Money in the bank

Very briefly: I had an extension of stay based on retirement which I lost when leaving the country without a re-entry permit. After one 30 day stamp and one tourist visa, I now have a one year multi-entry non-imm O, which comes up for renewal in October. At this time I intend to apply for a new retirement extension.

My question is, does the 800,000 baht need to be in the bank for 60 or 90 days. I'm pretty sure it'll be 60 as effectively it's a new extension but would like this confirmed or otherwise.

Thanks

I am in a similar situation wanting to get an extension from an OA visa.

As I have previous extensions I've been advised to be safe use the 90 day "seasoning", just in case I encounter a nitpicking IO.

6 minutes ago, Evilbaz said:

I am in a similar situation wanting to get an extension from an OA visa.

As I have previous extensions I've been advised to be safe use the 90 day "seasoning", just in case I encounter a nitpicking IO.

It will be your first extension since it will be the first extension of an entry obtained using a visa. That is immigration's definition of first extension.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It will be your first extension since it will be the first extension of an entry obtained using a visa. That is immigration's definition of first entry.

Sure, that's the "rule" and maybe how it works in Ubon.

But I have been advised in Phuket to do as I reported.

All Immi offices and IOs are different.

22 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Thanks. I can wait another few weeks before bringing the cash in. But will GBP improve or worsen during that time? Decisions, decisions!

Today GBP to Baht is very close to its highest for the past month.

I wouldn’t worry too much about GBP to THB movement or think it's better this month.

Because if you need to transfer money from the UK into Thai bank so as to have 800,000 baht it will cost you £18,115.00 when before Brexit vote it was only £15.400.00 so you’ll lose over £2,700.00 if the pound fully recovers.

That’s why I’ll be putting my money into a Bangkok Bank foreign currency account in sterling, to meet the retirement visa requirements.

29 minutes ago, Timemaster said:

That’s why I’ll be putting my money into a Bangkok Bank foreign currency account in sterling, to meet the retirement visa requirements.

I don't think  that foreign currency accounts are accepted .

1 minute ago, janclaes47 said:

I don't think  that foreign currency accounts are accepted .

Yes it is acceptable, providing the money is not in bonds or time locked; all the immigration requires is that you have 800,000baht or equivalent in a Thai bank account.