Ride hailing taxi service is OK, but the cars must be properly registered

Jonathan Fairfield

On 6/27/2017 at 7:18 AM, waders123 said:

I hope Uber and Grab are able to get into the market and flourish!  

This may help the traditional taxis business move to a more legitimate business model.

I know, I know......pigs are flying somewhere in the world. 

I agree about that for sure, not Uber and Grab though, as there are lots of things need some serious reform. Corruption is rife. All these "app" things will make it worse in my view, money just goes elsewhere.

I've had buffalo wings, I wonder what pig wing will taste like?

:crazy:

31 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Thanks for the precious recommendations.....would you mind sharing how...how can you get hold of decent taxi chaps in Bangkok for instance?

Be patient, the taxis parked up are not worth bothering with. Get one on the move.

You might get one that is a Pratt, but usually the next is fine.

Really it isn't that difficult. My missus doesn't care as I pay, but she is learning as I refuse to entertain the greedy ba5tard5 anymore.

Another post explains how the phone call works too.

Most are radio controlled so it works fine if you need to move something large.

:thumbsup:

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

I use Taxis 3 times a year whenever going to the Airport.

Each and every time i complain to my GF.

IF i needed to take it more frequently i would have defiantly start using Uber or Grab.

Maybe a bit off topic, but the hardcore Uber users might know.

First.I can't see a fixed rate. I took so far only two rides with Uber, and the app quotes a price from -to, so not sure what the price is.

My first ride was very very pleasant, I orderd the cheap ride from Thonburi to MoChit, and they send an SUV the fare was an incredibly low 222 bath, and the driver paid the toll. Hell, I was surprised. And might that have been a promotional rate ,for first timer ??

My second ride was over 300 to Mochit as wel, from Sala Daeng, much shorter distance, small car ( as ordered,clean) but I had to pay the toll myself.

Now I wonder what is policy ? Was the thirst driver ignorant and lost money, or the second one a ripp-off?

Btw, I came today from Mo Chit to Thonburi with a regular Taxi was close to 450, he drove off where he thought was the destination told by a Thai. But I don't blame him, Thais can speak for 10 min, and still don't know where to go.

Edited by jethro69