Marriage extension - review period

17 minutes ago, tirekicker said:

Visa under consideration from Hat Yai.

I applied for my O visa based on marriage at Phuket immigration on May 10th 2017 well over months now and still waiting for approval from Hat Yai. This is the eighth year I’ve applied for my visa and have previously only had to wait less than a month for approval, has anybody else had this long wait before as it seems a bit strange.

That does seem a bit long.

Perhaps division 6 in Hat Yai is busy or Phuket immigration did not send it as quick as they should have.

What does Phuket immigration say about it.

Just now, tirekicker said:

As mentioned I've applied for an "O" visa based on marriage as I have done for the last eight years and which was previously approved in less than a month. My situation has not changed and all the paperwork was in order otherwise it would have been rejected at the first stage prior to send to Hat Yai.

Just a bit concerned about the long wait unlike previous years.

Are you able to scan and post a picture  one of these "O" visas you get from Phuket immigration ? 

16 minutes ago, perthperson said:

Are you able to scan and post a picture  one of these "O" visas you get from Phuket immigration ? 

Oh come on you know that he means an extension stay not a non-o visa.

22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That does seem a bit long.

Perhaps division 6 in Hat Yai is busy or Phuket immigration did not send it as quick as they should have.

What does Phuket immigration say about it.

On enquiring at Immigration they ask what extension date was given by the Officer then tell me to report to them on that day.  Interesting that the same Officer that processed my visa extended my 90 day reporting date to August 8th. 

To save a wasted journey they now give a phone number to ring to ask if the visa has arrived but the phone number is not always in use. Last week I drove there and asked in person and was told "not yet" and told to come on the date stamped in my passport.

Edited by tirekicker

1 minute ago, tirekicker said:

On enquiring at Immigration they ask what extension date was given by the Officer then tell me to report to them on that day.

You must of applied for your extension early and they started the report back date from the date your current extension ended. They may of not sent the paperwork to Hat Yai until your extension ended.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You must of applied for your extension early and they started the report back date from the date your current extension ended. They may of not sent the paperwork to Hat Yai until your extension ended.

Correct I did start my application 6 weeks before the due date......thanks.

As mentioned I've applied for an "O" visa based on marriage as I have done for the last eight years and which was previously approved in less than a month. My situation has not changed and all the paperwork was in order otherwise it would have been rejected at the first stage prior to send to Hat Yai.

Just a bit concerned about the long wait unlike previous years.

You are describing an extension of stay based on marriage, visas are not available within Thailand.

But i know what you mean.

I also go to Phuket and my approval never took place within a month. The past 3 years it always took between about 5 and 7 weeks.

No need to worry, if they want you out they will tell you.

Edit: didnt notice there was a page #3 so others already reacted with similar info.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

You are describing an extension of stay based on marriage, visas are not available within Thailand.

But i know what you mean.

I also go to Phuket and my approval never took place within a month. The past 3 years it always took between about 5 and 7 weeks.

No need to worry, if they want you out they will tell you.

Edit: didnt notice there was a page #3 so others already reacted with similar info.

Thanks for your input Bob12345.

I mistakenly used the word "visa" but the more knowledgeable & helpful Members of the site knew what I meant. I'll be sure not to use it again !

Thank- you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Joe, thank you for your previous advise,

I am on non immigration 0 , multiple entries, arrived in July the 90 days expired in October, the 400K that required to be in my thai bank account in order for 12 month extension will be there by September , only a month before my 90 days expired

what should I do in this case? should I leave and back to be able to fulfil the extension condition which the money must be in my account for 2 months, what the best option I have? 

many thanks for your kind assistance

Evan

12 hours ago, EVAN said:

what should I do in this case? should I leave and back to be able to fulfil the extension condition which the money must be in my account for 2 months, what the best option I have? 

If your non-o visa is still valid you could leave an re-enter to get a new 90 day entry to additional days needed to have the money in the bank for 2 months.

You could also get a 60 day extension to visit your wife and then do the one year extension. The problem with doing it this way is if you needed additional time later you would not be able to it again without leaving and re-entering to get a new visa entry since only one is is allowed per entry.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:55 AM, EVAN said:

Dear Joe,

my multi entry visa expired on 16/12/2017, when the best time to go to Bangkok immigration office and apply for the 12 month extension ?

what I need to take with me ? is my saving account book enough or I have to have a letter state it the $400K? any other forms to fill?

many thanks for your help

9 hours ago, EVAN said:

my multi entry visa expired on 16/12/2017, when the best time to go to Bangkok immigration office and apply for the 12 month extension ?

what I need to take with me ? is my saving account book enough or I have to have a letter state it the $400K? any other forms to fill?

You will be extending your 90 day entry from the visa not the visa. You can apply for the extension during the last 45 days of any of the 90 entries from your visa there is no need to wait for your visa to expire.

The 400k baht will need to be in a Thai bank for 2 months in your name only on the date you apply for the extension. Bangkok immigration wants the letter from the bank confirming your a account the amount in it and copies your updated bank book on the date your apply. All the major banks have branches on the ground floor of Chaeng Wattana immigration where you can get letter and bank book update done.

Your wife will have to be with you on the date you apply. My general list of required documents is here. Marriage Extension Requirements.pdf

Bangkok will not want witnesses that I mention on the list. Note that I wrote that they will only want one TM7 form.

7 minutes ago, EVAN said:

many thanks Joe to help all time and prompt reply,

when I get the visa can I travel back to Melbourne ( Australia) in case of having any emergency? is that will impact the visa condition ?

thanks again

Evan

Which visa are you writing about? If you wanted to travel during the last 90 day entry from your visa you would need to get a re-entry permit to keep it valid.

After you get the one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) you will need a re-entry permit to keep it valid if you want to travel. A single re-entry permit costs 1000 baht and a multiple 3800 baht.

sorry I mean after 12 month extension, if I go back is that will be ok? is the re entry permit for the extension? should apply for the re entry permit from the thai consulate in Melbourne or from the immigration office in Bangkok?

** I have old photos for my mirages celebration ( old fashion photos in 1998)! is that enough for TM7 form? 

many thanks

evan

13 hours ago, EVAN said:

sorry I mean after 12 month extension, if I go back is that will be ok? is the re entry permit for the extension? should apply for the re entry permit from the thai consulate in Melbourne or from the immigration office in Bangkok?

** I have old photos for my mirages celebration ( old fashion photos in 1998)! is that enough for TM7 form? 

The re-entry permit has to be applied for at a immigration office or they can be obtained at either airport in Bangkok on departure from the country.

You do not need photos of your marriage ceremony. You need recent photos of you and your wife together in and around the house and one outside showing you and her together with the house number showing in the picture.

• 1 month later...

Dear Joe,

I got all the evidence and money in my bank account, I planned to go to Bangkok immigration on the 26/11 for the 12 extension, for unfortunate reason I need to go back to Melbourne for 2 days only and back on the 20/11,  is any impact on the extension? can I still going on the 26/11 for 12 months extension? please advise

many thanks

evan

5 minutes ago, EVAN said:

I got all the evidence and money in my bank account, I planned to go to Bangkok immigration on the 26/11 for the 12 extension, for unfortunate reason I need to go back to Melbourne for 2 days only and back on the 20/11,  is any impact on the extension? can I still going on the 26/11 for 12 months extension? please advise

No problem to a apply for the extension on the 26th. There is no minimum number of days to do it. 

I assume you have or plan on getting a re-entry permit.

4 hours ago, EVAN said:

Dear Joe,

many thanks

evan

If you do not get a re-entry permit, on return to Thailand you will get a fresh 90-day entry. You would then not be able to apply for an extension until about the last 30-45 days of that entry. If you really want to apply 26 November, you will need a re-entry permit when leaving. Make sure you put the re-entry permit number on the TM6 (entry) form, and check, before leaving airport immigration, you have been admitted only until the Admitted until date of your previous entry (not admitted for 90 days).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EVAN said:

hi,

how long it takes to have an answer for my 12 month extension when I apply next week? get the extension at the same day?

many thanks

After the application is accepted you will get a under consideration stamp with a report back date on it 30 day from that day. You will get your one year extension stamp on that date unless you check earlier and it has been approved when you do it.

thanks, how early can I check? I plan to go on the 24/11, because on the 24/11 my money will be at my bank account  60 days, I plan to apply for multi re permit entry as well that I can go back to Melbourne for urgent matter

many thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

today I completed my first journey to Immigration Division 1 - Bangkok, arrived there at 7.30 am, got my ticket , was No. 368! got all  documents and copies required but we manage to complete the process of the extension before lunch time, got stamp in my passport " Application of stay is under consideration , contact again in person on 29/12/2017" my initial 90 days valid until 20/12, is that means my visa extended until the review date which is 29/12? thank you for your advise as I can not go this far without your information and suggestions , many thanks

Evan