Korat hang out for expats

Grubster

was looking for the same thing myself but have pretty much given up.

in the nearly 18 months I've been here, I've been able to meet and talk with perhaps 6 people in total.  one neighbor and I enjoy a beer regularly.  most of the rest of the farangs I've met here appear to be hermits and quite stand-off-ish.

and neither of us can be much help.  Rob is into fishing while I'm into most anything except golf.

sorry.

2 hours ago, 1Gringo said:

was looking for the same thing myself but have pretty much given up.

in the nearly 18 months I've been here, I've been able to meet and talk with perhaps 6 people in total.  one neighbor and I enjoy a beer regularly.  most of the rest of the farangs I've met here appear to be hermits and quite stand-off-ish.

and neither of us can be much help.  Rob is into fishing while I'm into most anything except golf.

sorry.

NBK night market (almost next door to the Dusit Princess Hotel), there is a small bar in the center of the market next door to the brick built building.

i am meeting a Dutch guy there on Saturday evening (we met there last Saturday)

and you are welcome to come and have a beer with us if you so desire mate, Unless it's raining in which case it will be the week after I guess....lol

HL

I suggest you google Korat Hash House Harriers if you want to meet up with some normal sociable friendly drinking people - Thais and expats! Some of you have apparently met only 6 and live there; I've met several handfuls of Korat expats and Thai residents on a couple of occasions and I live 300 clicks away!

An Ubon hash house harrier

Edit: Just a suggestion - forgive the slightly confrontational tone which is perhaps a bit counterproductive! 

Edited by SantiSuk

Well if you want to meet golfers you need to go to the golf courses. Tuesday 7am at the Wing 1 Air Force course there is a group of about 10 -15 expats and Friday 7am at the course on the Army base a group of expats play.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/6/2560 at 3:30 PM, happylarry said:

NBK night market (almost next door to the Dusit Princess Hotel), there is a small bar in the center of the market next door to the brick built building.

i am meeting a Dutch guy there on Saturday evening (we met there last Saturday)

and you are welcome to come and have a beer with us if you so desire mate, Unless it's raining in which case it will be the week after I guess....lol

HL

didnt a group of golfers from the sports bar[now closed] now meet at the check inn.

sadly my drinking days are over but your welcome to come and meet me and my dog,who understands english as good as my wife.