Caps lock

Becker

Is there a way for me to change the use of the Caps Lock function on my PC without having to resort to scary stuff like editing the registry?

What I want to do is to change it so that it needs a double tap to work as my clumsy fingers often hit it accidentally.

Annoyingly I found several examples of people who had Caps Lock keys that needed a double press, unfortunately there was no indication of what setting caused it.

If you turn on sticky keys you will find that a double tap of the Shift key will lock it and a further tap will unlock it, nearly what you want. If you combine it with the Caps Lock disabler linked above you are near.

14 hours ago, Crossy said:

Annoyingly I found several examples of people who had Caps Lock keys that needed a double press, unfortunately there was no indication of what setting caused it.

If you turn on sticky keys you will find that a double tap of the Shift key will lock it and a further tap will unlock it, nearly what you want. If you combine it with the Caps Lock disabler linked above you are near.

That sounds like a lot of tinkering for such a simple modification:)

But will do so if nothing simple comes up. In fact, I guess I'll just disable CapsLock since I really can't think of a situation where I need to write more than a few words in caps, and then I can keep shift pressed.

in settings > ease of access > keyboard in win10 there is a toggle for a sound when CapsLock or NumLock are pressed so that you are alerted when you hit these keys accidentally...

pisses me off that on my new lenovo the space bar only registers half the time...had the same prob with my old ASUS, along with half the other keys and that's why I shitcanned it...

15 minutes ago, robblok said:

Buy a cetain razor keyboard (i got one) and you can switch the capslock off. You can remap all keys. Its not cheap but its good for business users as you get extra programmable keys.

I guess you mean Razer keyboard. Thanks for the tip. I play games too so could use a gaming keyboard anyway.

22 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

in settings > ease of access > keyboard in win10 there is a toggle for a sound when CapsLock or NumLock are pressed so that you are alerted when you hit these keys accidentally...

pisses me off that on my new lenovo the space bar only registers half the time...had the same prob with my old ASUS, along with half the other keys and that's why I shitcanned it...

I have the same problem with my ASUS laptop. The keyboard is not good on it and many keyboard hits don't register. I guess the 13 mm thickness has its price.

14 hours ago, Becker said:

I guess you mean Razer keyboard. Thanks for the tip. I play games too so could use a gaming keyboard anyway.

Hi sorry yes that is what I mean The razor Black Widow Chroma V2 is what i use. Its expensive but it has a row of programmable buttons that i need for accounting (makes life easier). But you can program every key and move it around you could put the A on place of the S and so on and so on. So you can also disable to cpasloc. You can have multiple profiles.. so you can just load a profile where capslock is gone and when you need it load an other profile.. or just enable it. 

I'm not sure if this feature is still available, but certain companies that market keyboards would have a utility to allow you to map customized keyboard functions.  Logitech had this (Microsoft as well, their keyboards and meeces were OEM'd from Logitech).

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2017 at 8:36 PM, tutsiwarrior said:

Also a visual warning along with sound, changes colour of screen, shows a closed or open padlock and gives a sound