DLT remove the plates of the "Taxi of Lust" - issues fine for masturbating driver

webfact

DLT remove the plates of the "Taxi of Lust" - issues fine for masturbating driver

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- Transports chiefs have thrown the book at a Bangkok cabbie and his taxi company after he was caught masturbating with a female THAI employee in the back seat.

Taxi ทว (thor wor) 4856 is no more - the vehicle that the Thai press dubbed the "Taxi of Lust" had its plates removed yesterday.

Driver Phisit (surname withheld) was fined a total of 3,000 baht on two charges. It was revealed he had been banned more than two  years ago.

He had picked up the woman from THAI's crew training center in Laksi, northern Bangkok, to go to her home in Viphawadee Soi 60.

On the way Phisit undid his fly then adjusted the rear view mirror so he could get a good look at his attractive passenger.

Then he started "tugging on the kite" as Thai's euphemistically refer to his lustful actions.

The passenger saw what was going on. When she got out she confronted him.

Phisit said: "I won't do it again". He then wai-ed in apology and drove off.

Department of Land Transport boss Sukree Jaruphoom said that Phisit's public vehicle license had already been removed in March 2015.

He was fined 2,000 baht for driving without a license and a further 1,000 for inappropriate behavior.

While the company that rented him the cab - Sahakorn Pathumwan Taxi Co Ltd was fined 2,500 baht - and the plates were removed from their cab.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-27

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

Easy to see why things like this happen and will continue to happen when the consequences for both the already banned driver and the company that continued to rent him the vehicle are laughably small.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The fines here are so out of date that they need at least another 0 adding to the penalties. 1000b now is peanuts considering what it was worth before the big baht crash a number of years back. $30 fine for public indecency is just a huge joke.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Transports chiefs have thrown the book at a Bangkok cabbie

Yeah, how about criminal charges by the police.

Or is masturbating while taxiing a passenger not a criminal offence? 

Transports chiefs have thrown the book at a Bangkok cabbie and his taxi company after he was caught masturbating with a female THAI employee in the back seat.

Sounded like it was his lucky day! Pity about the poor journalism. 

The first line, having words in the wrong place and no comma; would indicate to most readers that the driver and the female THAI  employee were both masturbating together on the backseat. Which of course would have made a nicer story.

The first line, having words in the wrong place and no comma; would indicate to most readers that the driver and the female THAI  employee were both masturbating together on the backseat. Which of course would have made a nicer story.

That's exactly what I thought when I was reading it !!
I thought maybe they were having a race to see who could arrive at their destination first.
sorry [emoji20]

Oh dear.....increase the fine...yeah...

Do you clowns have any idea what 3,000 baht is?....No I didn't think so.

To you it is a short/long time with a bar girl.

In Thai reality it is a substantial fine.  10 days at minimum wage...do the maths

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Department of Land Transport boss Sukree Jaruphoom said that Phisit's public vehicle license had already been removed in March 2015.

He was fined 2,000 baht for driving without a license and a further 1,000 for inappropriate behavior.

And he'll never do it again ... masturbate, or drive a taxi illegally? Yeah, right.

28 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

In Thai reality it is a substantial fine.  10 days at minimum wage...do the maths

You do the maths. It doesn't, and won't, work.

And what would you think is a suitable punishment, Confucius?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 hours ago, Araiwah said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The fines here are so out of date that they need at least another 0 adding to the penalties. 1000b now is peanuts considering what it was worth before the big baht crash a number of years back.

That has got me flummoxed .

As there are no exchange rates involved, what does it matter what the exchange rate is ?

Barring inflation, the Thai Baht would have the same value to a Thai today, that it did ten years ago.

21 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

You do the maths. It doesn't, and won't, work.

It does .

Think of the daily minimum wage back in your home Country and times hat by ten and then consider whether that is a suitable fine for the offence

8 hours ago, Araiwah said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The fines here are so out of date that they need at least another 0 adding to the penalties. 1000b now is peanuts considering what it was worth before the big baht crash a number of years back. $30 fine for public indecency is just a huge joke.

Driving through red light shouldn't be 500 baht (or less if paying cash at the scene!). It should be 50,000 baht, and within a few months people would ALWAYS wait for it to turn green. Going through red you may be lucky 99 times, but one day you will kill several innocent motorists

11 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Easy to see why things like this happen and will continue to happen when the consequences for both the already banned driver and the company that continued to rent him the vehicle are laughably small.

Where do they get these people from? Unbelievable proportion of deranged imbeciles driving taxis or any public transport vehicle for that matter. I guess there were more "laughably small" details to this story as well.

If the fine is a joke in itself,

....the biggest joke remains that a decent proportion of Bangkok Taxi drivers who scam and cheat on refusing to turn on the meter or take longabout routes, are still cruising and trying to cheat customers.....