The poisonous Brother in Law

Rc2702

Maybe this river has finally run its course !!

Pee DL seems to be adapting to his new life of being pampered by his sister !! ?

The rest of us will continue on our merry ( or miserable ) ways and maybe will reappear in a thread of a similar vein in the near future !

I certainly hope my future will be more on the 

merry side as I'm only just starting my journey.

It only remains for Ody to drop us a line to say all is well and we can have closure.

6 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Maybe this river has finally run its course !!

Pee DL seems to be adapting to his new life of being pampered by his sister !! ?

The rest of us will continue on our merry ( or miserable ) ways and maybe will reappear in a thread of a similar vein in the near future !

I certainly hope my future will be more on the 

merry side as I'm only just starting my journey.

It only remains for Ody to drop us a line to say all is well and we can have closure.

It seems we have come to an appropriate hiatus. Maybe we can take it up on another thread sometime.

It is sad we have had no word from Ody.

I hope we can use the PM to inform the crew if we do get word?

Been quite a journey and very enjoyable, for TDL it is not yet over and I wish him the best of luck in his future plans.

Time for a beer...

Cheers to you all.

:thumbsup:

I think there are a lot more BIL's that need to be commented on and looking forward to hearing about TDL's return to the good life. :smile:

Ody, I just hope you eventually get back on board!

• Like 2

I've had my fair share of Bil problems (earlier posts), but my current missus has 5 brothers and 3 married sisters too. All are gainfully employed, most in the forces, and I  have only had a tiny problem with one that was helping us move last time. For the damage he did and the money I had to give him I could have hired a pick-up for 3 days and done it myself. I still ended up humping the heavy stuff that wouldn't go in the lift up six flights of stairs.

The thread is useful to others to read our experiences, but people never learn by other's mistakes and stories, and don't always learn from their own mistakes and experience...

:violin:

• Like 1

On 28/07/2017 at 2:33 PM, The Dark Lord said:

my tight bellbottomed high waisted purple jeans and skin tight t shirt and stacked shoes (

Hi DL, seems we are still going for now.

I just wanted to say something about your dress sense back in the day: Fear not as you were not alone. I had a white Afghan jacket, skin tight T-shirt, cowboy boots and pants that were (the old meaning) hipsters - and long hair of course...

What was I thinking? But I still pulled the ladies!

Got behind the wheel of the R8 yet?

G.

1 hour ago, KC 71 said:

That is one sweet Audi emoji106.png

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

If only I could capture a video for you to hear it's genital raising roar! 

It is indeed a beast and everyone wants to race you ( pointless) Uber comfy inside though a bit of a stiff ride ( see earlier comment) 

sorry about the very very unflattering photo showing my little sisters butt ( I think it best not to mention it to her) 

down side is that getting in and out is like trying trying to sit on a skateboard! Damn it is low

good plate too seeing as sisters initials are SDW

sad not to have heard from Ody, I really hope he has found the peace and comfort that he could not find in LoS. Most of all though I pray for his recovery. 

Edited by The Dark Lord
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Yes Gary well spotted. Probably correct!!

Mrs Owl went off in a temper to her Mothers. Came back 2 hours later and made me a cup of coffee. Her Mum has always calmed her down and put things into perspective.

M is doing some homework at the mo'. I'll have a chat when the time seems right.

May I offer some advice my wise old friend? Choose your words well .......

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

Dear Champers old friend, 

A lovely and insightful response with well measured  and thoughtful advice. L et me try to address the points you raise; 

It is true we were searching for an alternative place to reside. This was primarily at my request though the wife came around to my way of thinking.

She has her sisters family in Patts though neither of us wanted to live in Pattaya. Living close by in say Rayong where we would escape the closed minded clowns that we seemed to encounter up in Khorat hopefully replacing them with better educated Thai and Farang was a mutually agreed plan of action and we were about three weeks away from taking out first trip down there to take a "look see"

it was obvious that we Needed to get away from the very toxic son of hers and his scumbag wife ( sorry but no other polite way to describe them) and try to start afresh  together.

All was going well until some middle aged uneducated low class woman who reputedly "hires " young men and boys for "servicing" decided that she wanted a shot at the ATM. I was unaware and totally uninterested in this evil womans intentions but the wife was so damned insecure that my one comment to this woman sparked off a totally disproportionate reaction from my wife which included throwing my clothes out of the window, threatening me with a very sharp tree pruning knife, hammering down the bedroom door with a lump hammer and cursing me with some pretty hurtful accusations. 

Having lived with such irrational behaviour for several years earlier and finally convincing her to seek treatment for her "hormone induced psychosis" ( menopause) during which I had the police called in with a scurrilous claim of wife abuse ( by her) numerous calls to my office making ridiculous claims  and so on I was reaching the end of my tether. 

Having a belief in the sanctity of marriage as well as the " through thick and thin" in the vows, I stood by her through it all. 

Putting aside the fear that if she tried the same antics whilst we are in Thailand the result would be likely more than an£80 fine for scurrilous use of the 999 number, My life was starting to evolve as one where I was walking on eggshells all day, not allowed to go out without her, if we did go out I was told not to talk to him or her and increasingly I was becoming both emotionally drained, losing my personality as well as becoming a virtual prisoner in the house. It could be said that I was even virtually becoming a prisoner in our bedroom where my TV and system was set up for UK speaking programmes. 

That is not a life. 

Since I took up her invitation to leave ( understatement there) and came back to the UK  I can hardly believe how different I had become, how browbeaten, despondent, weak willed and uninterested in life my usually sunny nature had been beaten out of me. 

Whilst the blame game game is never a nice one, I can only accept that I could perhaps have been more forceful in shutting down her paranoia earlier but hindsight is 20/20 vision. 

Initially I got the begging and pleading to come back with promises of change, moving house etc All of which I answered politely and very carefully so as not to instigate optimism nor despondency. I explained that my departure, which she had "requested" several times, had cost a great deal of money and that money was no longer available to her to squander. I further explained, truthfully once more, how one of our main money contributing tenants was refusing to pay or leave and another tenant who was due to move in a different property had now pulled out was a drop in revenue and an increase in costs ( Council tax at £250 per month etc) and was further going to draw down on available funds. 

Reaction was accusations of abandoning her,  not wanting to support her and the old cherry of "I know you are seeing another woman"

well for me that was one time too much. I am completely bored having to answer to that paranoid crap day in day out because that is what she sees every day on thai tv. Sorry old girl, I am not like that and have never been either. 

I will ultimately send her a stipend every month but she has to sort out her own family ( remember they have always come first whilst we were together but disappear like hell when I am not there to pay the bills)  first. She is the architect of her own future, all I am is the fool who has up to now, financed it. 

She has has already effectively sold my Toyota which was bought brand new by me 3 years ago but which she registered in her sons name without telling me ( face thing or mother son thing I neither care nor wonder about any more) so there was the first million gone. She has the BMW for which I am sure she can get another million for unless she has registered that as well in one of her families name The house is not only fully purchased but also has had extensive and expensive renovations done to it making it the nicest on in the Soi. 

So why should I continue to finance this orgy of family funding? It is not as if they are children any more. They are not even mine but I have paid more for each of them in a month than the father has for all of them in his life. The daughter who got married to a French guy even gave her sin sod to her father who has never shown any interest in her whilst her mother and I flew her to UK several times ( where she introduced a friend who subsequently robbed our house four times costing us a frightful amount of money) Vietnam holidays and innumerable cash handouts, sorry loans. 

Reflecting on it all all I see how utterly stupid I have been,  I must try not to rinse and repeat. 

I do agree unreservedly with you excellent post and observations however every every time I get another steam of abuse on Line from her, my guilt trip gets shorter and shorter. 

In in a way she is helping me dispose of any residual guilt or concern. Should I thank her for it? 

You have given me much to ponder and for that you have my thanks. 

I am happy that you have "come out" from being a thread lurker ( in the nicest possible interpretation of the expression) to become a thread bro. I believe it was Nixon who referred to the silent majority and I believe there were quite a few who followed but did not post. I hope they got out of this thread what I did. 

Excellent well written post.

The Thai system is geared to make it very difficult or even impossible to financially protect yourself, so the golden rule is only put on the table what you can afford to loose. I am sure you know this already and note you have gone back to uk to regenerate.

The girl is a bad one and don't ever be tempted to reconcile.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KC 71 said:

My brother had an R8 for a yr(amazing bit of kit)
Sadly either the horse or the car had to go
He chose the latter !

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

So now he has 1 horse not 530 (or 600).

What is the horse's name?

One for Arthur.

If I'd been in the UK I would have put a few quid on it as it was heard very often in the pub when my dad was alive.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

Wise advice Georgio old chum, get a ride in the beast this morning but sadly on the co pilots seat.

I just read your reply (to all) again (no post numbers at the moment):

You said:

"I am looking at making this stay here a permanent but short one."

Sorry, I hate to be picky. I guess you intend to stay long enough to straighten out all your finances in the UK and then think about a return to the LoS. Sensible move.

Going back to work though you might find a shock! And winter with the heating bills, cold, sleet and rain etc. Well, not for me anyway.

Concerning the other points you made, I was not aware your missus of 17 years had an ongoing medical condition.

I tend to agree with both yourself and your family really.

I will explain:

1. After so many years together she would likely have a legal right to some settlement (even here possibly, married legally or not). Something you should look into.

2. You are right to consider her welfare, especially if she has a medical problem. Old Jimmie Cricket would not be pleased.

3. You are not obliged to take care of her family though, BiL included.

4. Your sister's and other family members advice, plus your own decision not go back to live together is correct as "she will never change" is my opinion too.

5. Can you be friends after this? I doubt it and I'd stay well away.

R8 is a mean machine. Best thing Audi make by far.

And keep the music on....

G.

:burp:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Yes Gary well spotted. Probably correct!!

Mrs Owl went off in a temper to her Mothers. Came back 2 hours later and made me a cup of coffee. Her Mum has always calmed her down and put things into perspective.

M is doing some homework at the mo'. I'll have a chat when the time seems right.

Good story, and all well back in the nest now?

G :drunk:

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

Dear Champers old friend, 

A lovely and insightful response with well measured  and thoughtful advice. L et me try to address the points you raise; 

It is true we were searching for an alternative place to reside. This was primarily at my request though the wife came around to my way of thinking.

She has her sisters family in Patts though neither of us wanted to live in Pattaya. Living close by in say Rayong where we would escape the closed minded clowns that we seemed to encounter up in Khorat hopefully replacing them with better educated Thai and Farang was a mutually agreed plan of action and we were about three weeks away from taking out first trip down there to take a "look see"

it was obvious that we Needed to get away from the very toxic son of hers and his scumbag wife ( sorry but no other polite way to describe them) and try to start afresh  together.

All was going well until some middle aged uneducated low class woman who reputedly "hires " young men and boys for "servicing" decided that she wanted a shot at the ATM. I was unaware and totally uninterested in this evil womans intentions but the wife was so damned insecure that my one comment to this woman sparked off a totally disproportionate reaction from my wife which included throwing my clothes out of the window, threatening me with a very sharp tree pruning knife, hammering down the bedroom door with a lump hammer and cursing me with some pretty hurtful accusations. 

Having lived with such irrational behaviour for several years earlier and finally convincing her to seek treatment for her "hormone induced psychosis" ( menopause) during which I had the police called in with a scurrilous claim of wife abuse ( by her) numerous calls to my office making ridiculous claims  and so on I was reaching the end of my tether. 

Having a belief in the sanctity of marriage as well as the " through thick and thin" in the vows, I stood by her through it all. 

Putting aside the fear that if she tried the same antics whilst we are in Thailand the result would be likely more than an£80 fine for scurrilous use of the 999 number, My life was starting to evolve as one where I was walking on eggshells all day, not allowed to go out without her, if we did go out I was told not to talk to him or her and increasingly I was becoming both emotionally drained, losing my personality as well as becoming a virtual prisoner in the house. It could be said that I was even virtually becoming a prisoner in our bedroom where my TV and system was set up for UK speaking programmes. 

That is not a life. 

Since I took up her invitation to leave ( understatement there) and came back to the UK  I can hardly believe how different I had become, how browbeaten, despondent, weak willed and uninterested in life my usually sunny nature had been beaten out of me. 

Whilst the blame game game is never a nice one, I can only accept that I could perhaps have been more forceful in shutting down her paranoia earlier but hindsight is 20/20 vision. 

Initially I got the begging and pleading to come back with promises of change, moving house etc All of which I answered politely and very carefully so as not to instigate optimism nor despondency. I explained that my departure, which she had "requested" several times, had cost a great deal of money and that money was no longer available to her to squander. I further explained, truthfully once more, how one of our main money contributing tenants was refusing to pay or leave and another tenant who was due to move in a different property had now pulled out was a drop in revenue and an increase in costs ( Council tax at £250 per month etc) and was further going to draw down on available funds. 

Reaction was accusations of abandoning her,  not wanting to support her and the old cherry of "I know you are seeing another woman"

well for me that was one time too much. I am completely bored having to answer to that paranoid crap day in day out because that is what she sees every day on thai tv. Sorry old girl, I am not like that and have never been either. 

I will ultimately send her a stipend every month but she has to sort out her own family ( remember they have always come first whilst we were together but disappear like hell when I am not there to pay the bills)  first. She is the architect of her own future, all I am is the fool who has up to now, financed it. 

She has has already effectively sold my Toyota which was bought brand new by me 3 years ago but which she registered in her sons name without telling me ( face thing or mother son thing I neither care nor wonder about any more) so there was the first million gone. She has the BMW for which I am sure she can get another million for unless she has registered that as well in one of her families name The house is not only fully purchased but also has had extensive and expensive renovations done to it making it the nicest on in the Soi. 

So why should I continue to finance this orgy of family funding? It is not as if they are children any more. They are not even mine but I have paid more for each of them in a month than the father has for all of them in his life. The daughter who got married to a French guy even gave her sin sod to her father who has never shown any interest in her whilst her mother and I flew her to UK several times ( where she introduced a friend who subsequently robbed our house four times costing us a frightful amount of money) Vietnam holidays and innumerable cash handouts, sorry loans. 

Reflecting on it all all I see how utterly stupid I have been,  I must try not to rinse and repeat. 

I do agree unreservedly with you excellent post and observations however every every time I get another steam of abuse on Line from her, my guilt trip gets shorter and shorter. 

In in a way she is helping me dispose of any residual guilt or concern. Should I thank her for it? 

You have given me much to ponder and for that you have my thanks. 

I am happy that you have "come out" from being a thread lurker ( in the nicest possible interpretation of the expression) to become a thread bro. I believe it was Nixon who referred to the silent majority and I believe there were quite a few who followed but did not post. I hope they got out of this thread what I did. 

Another insight to the relationship you have suffered with The Dark Lady.

I will stick to my earlier post comments with 5 points of explanation, and add:

Be sure and strong now you have got your mojo back.

G

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback
  • Like 2