inquired about her situation. from the staff there I was told any child under 14 can over stay in loS with out problems yes a three year old could in theory stay 11 years with out the need for a visa ... No penalty on departure as long as the parents have a valid visa.. when the child leaves with you. gob smacked ! They said dont pay visa for children, save your money.. Yes ! big savings with three children under 14 ! Thanks !!!!!!!!

I am on my last VOA and have to go next week to Vientiane to get a TV has anyone ran into any problems being on their last VOA? I have 5 years of VOA stamps and a couple of non B stamps. I am woried that it may be a problem.

If I get the TV when that is up I am on my way back to USA to get my non B but I really don't want to be stuck in Vientiane.

Nobody has reported any problem obtaining a tourist visa in Vientiane and many have reported having years of 30 day stamps.

Hi

I just got back from Vientiane with non-O. Was expecting the embassy to be overrun with ex VOA-ers, but it was quite the opposite. Turned up at about 10:30, was immediately able to complete and submit application form, then waited about 15 mins for the privilege of paying for it.

Next afternoon, arrived about 50 mins before opening time. There were about 5-6 people already in the queue. By the time they opened the gate, there must have been about 50-60. Anyway got my passport back straight away. This was probably the easiest visa run I've ever done there. Hope this helps.

H.

Anyone know what is a good place to stay not to far from the consulate?

yep - Phonepaseuth guesthouse near the fountain at 97 Pangkham road. Dead centre of town. You could walk to the consulate but a good 30 mins. only 50 baht by tuk-tuk. Rooms with and without balconies, they actually have two buidings side-by-side. Different room rates but from 360 baht to 720 (that 720 room is beautiful,just stayed there. Private balcony, air-con,cable,fridge,two beds, hot water, breakfast). They take e-mail bookings at [email protected]. I'd book it as it's very popular.

Nobody has reported any problem obtaining a tourist visa in Vientiane and many have reported having years of 30 day stamps.

looks like vientiane has changed a lot since the new rules were implemented. i've read stories from people before the rule changes where they had problems getting visas in vientiane even with the proper documentation. but lately it seems they're more friendly...

The day Vientiane drop out the Visa is good for everyone, but the day before is the day the stop people with no right documents.

The men before in que was stopped, he had a lot of documents about "works" in Thailand but he missed one. Sorry for him.