Electric scooters, licence needed?

banagan

17 minutes ago, PC800 said:

I do think there will be changes in the law as electric motorcycles become more prevalent.   I doubt that HONDA would announce it's planning to manufacture electric and hybrid Honda PCX motorcycles in the near future if they would be illegal.  Maybe some changes in the law are coming.

Plainig manufacturing its not mean planning sale. And sure its not mean do it..

7 hours ago, PC800 said:

I do think there will be changes in the law as electric motorcycles become more prevalent.   I doubt that HONDA would announce it's planning to manufacture electric and hybrid Honda PCX motorcycles in the near future if they would be illegal.  Maybe some changes in the law are coming.

Why do you think they are illegal?

• 6 months later...
On 3/2/2018 at 10:43 AM, colinneil said:

A mobility scooter as classed as a medical aid.

Now all you know alls should check this out before spouting off about people being wrong.

I checked it out when i first got my scooter.

Get stopped often by the police, most times assisting me over the main highway, or for a chat, and how much you pay for scooter, never once asked about license.

Mobility scooters are 'tolerated' not legal.. A fine difference.. 

Same as modified 3 wheel scooters.. Same as adapted sidecars etc etc.. Same as 'pop rot' 50cc scooters used to be, but then no longer are. 

Anything electric with > 500w of power, legally needs a license.. Which is currently not obtainable and likely would need manufacturers to gain type approval as Thailand doesnt recognise single registrations of brands. 

So if the mobility scooter have a >500w moter its not legal, it very often is however tolerated. 

Archived