Giraffe attack man tells Thai media what happened at Khon Kaen zoo

webfact

Giraffe attack man tells Thai media what happened at Khon Kaen zoo

4pm.jpg

Picture: Thai News Agency

KHON KAEN: -- A Thai man who was attacked by a giraffe has told the media what happened on Monday at Khon Kaen zoo.

Surakij Suppachockchai, 30, was making his first visit to the zoo with his girlfriend. He was getting up close and personal with a giraffe on an elevated platform.

He was calling out: "Giraffe, giraffe".

He tried to touch the creature that responded with a swift head-butt-cum-swipe to the shoulder.

Surakij - who posted a video of his experience on Facebook - was not seriously hurt and harbored no ill feelings to the giraffe saying he likes animals.

Smiling broadly he advised people not to get too close and admitted that he had probably annoyed the animal when it was trying to feed itself grass.

The zoo authorities reminded the public to follow the signs and advice of park staff at all times.

The story was aired on national TV.

Source: Thai News Agency

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-16

i been there.  You can buy a handful bundle of some green stuff and feed the animal.  I gave a bundle to some school kids and they had a blast.  Just sticking your hand out, pissed the animal off.  He doesn't entertain for free.  I have seen some nature videos of those giraffes butting themselves and if they get a full head of steam up there is a lot of weight going around

4 hours ago, jaymbkk said:

This made it to the news ? .. that's the kind of shit you see on a "fails compilation" YouTube video .. not on national TV

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

But but it's the main info on the TV.

'was not seriously hurt and harbored no ill feelings to the giraffe saying he likes animals'

Well, this is an animal after all. I don't know how any rational person could hold any ill feelings towards a sentinent being who has zero concept of face or pride. 

Lesson learned here? Animals are wild and unpredictable. Leave them alone. 

<deleted>! From the headlines, I initially thought that it was the giraffe holding the press conference and talking to the thai media. If you have attended some press conferences in Thailand.....you would not be surprised if a giraffe or a donkey was there doing all the talking!