Witch Hazel

MrBrad

Has anyone found witch hazel, the astringent, in Thailand.  It's a very common product in the States (and most likely many other countries), but it must be banned in Thailand.  Or not?

It is an astringent made from the leaves and bark of a shrub that I think is native only to North America, which would explain why not common in Europe.

It was originally used by Native Americans and is in common use in the US for skin ailments and hemmorroids.  It is also an ingrediant in many US-made skin creams/lotions.

Haven't seen it in Thailand, so it'd be nice to know if anyone has & where. Singapore?

It has various uses, though I don't know if any are scientifically verified. I find it useful as an aftershave, with a few drops of essential oil to improve the scent.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

It is an astringent made from the leaves and bark of a shrub that I think is native only to North America, which would explain why not common in Europe.

It was originally used by Native Americans and is in common use in the US for skin ailments and hemmorroids.  It is also an ingrediant in many US-made skin creams/lotions.

Ok thank you..... nice to hear about something new and somewhat natural, hopefully with a bit less of pharma additives!...

Archived