Free Phone Calls To The Uk

chiang mai

If you have broadband you can buy a subscription to VONAGE UK and they will supply you with a broadband router and a UK telephone number in an area of your choice. I have this set up at my home in Chiang Mai and it works well. It means that using a separate telephone that is connected to the Vonage broadband router I can pick up the phone and call any number in the UK for free or next to nothing. The best part is that people in the UK can call my VONAGE number at local or national UK call rates and my phone in CM can receive the calls. The setup cost is about GBP 45 and the monthly cost is GBP 7.99 which more than pays for itself when compared to international call costs via the 007, 008 or 009 dialing systems in Thailand. Quality is good but best at (Thai) off peak times. I know this compares to Skype in some ways but the advantage of Vonage is that you have a dedicated UK number that anyone can call from any phone. No I don't work for Vonage, just think it's a great system with many benefits, especially if you are resident in Thailand and are trying to do business in or with the UK.

I use voipdiscount.com - free, now £45, no £7.95, no router. Works on landlines and on mobiles as well.

no, I don't work for them

................................................................................

................................................................................

I get all my calls free to LOS, mobile and landlines using my free minutes with Orange.

Just phone 07744200004 and follow instructions.

It really works. :o

yes, but I talk to Thailand for an hour or two (every day) and my monthly limit on orange is only 500 minutes (business tariff) - majority of orange subscribers have only 200 minutes per month and you still need to use your free minutes locally, especially when calling the other networks in the UK.

Edited by londonthai

ya - vonage is good. i'm in canada. tried to get a thai phone number on a vonage router (not available yet - sucks) so my wife can call home without worrying about phone bills. i even thought getting a UK number might be cheaper than getting a canadian number, but it wasn't. vonage is still better than the LD rates from Bell Canada. with the monthly fee, it works out to be about 60% of the cost we were paying previously. And when we travel/move to thailand, we can bring the canadian vonage phone number with us. i just wish my inlaws had high speed in their home so we could send them the vonage router.

yes, but I talk to Thailand for an hour or two (every day) and my monthly limit on orange is only 500 minutes (business tariff) - majority of orange subscribers have only 200 minutes per month and you still need to use your free minutes locally, especially when calling the other networks in the UK.

OH DEAR, You busy, busy little CHATTERBOX :o