Tot Ipstar.. Very Slow

kenjin

Just got back from Blighty (UK), where I was completely spoilt with a 10mbps cable connection, for 17 GBPs per month, pure bliss...

Well, I`m back in Thailand on my 1mbps TOT IPstar, its completly useless, its even worse than it was when I left. I can only open certain web pages.. Hotmail won't open at all and most of the time I can't Google. I can connect to this site no problem but many pages wont open :o

Also, I loose connection around 5 time plus a day, somtimes for hours. Very frustrating when my business is over the internet.

The service is getting very poor now; as I was concerned it would be knowing TOT. There is no help center to call. I went to the TOT office and they adviced me to contact the guy who fitted it??? I don't think he's much more than a electrical engineer, not a Net Tech. He always gives me the same BS as he did the day he fitted it. Theres problems in Bangkok, they are working on it..its dragging on and i`m completley monopolized by IPStar having no tel lines over here and for all this trouble i am paying 2,600THB a month.

Is anyone else having problems? Or maybe its at my end.

Just got back from Blighty (UK), where I was completely spoilt with a 10mbps cable connection, for 17 GBPs per month, pure bliss...

Well, I`m back in Thailand on my 1mbps TOT IPstar, its completly useless, its even worse than it was when I left. I can only open certain web pages.. Hotmail won't open at all and most of the time I can't Google. I can connect to this site no problem but many pages wont open :o

Also, I loose connection around 5 time plus a day, somtimes for hours. Very frustrating when my business is over the internet.

The service is getting very poor now; as I was concerned it would be knowing TOT. There is no help center to call. I went to the TOT office and they adviced me to contact the guy who fitted it??? I don't think he's much more than a electrical engineer, not a Net Tech. He always gives me the same BS as he did the day he fitted it. Theres problems in Bangkok, they are working on it..its dragging on and i`m completley monopolized by IPStar having no tel lines over here and for all this trouble i am paying 2,600THB a month.

Is anyone else having problems? Or maybe its at my end.

Running great! Suggest that you have the tech come out and check the alignment and software parameters

I have TOT Ipstar, but the corporate 2MB/1MB version of it. Works fine today. Last night speed was terrible. How is your signal strength/EsNo?

whats the URL to log in to the router interface, I use to know with CSloxinfo but not since I switched to TOT

BTW.. absolutley dreadful all day.. Taking me hours to do the simplist of tasks. It really is very frustrating

What’s baffling me is that I just checked the speed test on here and I’m getting 991kbps download speed. I think maybe my connection isn't constant, like its loosing connection momentarily.

I will get the tech in (yet again) tomorrow see if he can sort it. Its just embarrasing when he checks the speed and its normal..

im having exactly the same problems you described, so its not just you. i can only get certain websites, google now and again. this started on boxing day and has got no better since. i had the guy who installed it come out yesterday. he coudnt help me at all, and said it was a problem with all ip-star at this time. he said it was caused by an earthquake in Taiwan and things should improove in a week or so.

i have had no real problems with my service, in the 3 months i have had it in. so finger crossed we should be ready to go soon

This update from CSLoxinfo in my mailbox this morning.

With reference to our announcement regarding International circuit degradation due to the leak in submarine cable which has caused by earthquake in Taiwan, we are informed by CAT Telecom that 4 submarine cables in Pacific Ocean which connect from Thailand to Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan and United States have been damaged from this incident.

In handling with the effect of this incident, CAT increases the bandwidth capacity through India Ocean for the internet access in the submarine cable connecting from Thailand to Europe for 600 Mbps. on Thursday – 28th December 2006. As a result, the difficulty in using internet has been improved.

According to this incident, CAT is currently coordinating with International Telco in order to provide alternative circuit and follow up the 4-submarine cable maintenance. CAT expected that cables will be fully recovered by the mid of January, 2007.

Furthermore, CAT is in the process to provide a backup route and expand the circuit in order to support the use of internet users in Thailand. At the same time, CS LoxInfo starts to gain more bandwidth back from Singapore – Thailand circuit.

However, the customers will still experience slow speed when accessing some international network or unable to access some destinations. The situation is expected to improve respectively after this New Year season.

We apologize for the inconvenience and will update you on the progress this incident accordingly.

If there is any updated information, we will inform you accordingly.

Thank you for your kind understanding on this matter.

Thank you for choosing CS LoxInfo Service.

Best Regards,

Customer Service Department

CS Loxinfo Public Company Limited

My TOT Ipstar has been deteriorating every since I've had it. It's starting to remind me of Loxinfo Ipstar. Since the earthquake, I haven't been able to open my Gmail. Google opens slowly but it does work. I now have to use a GPRS connection to open Gmail. It works so I know it's not Gmail's problem.

Makes me glad that I kept my Hotmail account.

Thanks to all who wrote, I thought it was just me! I got TOT Ipsatar 3 months ago and it was fine (not UK MB speed but good enough). Now its so slow, as others have said I cant even get google mail. I hope that the line will get better soon as this is not worth the money at the moment.

My TOT Ipstar has been deteriorating every since I've had it. It's starting to remind me of Loxinfo Ipstar. Since the earthquake, I haven't been able to open my Gmail. Google opens slowly but it does work. I now have to use a GPRS connection to open Gmail. It works so I know it's not Gmail's problem.

Makes me glad that I kept my Hotmail account.

I too am forced to use my GPRS to connect to certain websites... I can connect to Yahoo.com but not Yahoo.co.uk...

On top off all this I had an hard drive failure last night, lost all my Christmas photos, had to do a complete re-install of my OS... its going bad to worse..Just hope the new years brings a change of luck..