Calling home from Thailand

JohnJay

On 6/24/2017 at 11:01 PM, gmac said:

Usually Skype to Skype for free but I stuck Stg10 in a Skype account for calling other numbers years ago and it still appears to be valid, the balance shows up every time I log in.  From memory calls are only about 1 baht per minute to UK or USA. 

I got my family Australia to install LINE on their mobiles, now I can message, phone or video for free can not do better than that, I also have LINE on my computer so I can do same from my computer to their phones

19 minutes ago, Searat7 said:

I use Magic Jack to call USA (or be called). Have USA phone number...I think I paid $100 for 5 years.

http://www.magicjack.com/   To make unlimitted calls to the US/Canada and friends can call you for free . Its $35 for the device that plugs into your computer or router with 1 year of free calls. Think it $29 or $35 per year but can get a pkg deal for 5 years for $99.Can also download the app to get and send free calls from your cell phone. I have spent hours talikng to friends and relatives back home in US and NO charge

26 minutes ago, Top man said:

I'm surprised no one said what's app, by been in Thailand and calling back to the UK the majority have that and line is virtually unknown. 

In fact, many have, including myself. WhatsApp works great, I don't really like Line with all this comic crap and as you said it's virtually unknown among people in the West.

12 hours ago, Emster23 said:

I use a Skype plan that gives me 120 minutes per month to call any phone in USA (I have some friends who can't or won't use Skype or any of those sorts of programs). I think it is in the area of $25 a year... The Facebook video you can use with other FB users is also pretty good quality, and avoids having friends that are too darn lazy to sign up to program like Skype connected.

I use majic jack $39.00 a year a no computer needed. Connect a phone to their box which their box connects direct to the router.  The have an app too.  I aso use whatsapp and Facebook for free. 

12 hours ago, Khun Robert said:

I normally take my phone, type in the number of my house telephone and push dail.

Only way that works for me to call home. On the other hand when I'm not at home

nobody will be answering the ringing phone.

dumb

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 0:19 AM, chickenslegs said:

Family in the UK have installed the LINE app on their phones. We video call them on LINE. It's a reasonably good reception (very slight delay sometimes) and completely free.

We use line to call between Thai and Aus