Wakeup Notebook when plugged in

alocacoc

Is there a way the notebook get wake-up from sleep mode as soon the power cable is plugged win? Windows 7.

I googled it but couldn't found any information.

I play around.... The reason, sometimes in my condo they cut the electricity for several hours for maintenance work. Then I go out. My goal, to figure out when the power comes back. I thought, ok, I just ping my no-ip ddns adress. If no answer, still no electricity. But this won't work since my router doesn't support no-ip. I use a they client on my notebook. But the battery keeps the notebook only 1 1/2 hours alive. So, the no-ip client will not be able to update the new IP address.

Probably there is no way to solve this. But maybe I miss something.

Edited by alocacoc

Is there a way the notebook get wake-up from sleep mode as soon the power cable is plugged win? Windows 7.

I googled it but couldn't found any information.

I play around.... The reason, sometimes in my condo they cut the electricity for several hours for maintenance work. Then I go out. My goal, to figure out when the power comes back. I thought, ok, I just ping my no-ip ddns adress. If no answer, still no electricity. But this won't work since my router doesn't support no-ip. I use a they client on my notebook. But the battery keeps the notebook only 1 1/2 hours alive. So, the no-ip client will not be able to update the new IP address.

Probably there is no way to solve this. But maybe I miss something.

There's such a thing as wake-on-lan which could do it via a ping bit I don't know how. Look in the BIOS

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

There's such a thing as wake-on-lan which could do it via a ping bit I don't know how. Look in the BIOS

Thank you. I tried that before. Sometimes it works, sometime not. Very unreliable.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Make sure router has it set for pass through

Yes it does. I forgot the exactly reason why it doesn't work every time. After a while some information in a map get lost. Some kind of binding would solve this problem. I spent hours, but it never worked for me.

But also wake on Lan wouldn't work. Power off for several hours. Router gets a new Wan address. But my no - ip ddns service won't get updated, because the client is running on the notebook. It's not possible to configure the router with this no - ip service. That's confirmed by other users who use the same model.

It's difficult to do. Have you thought about a raspberry pi. ? It will boot once power is back on easy to ssh into.

I heard about. I think it's a cool device? Are they available in Thailand?