Personal information

I'm getting ready to extend my retirement visa and would like to know if anyone recalls having to submit a completed "Personal Information" form?  I had to do this last time (last year) and would like to know if it is still required.  In advance, thanks for any help provided.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is no longer asked for at the majority of offices.

Would seem so. Did my extension earlier this year and my 90 days report last week but the officer didn't mention it. It is, however, still in one of the drawers in the small cabinet that holds the other forms.

Two years ago I was handed such a form for "Personal Information".

I was told to take it outside and fill it out as I waited for my queue number to be called.

As it happened I needed to go to the bathroom, and I threw that form into the trash along my way.

I got my extension as usual, and was never asked for that form when my passport and extension was ready.

It was just something the higher  ups in immigration wanted as a survey, it went away by itself in a couple of months.

The most offensive part was that I was supposed to list my Bank accounts in Thailand and provide the account numbers on the form.

As I say it ended up in the trash.

13 hours ago, IMA_FARANG said:

Two years ago I was handed such a form for "Personal Information".

I was told to take it outside and fill it out as I waited for my queue number to be called.

As it happened I needed to go to the bathroom, and I threw that form into the trash along my way.

I got my extension as usual, and was never asked for that form when my passport and extension was ready.

It was just something the higher  ups in immigration wanted as a survey, it went away by itself in a couple of months.

The most offensive part was that I was supposed to list my Bank accounts in Thailand and provide the account numbers on the form.

As I say it ended up in the trash.

I just filled in name and address and left the rest blank.

On 6/30/2017 at 6:39 PM, Rockhopper said:

In Chiang Mai last week when I did my retirement extension I was told by the staff that it was no longer needed.

In fact, at no time in Chiang Mai Immigration, did I ever see the form 'included' with the paper stacks of numbered forms required to complete interviews with the officers.  I did see the form thrown into cardboard boxes.  Seems the requirement to fill it out was adhered to but no further action was observed(by me).

1 hour ago, YetAnother said:

Thank goodness ,it was remarkably intrusive and stupid

Remember that when you next fill out an application for some kind of store card. It is amazing how much personal information people give away in the hope of collecting "points" on a card !