Unlimited 4G at full speed in Thailand?

alexlm

Hey,

Is there an offer to get unlimited 4G at full speed in Thailand?

In France, I get unlimited 4G for 15,99 EUR a month with "Free Mobile" carrier.

In Thailand, when I buy a Truemove sim card and buy a 1,5 GB package for around 5 EUR (around 230 bahts), the 1,5 GB are gone in a few hours and then the internet speed is so reduced that it's unusable....

Any good offers/promotions/packages around available? And with which carrier?

Thank you,

Alex

I think the cheapest, totally unlimited, unthrottled pre-paid internet packages are upwards of 800 baht/month regardless of who the carrier is. Also, once you sign up and despite the package having a seamless rollover (as long as your account is topped up), check for special offers regularly as it's a very competitive industry and sometimes you get a 15-day or 30-day high-speed/unlimited service for as little as 200 baht and once you sign up for it, you can maintain it although the original 'special' is no longer available.

The key is keeping you account topped up so whatever you have doesn't get canceled.

Edited by NanLaew

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, wpcoe said:

AIS_unlimited_4G.gif.2dd69fc9bcc555104eceae6040702010.gif

This is not unlimited. Read the small print about fair use policy.

True is the same. Advertise unlimited 3/4G but once you've reached a limit, it drops to a snails pace and impossible to steam anything. 

On 8/11/2017 at 0:12 PM, NewlyMintedThai said:

Both AIS and True currently have unlimited 4G promotions for the first 12 months on new post-paid numbers. Note that True throttles things like torrent downloads while AIS, I believe, does not. Not sure about DTAC.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I've had AIS for 3 years post paid.  Current package is 50 gigs 600 minutes talk time, 1200 bhat.  I've only run out a couple of times just top up 7gigs for 99 bhat.  been excellent customer service too.

1 hour ago, LammyTS1 said:

True is the same. Advertise unlimited 3/4G but once you've reached a limit, it drops to a snails pace and impossible to steam anything. 

What part of "unlimited full speed 4G" do you not understand? Your 3G data has a limit and gets capped, 4G dosnt. Makes sense as 3G capacity has been reduced to refarm the spectrum for 4G so they only want people using 3G for phone calls

Edited by Jdiddy

2 hours ago, LammyTS1 said:

As @Jdiddy said, it is only limited/shaped for 3G usage.  4G data usage has no cap/maximum.  Read the small print about fair use policy.

13 hours ago, LammyTS1 said:

I'm a very heavy user of phone internet and I rarely go over 6 GB a month.   How anyone goes over 30 GB is beyond me.   You'd have to be out streaming movies all day.

Even when I forget to switch from mobile internet to my wifi at home it doesn't make me go over the 6 GB limit.

Edited by seancbk

2 hours ago, seancbk said:

How anyone goes over 30 GB is beyond me.   You'd have to be out streaming movies all day.

Watching Netfilix HD at 3GB/hour you would burn 30GB in 10 hours.
SD at 1.33GB/hour, burn 30GB in 23 hours.

So yes it's beyond me how anyone could go over 30GB in a day streaming movies :D

6 hours ago, seancbk said:

I'm a very heavy user of phone internet and I rarely go over 6 GB a month.

If you are a youtube content creator and upload just a 20 minute 1080p60 or 4k60 video everyday after filming it on your phone thats 60-200GB/month