Non-o marriage 3 months visa (up-to-date info)

Vientanie embassy, June 2017.

Required documents:

- filled form

- copy of passport (photo page, Laos visa, last Thai visa), every page must be signed by you

- copy of marriage certificate

- two coppiest of Kor Ror 2, from Amphur where you got married

- copy of wifes ID (both sides), signed by wife

- copies of wifes tabian baan (page with adress, page with her name), signed by wife

- no financial proof (some people were lately mentioning, that it's required)

Also no matter what kind of visa, your Thai adress.

image.jpg.17e4bdef65d83209b76d4ad4023cd1e4.jpg

• Like 1

thank you very much for the update on the visa procedures and requirements.

Greatly appreciate your time in doing so.

I've been processing my non O visa in penang with child dependent, 

but each time they ask why I don't just proceed with retirement visa instead?

I have to explain each time, that I don't qualify with the financials needed to do so.

So I'm figuring it's only a matter of time before they deny me the 90 day non O under child dependent.

I hope not, as it's my only option at this point...

• Like 1

"No financial proof"

That's new. I had to show 400k back in March at the London consulate.

I didn't have a Thai marriage cert. but obviously my UK one was fine.

What passport do you hold?

Does this mean Penang is easier than London.

Will immigration ask to see financial proof?

Goal posts keep moving....

"Unusual notice as many Thai addresses only consist of the house number and village (Moo) number.

Only the larger streets (Sois) are named."

'Moo' refers to a group of streets/sois.  The house numbers are not duplicated on any of the streets in each Moo.

Very much like a rural route in the US.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nss70 said:

"No financial proof"

That's new. I had to show 400k back in March at the London consulate.

I didn't have a Thai marriage cert. but obviously my UK one was fine.

What passport do you hold?

Does this mean Penang is easier than London.

Will immigration ask to see financial proof?

Goal posts keep moving....

Diffrent embassies diffrent criteria. Will immigration want to see financial proof for what?

Edited by jeab1980

7 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Thanks good report.

Updated Kor ror 2 can be got at any amphoe not just the amphoe you married in. As for address havent got a street name just a number and mu number.

MU as you call it, must be MOO??? and that IS the street address.  

Glegolo

57 minutes ago, glegolo said:

MU as you call it, must be MOO??? and that IS the street address.  

Glegolo

Mu as its spelt in my yellow book. Its not street name as it covers the whole village all on diffrent roads

Edited by jeab1980

34 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Mu as its spelt in my yellow book. Its not street name as it covers the whole village all on diffrent roads

Yes it is like you say it covers a bit, but in my area where I live there is only one street and that one is called Moo 8.......

My tabien Baan is in thai,,, not latin, english, or swedish, so any MU cannot be seen in my house-book anyhow.... And on top of that how thai people write latin letters, is not especially first class is it?? So for me, I stick with Moo and feel comfortable with that. I have seen the spelling of khrap like khrub, so it is not easy to identify it correctly...

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo

2 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Yes it is like you say it covers a bit, but in my area where I live there is only one street and that one is called Moo 8.......

My tabien Baan is in thai,,, not latin, english, or swedish, so any MU cannot be seen in my house-book anyhow.... And on top of that how thai people write latin letters, is not especially first class is it?? So for me, I stick with Moo and feel comfortable with that. I have seen the spelling of khrap like khrub, so it is not easy to identify it correctly...

Glegolo

Agreed always put MU all letter parcells from all over the world get to me ok. 

3 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Agreed always put MU all letter parcells from all over the world get to me ok. 

Yeah same for me, I put house-number, Moo 8 and so on, and all mail comes to me without any hick ups.... So guess we cant get any further....

But I can see where this Mu comes from. Go to a dictionary and besides the thai text they also write it foneticly and there they spell it with Mu.....  But I do not say mine is correct and you are wrong, just an observation my friend.

Glegolo

6 hours ago, TerryLH said:

'Moo' refers to a group of streets/sois.  The house numbers are not duplicated on any of the streets in each Moo.

Very much like a rural route in the US.

Moo means village followed by the number. (Technically we may refer to a village as a group of streets)

Some villages have Sois, some do not.

For a village with no Sois a typical address would just be 12 Moo 16  (House number 12 in Village 16.)

For a village with Sois a typical address would just be 12 Soi 10 Moo 16. (House number 12, street number 10, in Village 16)

Unless a village has numbered or named Sois, the Thais do not refer to them as anything but a house number in a village number.

Villages also have names, for example Pharichat Village.

Spoken this would be Muban Parichat Village, although village names are rarely used on addresses.

I've had enough Thai documents translated by certified translators into English to know.

2 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

In your Yellow book หมู่ที่ is actually translated as Mu at. 

House number xx village at xx.

The Thais understand Moo though when written in English, same as how it sounds.

It's a strange language where spellings are often ignored over knowing what it means.

Edited by Tanoshi

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think Moo or Mu is short for Muban ( หมู่บ้าน ) that is the correct word for village.

A bit of topic, this is loosely correct, although Moo (Mu) is also used in Cities etc. my understanding is it is a collection of buildings or villages in an area, so a smaller area within the sub-district.

So, if you are in a village, then the first number is the village number, i.e. 1/60 Moo 9 would be house number 60 in village number 1 within the Moo area 9.

After that it is the sub-district (Tambon), then district (Amphur) and province. Postal Code areas are huge and I assume they just designate which post office is the final one that delivers.

Could be wrong mind!!

25 minutes ago, Mattd said:

So, if you are in a village, then the first number is the village number, i.e. 1/60 Moo 9 would be house number 60 in village number 1 within the Moo area 9.

Nearly Matt.

When areas of land are developed, they are given plot numbers.

As each house is built and registered they are given a house number and generally do not follow any geographical or logical sequence.

In your example 1/60 Moo 9 would be Plot 1, or house number 60, Village number 9.

Bangkok (Local government) has a different addressing system, to those of rural areas (Provincial government).

Edited by Tanoshi

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

As each house is built and registered they are given a house number and generally do not follow any geographical or logical sequence.

In your example 1/60 Moo 9 would be Plot 1, or house number 60, Village number 9.

That is not correct.

The first digit is village number. The 2nd is house number.

There are no plots. There are property boundaries and more than one house can be on a property. There are many cases where a family owns the land and there are several family members with houses on on that land.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think Moo or Mu is short for Muban ( หมู่บ้าน ) that is the correct word for village.

It's a difference between the written and. spoken language.

Locals will often verbally use the name of the village (not the number), as in Muban Pratchirit.

For written address purposes, the number of the village is used, as in Moo 9, which can be written as Moo, Mu, or just M.

Moo is more of a transliteration, than an abbreviation.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not correct.

There are no plots. There are property boundaries and more than one house can be on a property. There are many cases where a family owns the land and there are several family members with houses on on that land.

7/22 Moo 5
Soi Ta-ied (Soi Chaofa 50), Chaofa West Road
Chalong
Phuket 83130
Thailand

This corresponds to house 22 on plot 7, Mu 5,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_addressing_system

In rural areas the first digit or digits correspond to the house or plot number, the village number follows the word Moo.

29 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Interesting, as all of the houses in my estate begin with 1, all 80 odd of them? 

Anyway it is getting way too off topic now!

Local or Provincial government address.

If a developer purchased a plot of land, but then erected 80 houses, then all the houses would be on plot 1, but have numbers issued on registration of the house, so 1/1 through to 1/80 would be normal.

The logic behind the Thai addressing system isn't easy to follow.

Edited by Tanoshi

42 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:
7/22 Moo 5
Soi Ta-ied (Soi Chaofa 50), Chaofa West Road
Chalong
Phuket 83130
Thailand

This corresponds to house 22 on plot 7, Mu 5,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_addressing_system

In rural areas the first digit or digits correspond to the house or plot number, the village number follows the word Moo.

I think that is a case of wiki not being totally correct.

I can say that from personal experience.

The rental house we are staying has this for the number 446/139. Every house in the village has the number 466 which is the village. There is no moo in my address. The electric and water bills only have 466/139 with no other numbers shown.

The house we have in a rural village has the number 6/4 with no moo number. The original house on my wife's lots has a 6/125 that was shown in her mother's house book (now her sisters). It is village number 6 in the Tambon.

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think that is a case of wiki not being totally correct.

I can say that from personal experience.

The rental house we are staying has this for the number 446/139. Every house in the village has the number 466 which is the village. There is no moo in my address. The electric and water bills only have 466/139 with no other numbers shown.

The house we have in a rural village has the number 6/4 with no moo number. The original house on my wife's lots has a 6/125 that was shown in her mother's house book (now her sisters). It is village number 6 in the Tambon.

I don't dispute you Joe.

As I stated earlier there is no logic or uniformity to Thai addressing systems.

It greatly depends on the Provincial administration level and system they choose.

The examples I illustrated are the most common (outside of Bangkok), but not exclusive.

My wife's business address (just around the corner) is completely different to that of our home address.

That was a single plot of land purchased privately then separate units were built on that plot.

In her case they are addressed as 1/1, 1/2, 1/3 etc. followed by the road name (thanon).

I do agree this thread has gone wildly off topic, maybe time to close it.

On 6/22/2017 at 10:40 AM, Tanoshi said:

Unusual notice as many Thai addresses only consist of the house number and village (Moo) number.

Only the larger streets (Sois) are named.

I live in a small Isan village and the addressing goes like this,

21 (house number) /6 (village soi number)

followed by the name of the village, tambon, amphur, province and postcode

only in local towns  and cities have I seen sois with names.

On 6/23/2017 at 9:25 AM, ubonjoe said:

That is not correct.

Yes. We have 3 properties on the same land, the original property is 8/1 Moo 7,  mine is 8/9 Moo 7 and my brother in laws is 8/10 Moo 7.