Marijuana to be Legal in Canada by 1 July 2018

Seems those Canucks can do something right  :stoner: that the rest of the world may follow. It is indeed much safer and if you use a vaporiser its even safer still. However it might lead to assaults on mass-bars and pizza's (hate what it can do to my diet so not a good drug for me i lose all self control food wise)

Didn't really see much about what visitors or tourists to Canada could do.  Will they be able to buy it legally, or will only Canadians be allowed to do so?  If only Canadians, I am sure there will be lots of dealing on the street as a Canuck sells to a casual American visiting, and the numbers could get large.

7 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Didn't really see much about what visitors or tourists to Canada could do.  Will they be able to buy it legally, or will only Canadians be allowed to do so?  If only Canadians, I am sure there will be lots of dealing on the street as a Canuck sells to a casual American visiting, and the numbers could get large.

In US weed is still cheaper in the street, and life is now easier for dealers because they can carry some without risking anything. Cops have to catch them on the spot when selling, which is almost impossible.

So people have choice, they can pay tax if they want or they can buy it cheaper in the street.

Anyway, USA or Canada, legal weed is always a lot more expensive than legal weed in Netherlands, and for vacation the destination is not only cheaper but also a lot more interesting.

Edited by bangkokairportlink
9 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Legal means legal. It will be different from the Uruguay model, which apparently is restricted to Uruguayan citizens.  The American states which have legalized have no restrictions on non-residents.

2 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

In US weed is still cheaper in the street

In the American states which have legalized already, prices have dropped almost 50%. Increased production. This is a huge business opportunity. Imagine getting in on the ground floor of the alcohol industry. There will be branding...

22 hours ago, bobbin said:

That news story is 3 months old...

Last I heard the legislation is due to be announced in early July. Soon now,  but...

I don't know if I can hold my breath that long!     :stoner:

Nope. The House will rise for summer recess and all legislation pending will die. It will need to be reintroduced in the fall sitting.

The legislation is running into some  unexpected obstacles now that they just realized that they have no way of verifying impairment of  weed smoking drivers.  Also, the public health  and medical associations are pointing out that there are serious consequences of putting smoke in the lungs or chemicals in the body that are not "natural" to humans.

• 2 weeks later...

Summers in BC, weed, wildlife, great beers, good seafood, festivals, sea kayaking... and winters in Portugal, weed, good seafood, great wine, good food, .... ahhh, the dream life of retirement...555

What does thailand have to offer to top this?  

It's all about priorities, life is short and time is against you.  Live life.

On 6/25/2017 at 5:57 PM, bangkokairportlink said:

In US weed is still cheaper in the street, and life is now easier for dealers because they can carry some without risking anything. Cops have to catch them on the spot when selling, which is almost impossible.

So people have choice, they can pay tax if they want or they can buy it cheaper in the street.

Anyway, USA or Canada, legal weed is always a lot more expensive than legal weed in Netherlands, and for vacation the destination is not only cheaper but also a lot more interesting.

Weed is not legal in The Netherlands ?? 

its just another Thai Visa Urban lie. 

On 6/26/2017 at 7:20 AM, bobbin said:

In the American states which have legalized already, prices have dropped almost 50%. Increased production. This is a huge business opportunity. Imagine getting in on the ground floor of the alcohol industry. There will be branding...

Your too late to get in. It already crashed. 

Screenshot_20170710-083643.png

Old news for sure. 

But still gives me something to look forward to on the next forced visits back home!

All provinces were given over a year to prepared their own sales and distribution laws. Similar to alcohol. Not just for citizens. Anyone over legal age can buy. Also 4 plants per household. 

You  should Google "large marijuana factory Edmonton"

Huge facility. Over 16 football fields can fit inside. They say worlds largest. 

Canada being in the front of the pack to stop the ridiculous laws about weed will help Canada a lot. Huge exports when the rest of the world finally wakes up and gets rid of they own brain washed Reagan era politicians. 

16 minutes ago, bandito said:

Canada drifting around on a cloud of marijuana smoke.

Brains not working right when driving or working with machinery.

Yes, a lot safer.

Fooling yourself. :crazy:

Ya should only be alcohol Hey? 

The aggressive. The addictions. The hangovers. The bad decisions. The lack of knowing what you're doing. or remembering what happened. Or what you did. 

Yes your right. People should be forced into one of those instead of relaxing. 

Idiot

On 6/25/2017 at 9:31 PM, gk10002000 said:

It said they must be 18 years old. Can people from the USA buy Alcohol in Canada? They will probably sell it at the same places as booze so I see no reason why a guy fro the USA can't buy it legally.

Bringing that back across the Border, may be a totally different story. Sure to be a Nightmare for US Customers there. Guess they are going to have to employ more Sniffer Dogs. 

On 6/26/2017 at 4:57 AM, bangkokairportlink said:

As I now live there, allow me to provide my perspective. Currently, I can order medical marijuana (I have a card) over the internet, and it's basically $12 CDN for 20% THC <1% CBD Sativa per gram. That's a bit less than $10 US. I can get decent but lower potency stuff for around $8-9 CDN/gm, or $6.70-$7.50 US/gm. On the street, you can get good stuff from dealers but for around $200-$250 CDN/oz, which is around $6-$7/gm US. It's not as good as the higher priced stuff from the medical marijuana, and is around the same as the lower potency medical marijuana. So it's very slightly cheaper.

Overall, quite happy to pay a slight premium to get stuff that's tested, quality controlled and delivered to me by the post in a nice plastic childproof container and which I can smoke legally even if I'm standing near a cop outside. With this and the reduction of the wait times for my wife to get her citizenship by one year from 4 to 3, I'm very pleased with Justin. Sorry to the old farts who get so grumpy to see other people happy, perhaps you might consider moving south where you can indulge in all the freedom fantasies you like.

• 2 weeks later...

The War on Drugs only benefited the crooks and corrupted a corrupt system even further, complete waste of time, money and lives.

People who want to get high/wasted/relaxed are going to do so one way or another. Pot is probably the lesser of evils compared with alcohol and undoubtedly a better alternative than legal pharmaceutical opiates.

What is interesting though is GM marijuana now coming out, trust those poison purveyors to find a way to make a plant that can cure ailments into one that will probably end up cancerous or some other hideous side effects.