Highways Dept strictly controls overweight trucks

webfact

Highways Dept strictly controls overweight trucks

BANGKOK, 29 June 2017 (NNT) - The Department of Highways will be strictly enforcing control measures on overweight trucks to prevent road damage and to help lower the country's budget. 

Highways Department Director General Thanin Somboon disclosed that the Department of Highways has strict law enforcement on operators of overweight trucks, which would help reduce the highway maintenance budget. 

He has instructed over 70 weight inspecting stations nationwide to work together and inspect overweight trucks. 

According to statistics from 1 November 2016 to 25 June 201, 2,621 overweight truck drivers were arrested. 

Individuals who notice overweight truck are can notify the highway police by calling 1193 or Department of Highways’ hotline 1586 available around the clock.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-06-29

" Individuals who notice overweight truck are can notify the highway police by calling 1193 or Department of Highways’ hotline 1586 available around the clock."

is there a number for overweight Farangs? :cheesy:

Edited by NCC1701A

In Chiang Mai,it's the over loaded pick up trucks coming to the markets,

Bangkok markets loaded with produce ,maybe carrying 3 tons or more, 

they have springs from much bigger trucks fitted,also bigger tyres,but

a pickup is only allowed to carry around a ton.and i dont think pickups

are required to stop at the weigh stations.

regards worgeordie

yadda yadda yadda.... 

I saw two large trucks going on the express way, the BiB waved them to the side. They didn't even stop, just slowed down enough to hand 'something' over.

I see so many open pickups carrying items which would be missiles should they fall off the back. Today I saw a gas large gas canister with no collar protection (looked like a large tank for welding), secured by a shoddy looking rope. One bump and the weight alone creates lethal hazard, pressurized its a deadly and explosive missile. 

No one cares, no one does anything. There will be a large incident and someone announces 'crack-down'...  things improve slightly for 2 weeks. Wash, rinse and repeat... 

The repetitively carelessness and inaction is highly tiresome unless we ourselves learn to dumb down and not give to$$ which is fine, but its so difficult not to see the abundance of blind stupidity and carelessness in the face of absolute danger all around us with one doing anything about it. 

"He has instructed over 70 weight inspecting stations nationwide to work together and inspect overweight trucks."  Sounds like a public service announcement for the happiness of Thai peoples.

Instructed? I would have thought that was their job, have they not been doing their job? Give himself an uppercut and fire the bosses and then the "big cheese" can fire him!

Yeah, I know, I am just dreaming :sad:

Edited by lvr181
Additional comment