The poisonous Brother in Law

Rc2702

2 hours ago, KC 71 said:

His Name is Ryan- an x Irish Race Horse

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Shergar is found?

:sorry:  Living with my sis and non toxic BiL whose house is named Lammtarra, that was out of order.

off to the sin bin for me

Edited by The Dark Lord
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2017 at 9:05 PM, madusa said:

I don't retaliate against you & that has nothing to do with this forum that's what I meant. What i said about this forum is nothing, after all who the hell cares about my opinion anyway? Yes, I am foolish, being foolish is good because it's nice & people like you when you are foolish they don't it when you are clever or too clever.

rethink the gibberish you just spewed out , no one understands what you just said .... not even you . rethink and try again . 

On 02/08/2017 at 0:47 PM, The Dark Lord said:

Shergar is found?

:sorry:  Living with my sis and non toxic BiL whose house is named Lammtarra, that was out of order.

off to the sin bin for me

These modern times sure do have their good sides too.

I had no idea what Lammtarra and Shergar were all about, of course I suspected a cheeky joke, but eeeuuuuhhhh? Me no capish!

Just 2 clicks on Wikipedia, and voila: instant knowledge!

And I was right about the cheekyness, I wonder how I guessed that?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mikiea said:

rethink the gibberish you just spewed out , no one understands what you just said .... not even you . rethink and try again . 

hehehe

I believe some was borrowed from Lennon's "working class hero":

>>>> they hate you if you're clever and they dispise the fool <<<<

4 hours ago, mikiea said:

Now you are getting on my nerves, I am showing great restrain by not calling you names.

12 hours ago, oldhippy said:

These modern times sure do have their good sides too.

I had no idea what Lammtarra and Shergar were all about, of course I suspected a cheeky joke, but eeeuuuuhhhh? Me no capish!

Just 2 clicks on Wikipedia, and voila: instant knowledge!

And I was right about the cheekyness, I wonder how I guessed that?

Ah the darkness is strong in this one.....

• Like 1

On 8/4/2017 at 7:00 PM, madusa said:

Now you are getting on my nerves, I am showing great restrain by not calling you names.

great restraint  ? i call it fear of being called out as a bully , dim one at that 

5 minutes ago, mikiea said:

great restraint  ? i call it fear of being called out as a bully , dim one at that 

Why are doing this to me? I can see from your photo you can't be a good man.

5 minutes ago, mikiea said:

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 2:48 AM, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Just a last comment on the music before I'm off to to slumber land.

I have loved all the posts guys, but are we not missing the 4 ton Elephant in the room?

There were a few bands we have not even mentioned, Police, Doobie Brothers, 10cc, Caravan anyone remember them? Quite a few more if you think back.

The elephant I am talking about is of course The Eagles, love it or hate it Hotel California has the ultimate last line...

Do I need to remind anyone...... (and most of the other lyrics apply too)

It's been a pleasure to converse with you guys.

Take care, I will try to do the same.

Good health and cheers.

:drunk:

I can never hear an Eagles song without thinking of a New Year's evening many years ago which I spent in the O club in McMurdo listening to the classic "New Kid in Town". That was an entirely mad and wonderful night, which I will never forget.

Not for nothing do we call certain songs the "soundtrack of our lives". Many songs bring back my memories as if they were yesterday, for good and bad, happy and gutwrenchingly sad.

Don't know about you guys, but as I get older, most music I like makes me more sad than happy, as life winds down to the ending. Even Hotel California makes me teary as it reminds me of when it was popular and I had everything ahead of me.

Perhaps Meatloaf sang it best

But it was long ago and it was far away, oh God it seems so very far
And if life is just a highway, then the soul is just a car
And objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I can never hear an Eagles song without thinking of a New Year's evening many years ago which I spent in the O club in McMurdo listening to the classic "New Kid in Town". That was an entirely mad and wonderful night, which I will never forget.

Not for nothing do we call certain songs the "soundtrack of our lives". Many songs bring back my memories as if they were yesterday, for good and bad, happy and gutwrenchingly sad.

Don't know about you guys, but as I get older, most music I like makes me more sad than happy, as life winds down to the ending. Even Hotel California makes me teary as it reminds me of when it was popular and I had everything ahead of me.

Perhaps Meatloaf sang it best

But it was long ago and it was far away, oh God it seems so very far
And if life is just a highway, then the soul is just a car

Ha ha, good one. Trouble is we are now in a clapped out 60+ year old car on the "Highway To Hell"...

:burp:

• Like 1

On 8/5/2017 at 9:31 PM, madusa said:

Why are doing this to me? I can see from your photo you can't be a good man.

not a good man  ? according to who ? i could care less what you think or may think in the future .  

14 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

Hi guys, 

thought i I would give you the heads up on the end of my relationship with Thailand and all it's horrors and problems. 

Having undergone some some proper medical checkups here I discovered that my knee bone ( long Latin name that I have forgotten) was cracked and as it had set in the wrong place I will now have a limp for a long time in the future. The diagnosis of DVT in the same leg  was correct but was not being treated correctly,that has been addressed. Finally to cap it all my dear wife got back on her high horse, started giving me all the grief and accusations yet again on line so I thanked her, said goodbye and deleted the app. I have a new UK SIM card and doubt very much if she can contact me any more, which is now the plan. 

She pushed me to the limit ( almost an eagles song) from which there is no turning back. 

Now i I can really aim for a full recovery

Glad you have made a decision. Either way the decision is what gives you the direction you need to remove all the wondering that your brain has to endure.

Good luck mate. I hope the knee recovers quickly and you can build that financial buffer to help the future. I hope you can endure the bleak winters. :smile:

• Like 2

On 8/8/2017 at 0:38 AM, Rc2702 said:

Lads any chance you two can reconcile?

Both of you seem like decent chaps wirh maybe different ideas but I see no malice in either of your words and this thread has surprised a fair few thus far so I'm wandering if it can spring a few more and perhaps you can both put differences to one side and do the unthinkable?

Failing that how's about a Glasgow kiss for both of you xxx

What is a Glasgow kiss, never heard of that before.

On 30/07/2017 at 3:29 AM, The Dark Lord said:

All this music talk has has made me break out my black fender strat, something I promised I would never do since I bought it until I could knock out the second solo of Comfortably Numb ( Pulse version) note perfect. Can't do that yet but nailed Time. 

You have a big problem with Dave, he plays loud through Hiwatt amps which stay clean to high volume so has a natural sustain from playing loud a la Hendrix and so not relying so much on front end gain of the amp or distortion pedal use. He would record from the control room of the  studio with a sustain pedal in parallel to the amp feed which then fed an amp & speaker so the guitar would feed back at low volume and get brilliant sustain while sounding really clean through the studio amp. *** amazing.

Edited by sandrabbit
  • Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:23 AM, sandrabbit said:

looks like he's using a Clapton model strat.

heart breaking .............

his last song for his wife.

All my music heroes are dead or nearly. Where are the new ones to take over- nowhere to be found. Music was destroyed by drugs, big business and greed. 'nuff said.

• Like 2