Wife returned to Thailand, what's her next scam

robertbruce

Finally, after 40K my son finally accepts his Thai wife has been ripping him off. She has returned to Thailand barely months after her daughter arrived.

I am wondering if anyone can tell me what her next harang will be?

Does she have any claim on his property?
Can she enforce a Child Support Agency claim?

Some details are...
They married in Australia about 16 months ago...

The daughter made it over about 7 months ago...

Visa's obtained are Dependent Child visa (subclass 445) and Partner visa (subclasses 820 and 801)...

Australian Family Law applies.  No crime.  You did not have exclusive custody....You could apply to the could but you will not get it, at best visit right which would be unenforceable.

On divorce if here court takes little account of length of marriage.

Nott sure if you can get out of need to pay child support as not the birth father but though possible may be hard.  Has she applied for it?

Edited by harrry

thanks Will and Harry, On the surface it doesn't seem possible for her to go to the CSA but a website can't list what it is possible for a lawyer to do. I also don't know what was done in Thailand. Being that she has deserted him and back in Thailand he has grounds to cancel her visa. On the visa web site cancelling a visa seems easy but who knows, im not going to be surprised if it is more difficult...

It's a real pity, we are friends with a couple of long standing mixed heritage marriages with mixed heritage children, everyone gets along, the kids are wonderful, it's just a real pity...

49 minutes ago, robertbruce said:

thanks Will and Harry, On the surface it doesn't seem possible for her to go to the CSA but a website can't list what it is possible for a lawyer to do. I also don't know what was done in Thailand. Being that she has deserted him and back in Thailand he has grounds to cancel her visa. On the visa web site cancelling a visa seems easy but who knows, im not going to be surprised if it is more difficult...

It's a real pity, we are friends with a couple of long standing mixed heritage marriages with mixed heritage children, everyone gets along, the kids are wonderful, it's just a real pity...

If she has the 801 visa, cannot have it cancelled.

Not always easy to cancel an 820 either. It depends on the circumstances.

At least he seems safe with a CSA assessment.

Edited by Will27