TOT IPTV for Mukdahan

ttl

I was attracted to this service, with the basic package installed in October  2016.

The technician set it up and said Mr Tong (the expert) would call and explain the basics

Have not seen him yet, despitee several requests..

The white top box lasted 4 weeks and was replaced by a new improved Black model

which also failed after 4 weeks, and was replaced with a new white version.

One of the main reasons I went with them was to obtain an extended contract that

permits some English and sports channels,Understand from call center that there is

"choice plus" or a "super plus"

If anyone has used either of these I should be pleased to hear your comments

For months now Mukdahan office has come up with a range of comments.

1/Not available here

2/No longer available

3/Cannot

4/No brochures available,no idea!

Also the mini instruction sheet supplied, is in Thai and there appears to be no English version which should be available at least on line.  No have!??  There is a video on line in Thai. Regarding the plus options there is no information in brochure form or on line.I have had 3 different price structures???

Call center starts Ok with the option of pushing 9 for English. Wow but then it waffles on in Thai, I presume,offering  extension options.<deleted>

My wife to-day went to the office to sort out an account error,and asked the account lady again about Choice,.  Reply No Have(*&^%#@!)*!

Any comments please

ONLY ONE REPLY        Sonuds as though the service does not exist

No user comment from anywhere  useless website even in Thai

We got TOT IPTV installed in our new home about 6 years ago. It was offered free back then as part of ISP service. Back then it was my introduction to IPTV services and English TV services in Thailand as I wasn't familiar with the technology and nothing to lose.

The TOT IPTV set top box lasted about 3 weeks until I threw it out. Nothing wrong with it but I could see it was geared to TOT paid services which weren't what I wanted to watch and overpriced. Couldn't even access Google play store on it without some jigging around side loading stuff. Replaced the box with generic Android TV box to run on same TOT ISP line and been happy ever since using IPTV services from elsewhere and /or Kodi. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have had TOT IPTV for around 4 years on my TOT fiber (no choice on this) without too many issues (well for Thailand) and their support is OK BUT yesterday they dropped Universal. My call to support about this was that Universal have stopped broadcasting in SE Asia and an allusion to "you'll have to wait until a new channel comes"

Anyone have any alternatives?

According to Wikipedia: Universal Channel (Asia)

On July 1, 2017, Universal Channel along with SyFy will be ceased transmission at midnight in the rest of the Asia and in Malaysia and Sri Lanka will also discontinued by June 30, 2017. The channel programmed with a final episode of Shades of Blue on that day, an ending with the season one finale "One Last Lie" before went off-the-air. Most of the programs of Universal Channel were be moved to DIVA as continuing their support to all viewers.

52 minutes ago, Negita43 said:

Anyone have any alternatives?

I don't think you'll find satellite or cable -based solutions.

for media content not being picked up or even made available to Asian Sat/Cable operators you'll need to look to the Internet (and all the risk and frustration that goes along with that option).

No explanation given that I've been able to locate.

Just to stop notice to subscribers posted on their 'Asia' website, Facebook and Twitter accounts.

According to their various websites: Universal Channel Asia was a part of the still ongoing NBCUniversal International Networks (Universal Networks International), owned by Comcast Corporation (US) controlling 51% interest, and GE holding a 49% stake.

"Universal" continues to deliver content to over 248 million subscribers in 150 countries across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and Asia.

The programming continues to be delivered on other "Universal" owned distribution channels.

Archived