When Did You Forget God?

corkscrew

So your question was about hurt feelings? That our fellow readers are so sensitive (or so insecure) that we must say nothing that would make them wince?

But, getting back to my point, has anyone ever heard of a case where, with God's help, an amputee grew a new limb?

it was indeed about the feelings of fellow readers. religion is a sensitive matter and postings like yours might even be taken as an insult. if you are not aware of that fact you just prove that you lack experience in life.

your question about amputees growing new limbs with God's help is silly and has no logical basis. as silly as the hypothetical question "has anyone ever heard of a case where an agnostic or atheist amputee grew a new limb?"

Yes, just as silly as God ever allowing the blind faithful to see or the faithful halt to walk. Yes, none of those 'miracles' ever took place. I agree. Because there is no God to do it. All those silly 'miracles' of folklore are just that.

Aside from yourself how many readers were crushed and hurt by this conversation? Only those with doubts?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this whole thread and its debate is as uselless discussion as , say, arguing - is there a Sun. alright, sun can be immidietly perceived by one's senses. then something can be used in this comparison which can't be directly perceived - there are plenty of such things, like x-rays, or molecules, atoms, or microwaves or fantoms or whatever latest discovered by science smallest particles: the matter of belief !

and there are a lot of thing as concepts or ideas, laws, which are not even material (as made of any material elements, possible to perceive by senses or hi-tech gadgets). like, a lot of people are made to believe that Saddam has been executed or that Osama bin Laden is still alive and kicking US's butt or that there is a real democracy in this world....

the list can go on and on and on.

so, I am not trying neither arfuge for or against the point of God existence. I merely stress that such argument is silly in itself as much as arguign about all sorts of those other believes ! because beleif is belief - some sort of thinking about something being a true fact with very relative level of confidence!

so, I think it is not even worth participating in..... :o

and therefore I tend to agree with someone who's suggested here that it is a mere Trolling :D

well my friend,

that is the best reply i have heard on this whole thread because it is absolutely pointless to comment on the OP'S question.

us posters should be smart enough to know that to debate this question is useless as its a matter of, every person can believe in what they want and theres no right and wrong answer.

i salute you for having enough brains to put us all strait. :D

i challenge all posters to boycott this thread and move on to something worth debating.

cheers :D

The blind shall lead the blind.

I think this whole thread and its debate is as uselless discussion as , say, arguing - is there a Sun. alright, sun can be immidietly perceived by one's senses. then something can be used in this comparison which can't be directly perceived - there are plenty of such things, like x-rays, or molecules, atoms, or microwaves or fantoms or whatever latest discovered by science smallest particles: the matter of belief !

and there are a lot of thing as concepts or ideas, laws, which are not even material (as made of any material elements, possible to perceive by senses or hi-tech gadgets). like, a lot of people are made to believe that Saddam has been executed or that Osama bin Laden is still alive and kicking US's butt or that there is a real democracy in this world....

so, I am not trying neither arfuge for or against the point of God existence. I merely stress that such argument is silly in itself as much as arguign about all sorts of those other believes ! because beleif is belief - some sort of thinking about something being a true fact with very relative level of confidence!

and therefore I tend to agree with someone who's suggested here that it is a mere Trolling :D

well my friend,

that is the best reply i have heard on this whole thread because it is absolutely pointless to comment on the OP'S question.

us posters should be smart enough to know that to debate this question is useless as its a matter of, every person can believe in what they want and theres no right and wrong answer.

i challenge all posters to boycott this thread and move on to something worth debating.

The blind shall lead the blind.

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Well since you claim to have never seen God, then I guess for you it might be like 1.0 all over again.

Without God of course there is pain. God promises to wipe away every tear. I believe in God and I believe what he says he will do. Think of it like this....

A 6-year-old child is told not to cycle his bike without his father holding on to help. The kid thinks he can do it on his own and falls off. He ends up with grazed knees and a bruised ego. His Dad feels the kids pain, and runs over to pick up his son and give him a hug. Some kids will choose to be angry at the father and refuse the support. How can the father wipe away your tears if you don't let him.

Maybe your life is full of contentment and purpose without God. Mine wasn't. We both have the freedom. This works for me, that works for you.

And, the father tosses his kid into a furnace because the child gets angry?

No, not even close. But it feels like you're not really trying. Give it another go.

Do you have a citation for the God quote?

The Bible, Romans 1:20-22. Actually the whole book of Romans is a good read, but I thought that one suited your scholarly friend pretty well.

Great fiction....always on the NY Times list. (But it has to be the Baptist version)

The Bible, Romans 1:20-22. Actually the whole book of Romans is a good read, but I thought that one suited your scholarly friend pretty well.

Great fiction....always on the NY Times list. (But it has to be the Baptist version)

Why does it have to be the Baptist version. Actually I paraphrased it and dumbed it down to a level where I thought you might be able to understand the meaning. But if you find any bible and read that chapter you should be able to see where it's going.

I'm not sure you understand the meaning of the word fiction... basically it means that it's not true... but ... see... the Bible is actually non-fiction. And it's on the best seller list all the time because it's a good read. That and the fact that there are around 2 billion Christians on the planet at any given time, and most of them enjoy at least owning one.

Why does it have to be the Baptist version. Actually I paraphrased it and dumbed it down to a level where I thought you might be able to understand the meaning. But if you find any bible and read that chapter you should be able to see where it's going.

I'm not sure you understand the meaning of the word fiction... basically it means that it's not true... but ... see... the Bible is actually non-fiction. And it's on the best seller list all the time because it's a good read. That and the fact that there are around 2 billion Christians on the planet at any given time, and most of them enjoy at least owning one.

You sounded like a Baptist. Sorry if I insulted you.

Nobody can prove nothing. You can't prove God exists, or that God doesn't exist.

You either believe it, or you don't. And some atheists are devout believers in the non-existence of God. In other words, that's their 'religion.'

corkscrew, I'm sorry that religion didn't work for you. It works for some of us.

well my friend,

The religious right always wants to boycott thought that counters their dogma. What do they want to debate: did Jesus make more fish or more wine for the wedding guests?

Nobody can prove nothing. You can't prove God exists, or that God doesn't exist.

You either believe it, or you don't. And some atheists are devout believers in the non-existence of God. In other words, that's their 'religion.'

corkscrew, I'm sorry that religion didn't work for you. It works for some of us.

PeaceBlondie, I can not prove that a toaster is not flying in a circle around the planet Saturn...and I can not prove that McDonalds does not have a restaurant on the far side of Mars...but, I do not believe that either exists. In the same vein I can not prove that God does not exist. But do I believe he exists? No.

Nobody can prove nothing.

You got that exactly right. There is nothing, which is why it can not be proved. That’s the Atheist point exactly.

I don't believe that my cat is a space creature, even if someone produces a book claiming just that. That does not mean that it is my religion.

If everyone was made to respect my belief in my cat as a space creature I am sure people would not feel comfortable with it. Some people would openly object and feel frustrated about the situation.

That’s how I feel about all religion.

It is not for you to prove that god does not exist. It is for others to prove that god does exist. As you say, in the same way you can not prove that there is not a toaster orbiting Saturn. If it comes to that then the possibilities are only limited by our imagination. i.e. I believe that I can fly. I am not going to do anything to prove to you that I can, but at the same time you can not disprove it. You must respect what I say. Do not say anything to hurt me feelings.