Marriage Visa

hello all ,

nice to see this website . i need some help about visa . i married with thai laly, we have all document for marriage visa . i need to know that with marriage visa , i can work here or not . near my house in pathumthani , i got many students who like to learn english with me . so if i teach from home should i apply for work permit or not . please accept my advance thanks to all members.

thanks

vijay

You will need a work permit.

thanks lite beer,

it means , i have to apply for work permit . but how i can got work permit . because i not have any work . and if i show my business, that case . they need minimum 2 million baht in my account . which i can't present . what i should do ?

What do you mean by "marriage visa"? There is no such thing so suspect you are either talking about a non immigrant O visa that you obtain from a Consulate outside of Thailand to visit your family (wife) (or convert a tourist visa at Immigration). That requires marriage certificate and perhaps a copy of wife ID card to obtain (along with normal charge/photos) at Consulate or the old 800k bank account or 40k income if done at Immigration.

The next step is an extension of stay based on your marriage and obtained from Immigration. That requires 40k monthly family income.

As said you can obtain a work permit on a non immigrant O visa and believe the requirements for a company are 1 million in that case and actual cash may be less - if you are serious about that you should talk with a firm such as forum sponsor for details.