New Year Traffic - Be Careful Please!

lookchin

New years Eve Party = do you really want to travel?

hope you all stay safe and avoid the roads!

Is it just me or is it that everytime I switch on the TV over the past few days there are accidents & flaming cars on the expressways? Understandable it is peak season and everyone is going home for New year. My gf is trying to convince me to go to her families for new years, her uncle insists on driving us both, unfortunately he drives like a maniac and I am nervous to say the least, last time i sat in the back of his 4x4 i needed new pants when i arrived at the familys countryside karaoke party! Possibly the bus seems a safer option? but I am not sure also! Maybe i should let my gf down gently and just say to her 'lets stay home' in Bangkok is a safer option? shes gonna be mad sure, but i would like to see the new year alive with clean pants!

Anyone with similar problems - ?!

Best regards!

Lookchin

New years Eve Party = do you really want to travel?

hope you all stay safe and avoid the roads!

Is it just me or is it that everytime I switch on the TV over the past few days there are accidents & flaming cars on the expressways? Understandable it is peak season and everyone is going home for New year. My gf is trying to convince me to go to her families for new years, her uncle insists on driving us both, unfortunately he drives like a maniac and I am nervous to say the least, last time i sat in the back of his 4x4 i needed new pants when i arrived at the familys countryside karaoke party! Possibly the bus seems a safer option? but I am not sure also! Maybe i should let my gf down gently and just say to her 'lets stay home' in Bangkok is a safer option? shes gonna be mad sure, but i would like to see the new year alive with clean pants!

I actually find this time of year in Bangkok to be very quiet. On my way home from wotk tonight I found what is usually a traffic clogged road to be very light indeed and it was like this last year as well. I suspect that it will get quieter between now and new years day as everyone get's out and goes back home up country or wherever and the safest place to be would actually be right here in Bangkok. I would suggest that you put your foot down and tell her that home is here with you in Bangkok... go on be a man and lay down the law for once.

Edited by Casanundra