"I want to meet a foreign man that will take care of my family."

music065

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, music065 said:

I've heard many women say "I prefer a well-seasoned man."

So, does that mean you sprinkle salt all over yourself before you leave the house? lol

Edited by bbi1

5 hours ago, music065 said:

As a matter of fact I'm sporting a salt & pepper look til I decide to shave my head. 

Are you talking about Salt-N-Pepa, the all female hip hop girl group? :shock1:

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

Are you talking about Salt-N-Pepa, the all female hip hop girl group? :shock1:

They put the sexy into sex. And talked about it too!! Helped Hip Hop get started. Those were the days.

Met a girl in Nana last week. She was quite attractive.  After talking a little she told me that she was broke and all she had in life was a fine pussy cat and two boobz to rent.  

I am more than twice her age but enjoy renting and have the dollars to pay. 

This woman was great and if we are all honest, sex is a negotiation of cash, emotion, and risk whether you know each other 5 minutes or 50 years. Cheers. ?

There is still a very large portion of the world where caring for ones family, especially elderly parents, is very important. It has been this way in all parts of Asia and other countries for thousands of years. We forget this in the west because of large private pensions and social security. In countries where such things do not exist at the same level who else is going to take care of them? I see nothing wrong with it, and if you are going to get involved with a Thai woman you better get used to it. Your marriage will fail if you do not accept this cultural imperative and show some willingness to be helpful to your wife's family. I handle marriage visas for couples from all parts of the world. In Thailand especially its important that the western husband understand how important this cultural obligation is to your spouse. It's not about greed. It's about fulfilling ones role in society. As westerners who view ourselves as more independent and self sufficient, this can be difficult to understand and it's easy in our ignorance to attribute wrongful motives to these ladies. Yes there are gold diggers in Thailand like everywhere else but my experience is that these girls are not the norm when a long term relationship is being contemplated. The upside is that if you as a western man can wrap your arms around this and work with this, she will wrap her arms around you! If not then best you not marry a Thai woman.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 6/23/2017 at 5:42 AM, bill59 said:

There is still a very large portion of the world where caring for ones family, especially elderly parents, is very important. It has been this way in all parts of Asia and other countries for thousands of years. We forget this in the west because of large private pensions and social security. In countries where such things do not exist at the same level who else is going to take care of them? I see nothing wrong with it, and if you are going to get involved with a Thai woman you better get used to it. Your marriage will fail if you do not accept this cultural imperative and show some willingness to be helpful to your wife's family. I handle marriage visas for couples from all parts of the world. In Thailand especially its important that the western husband understand how important this cultural obligation is to your spouse. It's not about greed. It's about fulfilling ones role in society. As westerners who view ourselves as more independent and self sufficient, this can be difficult to understand and it's easy in our ignorance to attribute wrongful motives to these ladies. Yes there are gold diggers in Thailand like everywhere else but my experience is that these girls are not the norm when a long term relationship is being contemplated. The upside is that if you as a western man can wrap your arms around this and work with this, she will wrap her arms around you! If not then best you not marry a Thai woman.

Cultural obligation, its about fullfilling ones role in society. You wrote this above. I would call it more, manipulation with the sole aim of losing SELF in order to serve "the family". Regardless wether "the family" deserves it or not. I suggest you look behind the surface and think.

On ‎23‎/‎6‎/‎2560 at 10:42 AM, bill59 said:

My observations are that the importance of caring for one's parents seems to receive far greater emphasis when there's a relatively affluent foreigner around to foot the bill. Yes, there is less of a social safety net in place here, and many Thais do care for their parents, but many don't lift a finger, and only feign concern when a foreigner is around in order to play on the sympathies, and "work" this somewhat dated stereotype. If elder care is so deeply entrenched in the culture, why is it that you rarely encounter a Thai wife who expresses concern about the elderly parents of their foreign spouse? If it was so entrenched in the culture, shouldn't it be just as applicable to the husband's elderly parents? :whistling:  Maybe this is unfair, but some of the so-called "insights" you are disseminating sound like the kind of pulp you read on mail order bride websites claiming to give unsuspecting guys a crash course on cultural norms, when in reality all that they are doing is promolgating outdated stereotypes.

Edited by Gecko123

On 7/2/2017 at 1:37 AM, Gecko123 said:

My observations are that the importance of caring for one's parents seems to receive far greater emphasis when there's a relatively affluent foreigner around to foot the bill. Yes, there is less of a social safety net in place here, and many Thais do care for their parents, but many don't lift a finger, and only feign concern when a foreigner is around in order to play on the sympathies, and "work" this somewhat dated stereotype. If elder care is so deeply entrenched in the culture, why is it that you rarely encounter a Thai wife who expresses concern about the elderly parents of their foreign spouse? If it was so entrenched in the culture, shouldn't it be just as applicable to the husband's elderly parents? :whistling:  Maybe this is unfair, but some of the so-called "insights" you are disseminating sound like the kind of pulp you read on mail order bride websites claiming to give unsuspecting guys a crash course on cultural norms, when in reality all that they are doing is promolgating outdated stereotypes.

Thank you for your insightful and wise commentary.

These are the type of women who want the old fat, ugly, rich guy, because these are the only guys they will get, and these guys are the only guys who would entertain these sort of women because that is all they will get, and there are plenty of both types.

On 6/23/2017 at 10:42 AM, bill59 said:

Great post and what you are saying is 100% right, now let me add one more thing, most of these guys will have to accept that their wife sooner or later, will eventually stray with someone much younger, most likely a Thai guy.:passifier::kiss01:

But there are also a decent proportion of Thai ladies who are independant and are not looking for a "retirement pension health scheme plan", financed by a farang! I agree that they may not be found on the easy track, but such ladies do exist...like anywhere else in the world!

But there are also a decent proportion of Thai ladies who are independant and are not looking for a "retirement pension health scheme plan", financed by a farang! I agree that they may not be found on the easy track, but such ladies do exist...like anywhere else in the world!

Trouble is to many men come here and marry the first bar girl who says they love them .so what can you expect?

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, i claudius said:

Trouble is to many men come here and marry the first bar girl who says they love them .so what can you expect?

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

very true!!...with time and age, we all like to get things in the easy path and it's human....but a relationship is far to much a serious issue and if with the wrong person, it could cost one all their  life's savings, or even their  life!...no matter where in the world...love makes people blind and that's  usually when mistakes are made...

On 7/3/2017 at 9:53 PM, observer90210 said:

Pity most of them look so damn average.   If they wouldn't place in the top 3 at a beauty pageant why would you bother?

50 minutes ago, MrSnow said:

Pity most of them look so damn average.   If they wouldn't place in the top 3 at a beauty pageant why would you bother?

C'mon.. there are also some busty, good looking ones out there who are not venal...but then whats a sexy chesty cutie to me may not see same to an other...taste varies!

Come to think of it, I too would like to meet a foreign man who will take care of my family.

I would very much like  the foreigner to send my father a stipend. This would be most amusing.

Father may not have a  tractor, but he has these swarthy foreign fellows who tend to the garden and with the extra money, he could expand the rose bush section. 

7 hours ago, thehelmsman said:

If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I've seen quite a few farangs who went the "ugly path" and it didn't work out too well for them either. 

7 hours ago, Berkshire said:

I've seen quite a few farangs who went the "ugly path" and it didn't work out too well for them either. 

As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder :shock1:

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2017 at 0:11 AM, MrSnow said:

Doubt you would either in a hunky competition.....?....sad-face.gif.5eaab2c87b71bdfaf9a1adcd6ede0b6e.gif