Saddam Is Dead

Pink Mist

The error returned was:

Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again.

Useful Links

Forgotten Password Recovery

Register a new account

Our help documentation

Contact the forums administrator

the link was to post 128 in this topic , where i posted an article from a british newspsper criticizing the obsession with the minutiae and gory details of saddams trial and execution.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone illuminate me as to how this is related to Thailand???????

Thailand is a country on Earth. So is Iraq. Saddam Hussein was the president of Iraq.

How eloquent! :o

But this isn't the "thorn tree forum" nor is it the "rainbow gathering forum"

Perhaps you failed to notice the tiny little aspect: "Thailand News Clippings"

Again how is this "Thailand" related?????

:D :D :D :D

This was asked early on when it was first posted. It is not Thai related per se, but it is about a man who has in some form or manner been in our lives for the past thirty years or so, not to mention many armed service people from many nations that have acually had to go there, either in the 80's, the 90's or in the past 5 years. So it was decided that it is relevant enough to the Thai expat community.

I hope that answers your question.

Rainman, you have a very valid point. And one I cannot eloquently defend.

I am one of those who does not believe in capital punishment. Yet I am glad the deed is done.

I also felt the trial was a farce and a waste of time. Yet I (again in contradictory manner) sort of wish he'd come out of his underground hole shooting, so he could have been taken down straight away. What can I say?

Edited by kayo

Just seen Sadams execution on a website from a link posted here. Whilst I can accept the punishment that was dished out it was a RACKUS a dammed well circus. Very unprofesional affair.

All you who have made comments on how justice has been served are in my book "Low Lifes" and I mean that. Even criminals deserve some respect expecially in the execution of there convictions.

I dont know what the execution party was on about but it didnt sound good. The leaders of the USA should be held accountable for the all the misconduct within this trial.

Its a sad fact that I now am starting to understand the hatred in the Middle east for the USA. I just hope that the USA dont leave the Iraqi people hanging in the wind (like they did the peolple of Laos and vietnam) clutching the the believe of following there ways will lead to a better life.

"Where have you been for the past 58 years? "

Im not that old Mate. I come from Oz were our every day news has been controlled and is still controlled by a chosen few with STRONG ties to the USA . A place were only the young and nieave have the freedom of speach. If you want to learn something you must sift thru the crap and develope your own belief in whats acually happening.

Edited by Artfullmover

and edited by the masons. :D:D:D

Jai Dee moonlighting again?? :bah::o

I thought obsceneties where barred on T.Visa, less of the " M " word and more of the F,s and B,s :bah:

marshbags :o are any watching me :D

P.S

You look a right sex case with your Avatar, J.n D.

Edited by marshbags

Just seen Sadams execution on a website from a link posted here. Whilst I can accept the punishment that was dished out it was a RACKUS a dammed well circus. Very unprofesional affair.

All you who have made comments on how justice has been served are in my book "Low Lifes" and I mean that. Even criminals deserve some respect expecially in the execution of there convictions.

I dont know what the execution party was on about but it didnt sound good. The leaders of the USA should be held accountable for the all the misconduct within this trial.

Its a sad fact that I now am starting to understand the hatred in the Middle east for the USA. I just hope that the USA dont leave the Iraqi people hanging in the wind (like they did the peolple of Laos and vietnam) clutching the the believe of following there ways will lead to a better life.

i can only add, not many U.S.A. people trying to emigrate to the middle east, as compared to the amount of people from the middle east trying to flee to wherever. got it.

" can only add, not many U.S.A. people trying to emigrate to the middle east, as compared to the amount of people from the middle east trying to flee to wherever. got it."

No I don't get it. I'm not looking for a slaging match either. Just said what was on my mind.

Facing up to realality might bring good luck in the new year. Over and out!!!!

At the end of the day SH was just another in a long line of tinpot dictators that have emerged in that part of the world.

The US needed a scapegoat after 9/11 and Saddam fitted the bill for a number of reasons most of them completely unrelated to the Twin Towers attack.

If the US had really been serious about attacking terrorism it would have invaded Pakistan or Saudi Arabia for it is those two countries that are the backbone to most of the organised terrorist activity. But they are US allies and really they were in the too hard basket.

Saddam had an established profile as a bad guy so it was very easy to sell him to a US public hel_l bent on revenge after 9/11.

People with short memories need to remember that Saddams rise to power was aided and abetted by the US government back in the early 80s.

THe US provided the chemical weapons and supported this brutal dictator in his war against Iran.

Saddam got too big for his boots and the US realised that they had helped create a monster.

Once the genie was out of the bottle it proved very hard to put him back in.

As bad as Saddam was there are many who believe that only a strong man like Saddam could control a country as divided as Iraq. The blood bath that is now Iraq bears some testament to this theory.

In reality the whole mess that is Iraq is the result of years of meddling by the US in the region in order to guarantee a cheap source of oil to fuel its own domestic economy.Sure SH was a bad guy but there are worse guys out there and unfortunately many of them have been in previous and present US administrations.

yes, blame any and all, but not the Iraqis.

Saddam was becoming too powerful before Gulf War 1. The US stamps on any regional influence that is not of it's own making.

The thinking that this boils down to his propensity for murder and oppression shows that you are buying in to the media promoted reasoning of his demise.

He was influencing other middle eastern countries, his countries infrastructure was a model to all aspiring nations, he wanted to trade Iraqi oil in Euros.

In the eyes of the US he had to go.

He has been demonised to serve the purpose of history.

Job done. The price for US hegemony? A ######ed up world.

just who in this world do you believe respected this "man".

i find it a bit strange that some people get upset because they give saddam a tounge lashing as he was on the gallows.

who really gives a toss as he murdered untold people and a few harsh words are upsetting the moral minority. :D

some people really have there priority wrong dont they. :o

wonder what they would say if saddam had murdered there family. ? :D

Unedited hanging video now available on the web. :o

mate,

i viewed that hanging early this morning and it is nothing special. old saddam had a dream death compared to what he dished out to the punters.

you want to see some real hard core stuff go and have a look at this site.

www.rotton.com.

on there you will see some really nasty stuff that saddam's followers have done to forieners and there own people.

his hanging was nothing. :D

he got out on the gravy train.

Unedited hanging video now available on the web. :o

mate,

i viewed that hanging early this morning and it is nothing special. old saddam had a dream death compared to what he dished out to the punters.

you want to see some real hard core stuff go and have a look at this site.

www.rotton.com.

on there you will see some really nasty stuff that saddam's followers have done to forieners and there own people.

his hanging was nothing. :D

he got out on the gravy train.

Seeing the hanging was bad enough.....Not that I liked the guy....but I really dont want to see any other gruesome sights....thanks anyway :D

I see by some of the comments that many on this site know little about the Middle East in general.

I am no expert, but I can tell you that "civilisation" did not make any steps further backward today than any other day...it's just that you have heard about this execution but not about the hundreds of others performed in the region throughout any given year.

Try being in Riyadh city centre on any Friday when they perform the PUBLIC executions and other punishments such as cutting off the hand of a thief etc. If you happen to be anywhere near "chop-chop square" as we used to call it, you would likley be rounded up by the local constabulary and taken to be a western eye-witness; pushed to the front of the crowd so you get to see it all in horrific and ghoulish detail.

Nothing changed today...just another criminal facing his sentence. Life goes on.

Our western perspectives have no relevance in the Arab lands, and it is a mistake to think they should have.

Why don't we all pray to Allah? Simple, we have different views and beliefs.

Are our views right? How the hel_l would anyone really know?

WE think that our beliefs and methods are correct, but so do the Arab cultures...

Trying to impose the views and beliefs of one culture on another is exactly what started this...and you can see it that way no matter what side of the fence you sit.

We tried to make the others believe in our ways, our methods, and our laws, but they refused! How dare they? They need to be taught a lesson!

Now...tell me from the above, which side I am quoting...whose reasoning is this? Impossible to tell because they are the SAME thought processes, the same questions and answers, no matter what side you are on in such a conflict.

Saddam has died for some of his crimes - maybe our concept of punishment by keeping him alive would have been better - but only in our view...we wouldn't need to feel some sort of misplaced guilt at his death...

Many otherwise "civilised" nations impose the death penalty; the Arab lands are no less civilised than those in the west who impose this penalty.

Civilisation as such has neither taken a step backward, nor in fact a step forward, it has simply continued as it does, it's sluggish progress.

Thanks for the good post - I strongly back your ideas.

Dad is Greek - Mom is Lebanese - Was born in the Lebanese CIVIL WAR which took place between 1974 and 1990. For my age, I think I have seen quite much - living in bombshelters- fleeing snipers on public roads - having one's relatives mutilated right next door, and this sort of thing.

I have no doubt Saddam's punishment is well-deserved. But I can tell you one thing: there are millions of people from the Middle East who still love this man. There are many reasons for this and if you don't understand what I just said, this means you have not lived in the Middle East and do not understand the culture. If this punishment brings satisfaction to the thousands of people who were affected by his tyrannical reign, then justice would be served if a similar punishment is brought on to those who claim innocence and care for the people of the Middle East and do nothing to support these claims. They are in the same wagon, only praised by self-induced proclamation of security and peaceful living.

Where was the US and the world during all the attacks that blasted Lebanon during the last 30 years or so? Suddenly they become so much interested in the well-being of the Iraqi people....sounds pretty much ludicrous..don't you think??

I see by some of the comments that many on this site know little about the Middle East in general.

I am no expert, but I can tell you that "civilisation" did not make any steps further backward today than any other day...it's just that you have heard about this execution but not about the hundreds of others performed in the region throughout any given year.

Try being in Riyadh city centre on any Friday when they perform the PUBLIC executions and other punishments such as cutting off the hand of a thief etc. If you happen to be anywhere near "chop-chop square" as we used to call it, you would likley be rounded up by the local constabulary and taken to be a western eye-witness; pushed to the front of the crowd so you get to see it all in horrific and ghoulish detail.

Nothing changed today...just another criminal facing his sentence. Life goes on.

Our western perspectives have no relevance in the Arab lands, and it is a mistake to think they should have.

Why don't we all pray to Allah? Simple, we have different views and beliefs.

Are our views right? How the hel_l would anyone really know?

WE think that our beliefs and methods are correct, but so do the Arab cultures...

Trying to impose the views and beliefs of one culture on another is exactly what started this...and you can see it that way no matter what side of the fence you sit.

We tried to make the others believe in our ways, our methods, and our laws, but they refused! How dare they? They need to be taught a lesson!

Now...tell me from the above, which side I am quoting...whose reasoning is this? Impossible to tell because they are the SAME thought processes, the same questions and answers, no matter what side you are on in such a conflict.

Saddam has died for some of his crimes - maybe our concept of punishment by keeping him alive would have been better - but only in our view...we wouldn't need to feel some sort of misplaced guilt at his death...

Many otherwise "civilised" nations impose the death penalty; the Arab lands are no less civilised than those in the west who impose this penalty.

Civilisation as such has neither taken a step backward, nor in fact a step forward, it has simply continued as it does, it's sluggish progress.

Thanks for the good post - I strongly back your ideas.

Dad is Greek - Mom is Lebanese - Was born in the Lebanese CIVIL WAR which took place between 1974 and 1990. For my age, I think I have seen quite much - living in bombshelters- fleeing snipers on public roads - having one's relatives mutilated right next door, and this sort of thing.

I have no doubt Saddam's punishment is well-deserved. But I can tell you one thing: there are millions of people from the Middle East who still love this man. There are many reasons for this and if you don't understand what I just said, this means you have not lived in the Middle East and do not understand the culture. If this punishment brings satisfaction to the thousands of people who were affected by his tyrannical reign, then justice would be served if a similar punishment is brought on to those who claim innocence and care for the people of the Middle East and do nothing to support these claims. They are in the same wagon, only praised by self-induced proclamation of security and peaceful living.

Where was the US and the world during all the attacks that blasted Lebanon during the last 30 years or so? Suddenly they become so much interested in the well-being of the Iraqi people....sounds pretty much ludicrous..don't you think??

while i completely disagree with you, if , as you seem to believe ,that "millions" love the "man", then it is no wonder why the mid-east will be considered a shithole by any other group, ethnic and or religious beliefs withstanding.

while i completely disagree with you, if , as you seem to believe ,that "millions" love the "man", then it is no wonder why the mid-east will be considered a shithole by any other group, ethnic and or religious beliefs withstanding.

And by eliminating him, the mid-east will become a safe haven, right?? He is the one who's turned it into a shithole, right??

My friend, go take an Introduction class to history and culture of the arabs...then and only then you'll be qualified to reply to my post..until now, you don't yet qualify..

Here’s a less than fond farewell to the thugs of yesteryear...

20061230SaddamArafat.jpg

Palestinians on Saddam: We lost a leader .

Many in the Palestinian Authority on Saturday lamented the execution of Saddam Hussein, who received a special status among the Palestinians.

“Saddam was known for his ability to stick to his opinion and say ‘no’ to a world power,” said Husni al-Ajal, 46, from a refugee camp near Ramallah.

The pictures of the “butcher from Baghdad” were hung in many places in the West Bank and Gaza. Some of the pictures featured both Saddam Hussein and former PA Chairman Yasser Arafat.

Of course they miss him. He gave them big bounty payments when their sons and daughters blew themselves up on Israeli schoolbuses.

:o

The Washington Post reports that one member of the 14-person group assembled to witness the execution of Saddam Hussein shouted "Moqtada, Moqtada, Moqtada" (referring, of course, to the radical anti-American Shiite Moqtada al-Sadr) in the moments before the former dictator was put to death. Saddam reportedly smiled and said sarcastically, "Moqtada?" The gathering reportedly was an "invitation only" affair consisting of the justice minister, top security officals, members of parliament, and top advisers of Prime Minister Maliki. Edited by Boon Mee

I'd like to take this last opportunity to dedicate one of my favorite Led Zeppelin songs to Saddam Gallows Pole . (link is Plant/Page performing the song in 1996).

Lyrics:

Hangman, hangman, hold it a little while,

I Think I see my friends coming, Riding a many mile.

Friends, you get some silver?

Did you get a little gold?

What did you bring me, my dear friends? Keep me from the Gallows Pole.

What did you bring me to keep me from the Gallows Pole?

I couldn’t get no silver, I couldn’t get no gold,

You know that we’re too danm poor to keep you from the Gallows Pole.

Hangman, hangman, hold it a little while,

I think I see my brother coming, riding many a mile.

Brother, you get me some silver?

Did you get a little gold?

What did you bring me, my brother, to keep me from the Gallows Pole?

Brother, I brought you some silver, yeah.

I brought a little gold, I brought a little of everything

To keep you from the Gallows Pole.

Yes, I brought you to keep you from the Gallows Pole.

Hangman, hangman, turn your head awhile,

I think I see my sister coming, riding many mile, mile, mile.

Sister, I implore you, take him by the hand,

Take him to some shady bower, save me from the wrath of this man,

Please take him, save me from the wrath of this man, man.

Hangman, hangman, upon your face a smile,

Tell me that I’m free to ride,

Ride for many mile, mile, mile.

Oh yes, you got a fine sister, She warmed my blood from cold,

She warmed my blood to boiling hot to keep you from the Gallows Pole,

Your brother brought me silver, Your sister warmed my soul,

But now I laugh and pull so hard And see you swinging from the Gallows Pole

But now I laugh and pull so hard And see you swinging from the Gallows Pole

Swingin’ on the gallows pole!

The Arab world knows that when the chimp comes after you………………..he’ll hang you! :o

The Washington Post reports that one member of the 14-person group assembled to witness the execution of Saddam Hussein shouted "Moqtada, Moqtada, Moqtada" (referring, of course, to the radical anti-American Shiite Moqtada al-Sadr) in the moments before the former dictator was put to death. Saddam reportedly smiled and said sarcastically, "Moqtada?" The gathering reportedly was an "invitation only" affair consisting of the justice minister, top security officals, members of parliament, and top advisers of Prime Minister Maliki.

Unfortunately, al-Sadr might be the real power in that government so far. I guess that means he's either a dead man walking or destined to continue an ascent.

Im surprised they didn't control the room better. At the least they should have kept the audience small and collected all cell phones and other sources of recording until it was done.

I think we all established by now that Saddam killed lots of people. But isn't the same thing happening now? Currently on average, 100-300 people are killed in Baghdad alone every day from the violence. In October, the official death toll as reported by BBC was 3,700 civilians. The unofficial death toll is probably much higher. In the war alone, due to poor planning and coalition air strikes, the death toll is at over 37,000 people. Wake up! Coalition bombs have killed over 37,000 people, according to BBC. And a further 100,000 people have died (as of October 2004, over 2 years ago!) due to the violence caused by the invasion. Imagine the civilian death toll today.

And Saddam gets executed for the deaths of 100-something people? Can someone prove to me that Saddam killed 137,000+ people as the US invasion did? So what's worse now?

Clearly, the new government has absolutely no control or power. What i'm trying to say is that at least Saddam kept some sort of control over the country and its people. I personally know people who have been to Baghdad under Saddam's rule and they have never seen any violence or attacks how they're happening now. Its all out of control now.

Do you guys understand now why i suggested that Saddam should be put back in control? Clearly, he was the only one who had the country under control. When your country's population acts like savages (which is what is happening now), you need to have a dictator. "Democracy" clearly doesn't work in this country. Either some of you guys are completely ignorant of what is happening or you simply don't care.