Watch the terrifying moment Koh Samui zookeeper's stunt with a crocodile goes horribly wrong

rooster59

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

The Croc Farm is by the airport, it's not a Zoo.
They breed crocs for skin and meat.
Plenty of them around Thailand, without them the Siam Croc would extinct.

Errm... I think it would be better to say that croc farms have contributed to the near extinction of Siam crocs in the wild. 

"Commercial hunting for the skin trade and collection of live animals to stock crocodile farms, in the mid- and late-twentieth century respectively, are considered to be the principal causes for its decline."  http://www.iucnredlist.org/details/5671/0 

Errm... I think it would be better to say that croc farms have contributed to the near extinction of Siam crocs in the wild. 

"Commercial hunting for the skin trade and collection of live animals to stock crocodile farms, in the mid- and late-twentieth century respectively, are considered to be the principal causes for its decline."  http://www.iucnredlist.org/details/5671/0 

Good riddance

On 2017-6-18 at 2:18 PM, oldhippy said:

Indeed, it is not.

From yesterdays newspaper, the idiot died.

495811451.jpg

Many years ago I went to a bull ring, not to see bullfighting but to watch what was advertised as  fun/entertainment for tourists. The idea was to try and hang a rope ring on very young bulls horns, the horns were blunt ended with what looked like golfball sized caps. It all went toes up when one young English guy got hit squarely in the lower back by one of the bulls going flat out. We heard the crack 50/60 metres away.

Since then I have never been to watch any animal show, if friends want to see the croc show I will go in with them but leave before it starts and meet outside later.

Edited by overherebc

6 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Many years ago I went to a bull ring, not to see bullfighting but to watch what was advertised as  fun/entertainment for tourists.

I saw something similar, just inland from Torrevieja, some 25 years ago. At that time I lived there and thought maybe it was a good night out.

The show was the first of two 'bull' evenings. We went to the 'fun night' and watched as bulls were teased, tormented and humiliated. Never went again.

I'm with you on boycotting this animal stuff; from tigers to crocs to cobras. 

6 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I saw something similar, just inland from Torrevieja, some 25 years ago. At that time I lived there and thought maybe it was a good night out.

The show was the first of two 'bull' evenings. We went to the 'fun night' and watched as bulls were teased, tormented and humiliated. Never went again.

I'm with you on boycotting this animal stuff; from tigers to crocs to cobras. 

We were in Gib' and went a short distance into Spain but I honestly can't remember the name of the town.