New Filano 125

Looking at buying the new 125 Filano I already have the 115c model great nippy little bike I love it, was only allowed to ride the 125 around the car park,very hard to get a feel of the bike doing that, would welcome comments for and against the bike, to me it looks a little cumbersome but I stand to be corrected. I do know that the mat finish is a little ummm.

Am in CM

Thank you in advance

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

I hope this is the cool one that looks like a Vespa?

Yes ,lovely looking bike and rides great .Called the Grand Filano .Comes in many nice colours also .

25 minutes ago, JoePai said:

Superb bike - best of the small scooters by far

Its a nice looking retro style  scooter, very suitable for teenage girls... :smile:

Hardly " the best of small scooters by far" 

A  click or nouvo sx125 are quicker 

Pcx, nmax and aerox 155cc are all way more capable bikes but they cost a bit more

2 hours ago, speedtripler said:

Its a nice looking retro style  scooter, very suitable for teenage girls... :smile:

Pcx, nmax and aerox 155cc are all way more capable bikes but they cost a bit more

Yes accept there are other faster bikes fair comment, BUT I like the style of the Filano classic styling , thank for your in put, but in saying that if the bike is suitable for teenage girls YOU must own one

Edited by Flying Kiwi
did not fully read response

54 minutes ago, Flying Kiwi said:

Yes accept there are other faster bikes fair comment, BUT I like the style of the Filano classic styling , thank for your in put, but in saying that if the bike is suitable for teenage girls YOU must own one

I didnt mean just speed alone ,other bikes have bigger  and wider wheels ,better brakes + shocks  ,larger frame 

more storage space ,idle stop and even abs and keyless start on the aerox now 

but obviously ,style must come first ....

dont forget to pick a colour that matches your handbag and lipstick  :smile:

7 minutes ago, anto said:

>>but obviously ,style must come first <<

Its high on my list but price and ride-ability,plus reliability are equally important . 

yamaha are bulletproof ,if you like it go for it 

all jokes aside ,there is nothing wrong with it 

1 hour ago, Flying Kiwi said:

This bike seems suitable for teen-aged girl.

[papa don't own one tho.]

30 minutes ago, anto said:

>>but obviously ,style must come first <<

Its high on my list but price and ride-ability,plus reliability are equally important . 

They are all cheap, ridable & reliable.

18 hours ago, speedtripler said:

Not at all the Yamaha beats them all piratically - saying a bike is quicker for these small scooters is silly as they are all plenty fast enough -  and the Yamaha is far more capable than the others for carry things

17 hours ago, JoePai said:

Not at all the Yamaha beats them all piratically - saying a bike is quicker for these small scooters is silly as they are all plenty fast enough -  and the Yamaha is far more capable than the others for carry things

Over half the scooters mentioned were Yamaha models, are you reading the same thread as the rest of us? :biggrin:

10 hours ago, speedtripler said:

Over half the scooters mentioned were Yamaha models, are you reading the same thread as the rest of us? :biggrin:

The thread was about the Yamaha  Grand Filano - come along keep up

Early this year we bought a new Filano 125 and value for money it is for sure. 51k, lots of seating and luggage space, did the Mae Hong Song loop in 3 days and a 3 day Nan province mountain ride, power enough for two and reasonable comfort for a lanky fat bastard and his 50kg wifey.

Then 3 weeks ago bought a 2017 Vespa 125GTS ABS, rode it from down from the UK to Central Portugal and okay a LOT more expensive, but much, much more fun, great sound and good handling. Prettier too.

Scooters do work better in western Europe, better roads, fewer dogs and potholes,... therefore our next Thai touring bike will be a CRF250.

So that's my comparison.

$_86.JPG

Edited by AllanB

8 hours ago, canthai55 said:

You plan on keeping the knobbies or running 17's

I currently have a Lifan GY200 (not enough power for two in the mountains), that has knobblies and I honestly don't notice them at all, until I go off-road!! I really don't get the motard bikes, you loose all that great dirt road capability and gain nothing..maybe cornering speed. No real asset, with what may be around any corner in LOS.

Back on topic, I think you guys are missing something very important with the Filano.."space"...all the other bike/scooters I tried were just too cramped. Two-up neither of us had any problem with cramp on our long trips, the Filano has a good riding position for a 6 footer and plenty of legroom. We carried 3 bag-fulls of luggage, one between my legs and still lots of room.

In terms of power, unless you are really determined to kill yourself, the 125cc engine and CVT has plenty, even in the mountains with our 150kg load. If you want to be Barry Sheen buy a CB500 and do it properly.

On 2017-6-23 at 10:23 AM, Agusts said:

AllenB; I can't believe you went from UK to Portugal on a Vespa scooter, are you serious... !? Do you know how many kilometers that is, how long did it take you... !!!! vow...

Sorry, we only did just over half, northern tip of Norfolk to Portsmouth 330km, then sailed to Bilbao, then from Northern Spain to Central Portugal 680km, total with detours around 1,200km really easy.

I so regret not doing the extra 900km whole trip, but chickened out..... reason. I bought the bike £3,400, 5 months old with 2miles on the clock and worried that his wife not liking the bike. wasn't the real reason he sold it.

Europe is much easier than SE Asia, sat at 80/85kph the whole way, no dogs, potholes and it just ate up the miles, weather 25c and mostly dry. 

Portugal is a real biker's/scooterer's heaven, and my trip down to the Supermarket is a 16km round trip on a bunch of twisties... I often forget something so I can do it again. Scooters work so well here.

Plenty of time left to do it properly, but may do the Italian job instead.....

Don't confuse old 2 stroke Vespas with this, it has torquey 4 stroke engine, nice suspension, fat tyres, screen, ABS/ASR, it almost rides itself, even 2 up with luggage. 

Edited by AllanB