Court rejects Yingluck’s request for court to examine rice warehouses

webfact

On 02/07/2017 at 4:41 PM, Chris Lawrence said:

Read your statement again from where my comment is drawn. You elude to what happened.

I lived in Chiang Rai. My In-laws are rice farmers. My mother-in law 6 sisters are rice farmers. Most of their Children are rice farmers. My wife has a rice farm.

So you and your wife's family profited quite nicely from Yingluk's scam. Explains a lot.

Edited by halloween

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, halloween said:

So you and your wife's family profited quite nicely from Yingluk's scam. Explains a lot.

Guess they don´t get to much money for the crops nowadays. When the rice program started everything concerning farming became more expencive over night, firtiliser, pesticide, seeds, hiring combine harvesters, hiring people. The problems are still here, so in the long run farmers have lost more than the rice sceme gave them.

5 hours ago, billd766 said:

Firstly and lastly I am not called Billyboy which I find both condescending and insulting and shows your ignorance.

Secondly there is no point in my replying to your posts as you repeat the same tired old closed mind mantra.

Firstly...lastly...secondly...hmmm?

1 hour ago, halloween said:

It certainly explains that the rice scheme DID put money into the hands of farmers which would have then circulated in the local economy.

Which in turn explains why 7-11 turnovers and motorcycle sales increased in the north during the period the rice scheme was in effect.

The powers that be certainly don't want anyone digging too deep because no doubt some of those powers got very wealthy selling non existent rice and then stealing the rice that was there.

It certainly explains that the rice scheme DID put money into the hands of farmers which would have then circulated in the local economy.
Which in turn explains why 7-11 turnovers and motorcycle sales increased in the north during the period the rice scheme was in effect.

Could you show those statistics you are quoting or is it make believe as so often is the case with your statements.

6 minutes ago, halloween said:

Of course it did for a while, that's why they sold their vote to those making the best offer. Didn't do the rest of the country (ie the majority) much good, did it?

Revenue collection was a record then. Too bad the junta will strip the treasury bare with their arms purchases. 

1 minute ago, JAG said:

Can't possibly have that. The capital, investment and benefits belong to Bangkok, not where the buffaloes roam...

Quite nice that they invested in Isaan.. but I asked about his claim that the rice program made it happen. There is nothing here to support that.. it makes mention of wages increases / farm subsidies and infrastructure.. no division between those.. no percentage of improvements.. nothing. I know you guys are easily pleased.. but I am a numbers guy.. i like to see facts not wishful thinking. 

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

Quite nice that they invested in Isaan.. but I asked about his claim that the rice program made it happen. There is nothing here to support that.. it makes mention of wages increases / farm subsidies and infrastructure.. no division between those.. no percentage of improvements.. nothing. I know you guys are easily pleased.. but I am a numbers guy.. i like to see facts not wishful thinking. 

Farm Subsidies... hmm, I wonder if rice is a farm product?

6 minutes ago, Smarter Than You said:

Farm Subsidies... hmm, I wonder if rice is a farm product?

Yes.. Now please give a division between the 3 income streams.. salaries going up / infrastructure and rice program.. then tell me how much it increased from before. That is what is needed to back up your claim. What you just posted does not back up a thing... You should change your username. Because your not smart at all. 

You stated that because of the rice program 7/11 sold more and more motorcycles were sold ect. Now you have not shown me.. increased sales in 711 or motorcycles..and you have not liked those to income from the rice program. All you did was copy and past some general article that did not even show totals of increase of before and after the rice program. It did not really mention much of anything. 

So I think its safe to say you pulled numbers out of thin air to claim something you can't back up. 

I found it.. but it were just some opinions of people who said to link it to YL and rice program that is now bad. That is hearsay not facts backed up by number. Its an assumption they make, but havent backed up. The economy on a whole is not doing well. You can't attribute all bad things to there not being a rice program without clear statistics. Sounds a lot like a group of YL supporters nothing more. 

In Ubon Ratchathani, that argument has some support. Boohieng Rungrachkanont said only one of his three rice mills will turn a profit this year. He blames the falling prices on the huge stockpile amassed under Yingluck’s program, and says the current government’s plan to avoid setting a minimum price “helps farmers without distorting market prices.”

Edited by robblok

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

http://www.thaiwebsites.com/cars-thailand.asp

Hope this mean something. 

Yes.. I hope you remember the first carescheme of YL .. and the plummet of sales after it ended.. that easily explains this.. has nothing to do with the rice program. But yes at least you are giving me some real date. I like that it show that you are trying. 

Edited by robblok

2 hours ago, Smarter Than You said:

Here are some links that tells otherwise.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-thailand-protest-idUSBREA1904Y20140210

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/thai-rice-farmers-protest-in-new-challenge-to-yingluck

http://www.saultstar.com/2014/02/10/unpaid-rice-farmers-protest-as-thai-governments-problems-mount

https://www.voanews.com/a/thai-rice-farmers-give-government-a-week-to-make-payments/1856234.html

10 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

....& of course the current 5 baht per kilo being paid to rice farmers has nothing to do with the huge number of warehouses overflowing with rotten rice no one wants to buy.

How many warehouses are overflowing with rotten rice and how many thousands of tons of it are there.

Perhaps this link may give a clue.

http://www.indexmundi.com/commodities/?commodity=rice&months=120

54 minutes ago,  robblok said: 

So you have no figures comparing it before and during the rice program.. Thank you that was all I wanted to know. You pulled it out of thin air to act smart. There might have been an improvement.. but there are no figures to even prove that or to link it to the rice program. Its all wishful thinking. 

While I can backup that fertilizer rose during the rice program

http://bangkokscoop.com/2011/01/entrepreneurs-warned-against-increasing-fertilizer-prices-prior-to-permission/

Interesting link, want to know my favourite bit?

I'll highlight it red for you.

DIT Director-General Vatchari Vimooktayon stated that the price hike was unfair for consumers although entrepreneurs had experienced rising operating costs following the rising gasoline price. She said the price increase must be approved by the DIT and the fertilizer price subcommittee.

Want to know my second favourite bit?

I'll highlight it red too.

Entrepreneurs warned against increasing fertilizer prices prior to permission

admin  January 26, 2011  0 Comments

Guess what day Yingluck was elected - 3rd July 2011

Uh oh!!

9 hours ago, Skywalker69 said:

The malls, factories and construction sites in Thailand’s northeast are emerging alongside its farms as a potent economic fuel in one of Asia’s top emerging markets. Growth in Thailand, Southeast Asia’s second-biggest economy, has begun to slow, but the economy of the northeast is in the grip of a boom.

The economic renaissance of “Isaan“, Thailand’s poorest and most populous region, has coincided with expansionary policies – from wage increases to farm subsidies – that are enriching an area at the heart of a “red shirt” protest movement that backed Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra in a 2011 election.

As a new middle class emerges, investors and companies are taking note. CLSA emerging markets guru Chris Wood cites the region in explaining long-term bets on Thailand.

“There is a macroeconomic ramping up of the northeast,” he said.

The potential may never be realised if a crucial 2.2 trillion baht ($71 billion) infrastructure programme becomes a casualty of the feuding between Yingluck’s ruling Puea Thai Party and its opponents.

But if the plan went ahead, as is generally expected, it would change the entire economic structure of the northeast, said Rahul Bajoria, an economist at Barclays Capital.

12 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Revenue collection was a record then. Too bad the junta will strip the treasury bare with their arms purchases. 

Did it balance the B600 billion paid out? Come on Eric, give us a percentage of increased revenue compared to losses.

20 minutes ago, halloween said:

Did it balance the B600 billion paid out? Come on Eric, give us a percentage of increased revenue compared to losses.

What about you produce evidence backing your 600B claim. Hot air or imaginative self massaging figure.

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

What about you produce evidence backing your 600B claim. Hot air or imaginative self massaging figure.

Well you give me the huge increase in revenue figure, and we can compare that to any estimate of incurred losses that you prefer. I mean, it must be HUGE right?

16 minutes ago, halloween said:

Well you give me the huge increase in revenue figure, and we can compare that to any estimate of incurred losses that you prefer. I mean, it must be HUGE right?

So you self massaged a figure of 600B. Got it. 

14 hours ago, Smarter Than You said:

The malls, factories and construction sites in Thailand’s northeast are emerging alongside its farms as a potent economic fuel in one of Asia’s top emerging markets. Growth in Thailand, Southeast Asia’s second-biggest economy, has begun to slow, but the economy of the northeast is in the grip of a boom.

The economic renaissance of “Isaan“, Thailand’s poorest and most populous region, has coincided with expansionary policies – from wage increases to farm subsidies – that are enriching an area at the heart of a “red shirt” protest movement that backed Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra in a 2011 election.

As a new middle class emerges, investors and companies are taking note. CLSA emerging markets guru Chris Wood cites the region in explaining long-term bets on Thailand.

“There is a macroeconomic ramping up of the northeast,” he said.

The potential may never be realised if a crucial 2.2 trillion baht ($71 billion) infrastructure programme becomes a casualty of the feuding between Yingluck’s ruling Puea Thai Party and its opponents.

But if the plan went ahead, as is generally expected, it would change the entire economic structure of the northeast, said Rahul Bajoria, an economist at Barclays Capital.

I have been in Isaan for more than 20 years and I don´t agree with you.

On ‎3‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 5:04 PM, billd766 said:

Firstly and lastly I am not called Billyboy which I find both condescending and insulting and shows your ignorance.

Secondly there is no point in my replying to your posts as you repeat the same tired old closed mind mantra.

Well Billyboy, ignorance or more to the point arrogance is when you are presented with facts but you won't take the time to educate yourself on what can be done.

My so called mantra, is a fact. It can be reviewed. Condescending is when you show an attitude of patronizing superiority by not reviewing what I have suggested to look at and dismissing it because you are empty for a valid reply.

We are not in the schoolyard here and don't adopt the superior bully head prefect role. It doesn't work.

Be civil son, and you may learn a thing or two. I don't mind helping, as I would offer the same help to anyone on this board.

Tell me the truth, you didn't read anything on 'forensic audits' did you.

14 hours ago, halloween said:

Sorry Hall I can't sleep and I am reading this rubbish. There is a bidding war going on here, currently your in the lead with 600 billion baht overtaking the previous 500 billion baht. 

I don't know what you get if you win, maybe admiration from the General or you really are the expert in all matters pertaining to growing storing and selling rice and how things go wrong. :stoner: