Hd-dvd Security Cracked

Richard-BKK

A hacker released a small software package which he calls the PC utility BackupHDDVD.

With this software it is possible to copy the HD information to a hard drive and can play it back later using an HD-DVD or multimedia player software.

Some Microsoft critics say that “It was to expect that the security of HD-DVD will fail as it is developed by Microsoft”.

Source and complete story: http://farang.pai-nai.com/article.php/Blu-...efinition-Media

Of course will Blu-Ray be cracked someday. But everytime Microsoft says it is uncrackable it is the first to fall.

I bet my money on the Blu-Ray standard, and not only because of the Blu-Ray drive in the Playstation 3. Blu-Ray can hold more data, and looks from a technical stand more like a standard where people think about before starting to sell them.

The HD-DVD standard looks more like a DVD player with a blue-laser, not much new technology.

Wake me when they are for sale in Pantip for 100 baht..

for the first time in ages I am not an early adopter.. Got stung so many times trying to import non copy DVD's that I am not buying any more media that way.

Can get the xbox 360 HDDVD drive cheaply enough..

Blu Ray drives are running from $5-1100 while the Xbox add-on can be had for $200. HD disks are now being made to hold 85% of the data of the Blu Ray too. I think that the PS3 debacle has really hurt Blu Ray's chances here, and within a year a hybrid drive will make the format wars redundant.

Plus with this being a Sony product, I'm just not going to support any company that trys to install rootkits on their customers' computers.

Philips Electronics. “As a co-founder of the Blu-ray Disc Association and co-inventor of the format, we feel it is important to provide users with a full optical storage solution. Not only are we launching the TripleWriter device, but a full line of Blu-ray media to provide users with a robust PC Blu-ray package.

Philips is in the world number one producer of DVD recoders, number 3 in Consumer Electronics (audio/video). Together with Sony Philips sold more DVD players and DVD player eqeupment then the whole top 10 of Consumer Electronic manufacturers.

It is all DVD players are to some level based on Philips chips, lasers or technology in general. For many manufacturers in the HD-DVD team it is the first time they going to manufacture something for themself.

A hacker released a small software package which he calls the PC utility BackupHDDVD.

With this software it is possible to copy the HD information to a hard drive and can play it back later using an HD-DVD or multimedia player software.

Some Microsoft critics say that “It was to expect that the security of HD-DVD will fail as it is developed by Microsoft”.

Source and complete story: http://farang.pai-nai.com/article.php/Blu-...efinition-Media

As someone said recently: Working copy protection on digital content would violate the laws of physics.

Which is why there is always a crack out sooner or later.

As much as MS sucks - for example the scary content protection schemes built into Vista - this isn't their fault. As for Vista content protection schemes, even the richest company in the world and the largest army of programmers can't do the impossible so it's bound to fail. The only question is how many bugs the scheme introduces along the way...

I guess it'll take a long time before you go down to your local DVD shop to rent

a "Blue Ray" movie.

Here in Thailand, vcd is still the preferred format over DVD, even though DVD has

been on the market for years.

For backup purposes it would be nice to have though.

I think the true revolution lies in the mpeg 4 format (Xvid/DivX).

Ask any movie downloader buff why :o

Edited by friend2