Samsen Witthayalai director removed over tea money scandal

rooster59

Samsen Witthayalai director removed over tea money scandal

2306004.jpg

Samsen Witthayalai school director Virote Samruan was today ordered transferred to the Basic Education Office’s Zone One pending an investigation into an allegation that he demanded 400,000 baht in tea money from the parents of a student in return for a seat in the school.

The transfer order was issued by director of Basic Education Office’s Zone One in Bangkok as recommended by Mr Karoon Sakulpradit, secretary-general of Basic Educatioin Committee following a consultation with Education Minister Thirakiat Charoensethasilp.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/samsen-witthayalai-director-removed-tea-money-scandal/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-06-24

"Samsen Witthayalai school director Virote Samruan was today ordered transferred to the Basic Education Office’s Zone One..."

Another official forced to take a paid vacation. 

Edited by jaltsc

15 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

He's been removed from his position and moved to the mail office.  That's punishment.  Not much, but at least a token punishment. 

It will only be temporary anyway.  He will be posted to a new lucrative position once this blows over and the media lose interest.

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

He's not being punished for taking a bribe.  He's being punished for getting caught doing it. 

More likely he was under-reporting his ill-gotten booty to his superiors/cohorts, and not sharing as much as his "contract" stipulated. When they found out how much he was making they had him relocated. He'll pop up somewhere else in a year.

1 hour ago, Smarter Than You said:

iPhone cameras and social media is what is going to bring an end to both large and small scale corruption in Thailand - and there is nothing the Generals/Yellows can do to prevent it.

Yeah, because pt/UDD/which ever other faction you care to mention are above such corruption...

Edited by Bluespunk

3 minutes ago, Smarter Than You said:

Give it a year or two and there'll be posts from the usual brigade blaming Thaksin for this little bit of ingrained systemic corruption.

Where exactly in the story does it outline this corrupt officials political leanings?

I missed that part of the story. 

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Yeah, because pt/UDD/which ever other faction you care to mention are above such corruption...

Take off the blinkers.

It doesn't matter which side of the divide one falls on - anyone partaking in corruption now runs the risks of irrefutable proof in the form of photos or videos showing up on social media.

It's a good thing.

9 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Where exactly in the story does it outline this corrupt officials political leanings?

I missed that part of the story. 

It's the part of the story whereby in order to prop up their anti-democracy sentiments without admitting to being anti-democratic, anti-democrats roll out fantastical lies and exaggerations usually along the lines of "Thaksin is the devil".

35 minutes ago, Smarter Than You said:

Take off the blinkers.

It doesn't matter which side of the divide one falls on - anyone partaking in corruption now runs the risks of irrefutable proof in the form of photos or videos showing up on social media.

It's a good thing.

So why mention one side in your post?

32 minutes ago, Smarter Than You said:

It's the part of the story whereby in order to prop up their anti-democracy sentiments without admitting to being anti-democratic, anti-democrats roll out fantastical lies and exaggerations usually along the lines of "Thaksin is the devil".

Didn't see that in the story either. 

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

Nothing to do with this story of a corrupt school official. 

Nothing at all. 

Well, I do believe that conversations were recorded which would be the reason why I made the comment about iPhones ... seems related to me, so yeah - something at all.

6 minutes ago, Smarter Than You said:

Well, I do believe that conversations were recorded which would be the reason why I made the comment about iPhones ... seems related to me, so yeah - something at all.

No. 

The guy was corrupt because he was corrupt. 

His political leanings have nothing to do with it. 

So, unless you have concrete proof his political views are the reason for his greed, I'm done with this. 

27 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No. 

The guy was corrupt because he was corrupt. 

His political leanings have nothing to do with it. 

So, unless you have concrete proof his political views are the reason for his greed, I'm done with this. 

Nobody said his political leanings had anything to do with it.

You might need to spend a bit of time on improving your comprehension skills.

Had this guy been running this extortion racket 20 years ago he would have got away with it as it would simply have been one man's word against another's.

Today, however, we have iPhones and this guy got caught - so I made the comment that iPhones will put an end to both large and small scale corruption.

Knowing that those in power are partial to a bit of corruption, I also added that there is nothing that they can do to stop this new technology.

Then you come along all - Yeah, because pt/UDD/which ever other faction you care to mention are above such corruption...

Now, you've wandered off the beaten track a bit, but I figure what the heck, English may not be this guys first language, maybe he's lacking in comprehension skills or whatever so I'll humour him and carry on down this detour with him and perhaps I can enlighten the poor soul along the way.

So off I go, into the unknown with you, with the best of intentions, out to help my fellow man only to have it all come to a sudden and, may I say, impolite and abrupt conclusion - I'm done with this.

Edited by Smarter Than You

14 minutes ago, Smarter Than You said:

Nobody said his political leanings had anything to do with it.

You might need to spend a bit of time on improving your comprehension skills.

Had this guy been running this extortion racket 20 years ago he would have got away with it as it would simply have been one man's word against another's.

Today, however, we have iPhones and this guy got caught - so I made the comment that iPhones will put an end to both large and small scale corruption.

Knowing that those in power are partial to a bit of corruption, I also added that there is nothing that they can do to stop this new technology.

Then you come along all - Yeah, because pt/UDD/which ever other faction you care to mention are above such corruption...

Now, you've wandered off the beaten track a bit, but I figure what the heck, English may not be this guys first language, maybe he's lacking in comprehension skills or whatever so I'll humour him and carry on down this detour with him and perhaps I can enlighten the poor soul along the way.

So off I go, into the unknown with you, with the best of intentions, out to help my fellow man only to have it all come to a sudden and, may I say, impolite and abrupt conclusion - I'm done with this.

Hey on this I was impressed, you wrote really well keep it up, something decent to read for a change. Very well handled.

I almost feel sorry for the poor man. Someone has to take the hit so the gravy train riders higher up keep on rolling on.

Bad luck Virote Samruan, you are the fall guy. They will desert you like rats on a sinking ship.