Bass madness

Brunolem

7 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

The guy we had had 2 triple row height banks like they use ar concerts with 10-12 big speakers per bank.....

Kept bragging he'd spent over 100,000 tb on just speakers & nobody was going to tell him he couldn't use them.....

Insane....

was the chap's home electrical fuse box anywhere around handy and with easy access????:cheesy:

On 6/30/2017 at 11:34 PM, TommyTucker said:

Blimey, I got all excited thinking this was about fishing emoji853.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

5555, my first thought too, bass in Thailand? Where?

Edited by riceyummm

We have some guys nearby who are wannabe Phil Collins ( in his drumming days). Sadly they still require many more years of practice much to the "delight" of anyone within a zillion km of their pad. 

My answer?

My guitar practice sessions at a reasonably loud level. 

Dunno if if it works but I can hear them!

actually they have ceased and desisted not sure if it was due to their " drumming" skills or my bass guitar rendition if "money" by Pink Floyd.

On 7/1/2017 at 0:40 PM, Brunolem said:

Surprisingly earplugs are difficult to find here...I mean the real thing, made of wax, not of foam or whatever crap.

Maybe there lies a business opportunity...

I have found decent ear plugs in some of the pharmacies, even a couple of little hole in the wall places had them in Pattaya.  Found foam and decent shooting and swimming ear plugs.  it's hit and miss.  I'd try one of the Facino chain stores.  Big C and Tesco also had them here in Naklua.

On 7/1/2017 at 0:55 PM, jeab1980 said:

Have to say got used to it over the years. Doesn't bother me at all now. 

Remember some oinks in UK across the road in theblate 90's used to like loud  base music at 2am. Didnt last long if i remember correctly.

I sustained some damage to my ears from explosions and getting caught around jet engines w/o ear protection in Vietnam.  I hear very well but my ears ring so loud I surprised everyone else can't hear them.  I try to protect my ears as much as possible.  Live on the 21st floor at the beach in Naklua.  Fortunately peaceful and quiet here.  Lots of frogs and crickets, like being out in the country. thank God...

26 minutes ago, joeyg said:

I sustained some damage to my ears from explosions and getting caught around jet engines w/o ear protection in Vietnam.  I hear very well but my ears ring so loud I surprised everyone else can't hear them.  I try to protect my ears as much as possible.  Live on the 21st floor at the beach in Naklua.  Fortunately peaceful and quiet here.  Lots of frogs and crickets, like being out in the country. thank God...

Must be climbing tree frogs & sky diving crickets 21 floors up....

1 hour ago, joeyg said:

I have found decent ear plugs in some of the pharmacies, even a couple of little hole in the wall places had them in Pattaya.  Found foam and decent shooting and swimming ear plugs.  it's hit and miss.  I'd try one of the Facino chain stores.  Big C and Tesco also had them here in Naklua.

For those interested, there are (sometime) very good airplugs at Boots...Muffle Wax Earplugs...sold in a small rectangular box, generally well hidden from view...cheap and very efficient...

Gogo DJs love crankin' it up to the point I won't stay, so they must be losing money as I'm not the only one.

However, I sometimes go inside the curtain, stand there for a minute while the service girls are trying to get me to sit down, then look at them with my fingers in my ears, shake my head, and walk out.

Not that they care.

One time my wife tried to take me to a local night club. Even with earplugs my ears hurt, so I sat in the car, but I could still hear the noise.

It's no wonder Thais can sleep through anything- must be deaf.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

15 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Must be climbing tree frogs & sky diving crickets 21 floors up....

Yes one would think.  However fortunately there are very large areas of undeveloped land around my place.  Also it seems there is an effort to keep the old growth trees and other other terrain untouched for now.  It's like that around the Dusithani going up the coast to Naklua Bay.  It's a micro climate and very unique for being so close to the Pattaya "circus."  When I've been on the phone or FB chat, friends have commented on hearing the frogs/toads and crickets. I feel fortunate to have found this place.

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Gogo DJs love crankin' it up to the point I won't stay, so they must be losing money as I'm not the only one.

However, I sometimes go inside the curtain, stand there for a minute while the service girls are trying to get me to sit down, then look at them with my fingers in my ears, shake my head, and walk out.

Not that they care.

One time my wife tried to take me to a local night club. Even with earplugs my ears hurt, so I sat in the car, but I could still hear the noise.

It's no wonder Thais can sleep through anything- must be deaf.

WHAAAAATTTTT!!!!