The poisonous Brother in Law

Rc2702

2 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

But would I not have to grow pigtails? Might be a bit tough with my follically challenged barnet.

Sorry did not make it as planned but will do so once I return from tne UK. 

Got some new issues there too adding to my woes.

gotta sign out I am dog tired

cheeers

TDL

Count d'Arco,

At least you are finally out of there.

I have seen this kind of internal struggle going on in a number of foreigners around here before they finally bit the bullet and departed.I remember one Aussie guy continually repeat "Why...why..why...?" when he returned home from doing his 90 day report and discovered that the entire contents of his house had been removed by his wife,BiL and Sil who then went off on a major spree in town.

"Why?" I said.."Because they can."

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

I am not sure if you are referring to my wife as if you are that would be an extremely poor comment to make. I give you the benefit of the doubt in that you are warning me for the future.

for your elucidation I have lived the vast majority of my life out in Asia so don't really need such unwarranted advice but thank you anyway.

It hasnt really helped you, living all those years in Asia. In this case :sad:

3 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

Hi Ody old chum, how has the morning dawned for you? 

Last night i read read your words but I was so dog tired I didn't respond however "ce matain"   feeling considerably more bright eyed and bushy tailed than yesterday I will do so. 

Despite the completely unexpected amount of generosity of spirit ( and pocket) given to me yesterday by the owner of my current abode ( it's his business but I know him from way back, 3rd gen Indian/thai chap and his wife) and being dog tired, I struggled to enter the land of nod as my emotional roller coaster ride was still very much in the forefront wrestling between concern for her future ( very strong) and my somewhat uncharacteristic selfish desire to grasp some happiness in my dotage ( much weaker) 

As I had promised to give my sis the story ( well at least this chapter) I wrote her a pretty massive mail and even reading it this morning again was surprised to note how succinct it was. It took some time to write but served as a sort of therapeutic pressure release and so today I am in a much better fighting spirit. 

Compartmentalised the feelings into individual boxes boxes then put against each box the list of reasons why that feeling was so wrong ( if I am making sense here) trying to even out the + and - in this whole saga. 

Yup the guilt/ pity trip is still there but boy has he lost ground overnight!

Got to grab a quick shower and tootle off out to get my first breakfast of freedom. 

Just want to sign off at this point thanking you guys for the cracking actions when you jumped on to the troll/dwarf/fairy/elf or whatever. Don't know what his problem is, though some ingenious suggestions that put a smile on my ugly chops as did the offered solutions. 

You inow what guys, the sun is shining!

El Darko,

Enjoy your taste of freedom,

Slap your stetson on,buckle up the gunbelt,slip on the boots and go for a gimlet eyed walk down main street.

The pretty senoritas will say.."Ooh, whose that hansum hombre there with his spurs a jinglin' and Spanish dollars in his pocket...?"

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

El Darko,

Slap your stetson on,buckle up the gunbelt,slip on the boots and go for a gimlet eyed walk down main street.

The pretty senoritas will say.."Ooh, whose that hansum hombre there with his spurs a jinglin' and Spanish dollars in his pocket...?"

I don't think he needs anymore........

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

El Darko,

Well one out of three ain't bad Ody old chum

just in case you are confused I do not fit in the criteria of good or bad......

gave me me a cracking chuckle though.

Some cool dudes though..

how r u today old chum?

Edited by The Dark Lord
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yep-the "ignore" button is there for a reason.Use it and your blood pressure magically subsides...

Send him to the "sin" bin.:post-4641-1156693976:

Judging by the likes old " seen the movie, read the book...." guy has given I guess he is just pulling outer tails and perhaps we should not be so sensitive....

what do you think? 

9 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

What is your problem chum? Mummy didn't love you when you were a child ( were a child maybe were is being generous)

i have not seen one positive post from you anywhere on TVF your life seems to be trying to appear smarter somehow better and above everyone else. 

Go troll someone else if that's all you can do in life. 

Where is the love ?

9 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

You really are the gutter rat of trolls boy.

Your a bitter lemon of the highest order. What's the matter did your Mom not bother breast feeding you?

I could really be of use to you, I'd happily drop a big dump in your face if you ever run out of talking shiiiit 

Will you do that before or after you have used mariuhana. You do know that it is illegal in Thailand, right.

1 hour ago, Been there done that said:

Where is the love ?

Listen troll boy what's the deal?

Anyone trying to be clever like you is clearly only experienced in failure and that failure drives you on in your besmirch  campaigns which has been to death by plenty of plonkers like you.

So would you mind explaining why you are the hardest working fool when it comes to trolling?

Rodent 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

Well one out of three ain't bad Ody old chum

just in case you are confused I do not fit in the criteria of good or bad......

gave me me a cracking chuckle though.

Some cool dudes though..

how r u today old chum?

El Darko,

Well..the gimpy leg is giving me a bit of stick today...its the string you see.

Other than that we had a few storms up this way-and several blackouts.The transformer at the top of the street generally blows when the storms come-actually it explodes when a village dog pharts in its general direction.

It is strange that this village collectively looks across the river at quite a modern city but here the  calendar ceased to function circa 1460 and has never been fixed..

I hope that you are relaxing and kickin' back at the moment.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

This has been an interesting read. Before I jumped into this thread, I wanted to see how things panned out. I want to wish TDL the best for the coming future.

Been here for ten years. Seven years in one relationship. It taught me a lot about Thai people. Sometime back I left my last partner because of just toxic reasons and of my sexuality. Many things written here have resounded with me. I loved my partner very much. The saddest day in my life was when I packed one bag, left a great business and a house I built with my own hands behind me. That hurt so much as I loved this person, but I knew in time, I was just wasting effort. It was mostly my fault as I knew too much now about this damn country, the fact the family could not bully me anymore, and I was young enough to get this right.

I should have got out years before; I had a brick thrown at my head in a public park after a hissy fit a few years prior in front of a lot of people, and I should have gone then, but in many ways, I was in love and maybe scared of this person. We all think we can work things out, but sometimes, it is just not possible.

I took that sadness and everything I learnt about this country and the people and vowed never to get put back into such a position. I did not want to leave Thailand, and I did not want to be lonely, but I knew just about all the drawbacks after eight years that this country has to offer. That eight years of knowledge brought me after literally meeting 100's of women (and yes, many just wanted security and did not give a damn about me) me now to my current wife. I had learnt enough to blanket out all the rubbish and for me to be the person in power. I am finally with a decent human-being. It is possible.

I feel for all you guys here. I am content now but nights like tonight and reading all of this gave me the insight that I am still very much hurt over my past mistakes here in Thailand. That what I did was right, but it still hurts, and I did destroy someone's life leaving in the process, and it leaves you much like TDL says, battered, confused and mostly for a long time, in shock.

I have seen it all here; friends knifed by the girlfriends, houses locked out, BIL's that were in fact boyfriends. If you are in a toxic situation, you're the only one that can get yourself out of it. Mostly, what most of us have given up to start again here in Thailand, very few can do. Most men I know leave within three years. 

This is to TDL; that feeling of walking out and leaving them with what you feel is nothing is something that even to this day is hard to shake for me as it proves we are good people and that we do have a heart. Do not let it get to you because from my personal experience it eats slowly into your mind. You self-doubt; many things will never be the same. My ex is now living a very, very hard life. For her, it was not quite back to zero for her due to our house and business; she fell a great height in front of her friends and family, and now, she cannot even get a 100 baht loan off any of them. She is now regarded as useless as she lost her farang. That loss of Face was her undoing, and some of that was my fault, and I attain to that fact. 

It also makes me understand that the hurt that I feel even tonight in leaving her in an unfortunate predicament, it was better than another fight or a chance of a brick in the head. The problem is for a long time you may view things through Rose Coloured Glasses. Just see the good times. It is funny how our mind works. Remembering the bad stuff is hard to do. Well for me, it is or was like that. I still remember the first lunch I had with her on a beautiful lake. The laughter and the fun of that afternoon linger almost ten years later. It is just how our mind works, but it all passes in time.

All our stories are complicated but just one day at a time from this point on. Tears will come, heartache at times will follow and so will feelings of guilt. I had them all but time believe me heals everything. I do not open up like this on a public forum. Doing this on ThaiVisa is like committing suicide and inviting attacks by those with ill intentions of the gang of ''I told you so'', but I do hope this helps others in some sense.

Best of luck.

Dear TTU, I had to read your post twice, as I could not believe how utterly honest and well written it was. Some clown next door ( I am eating dinner)  was playing Roberta Flack's Killing me softly which to my mind was just the absolute most perfect music to have played whilst reading your post. 

Despite someone throwing  shed loads of money at my education, I could not have written anything that could remotely compare to your post likewise most of Ody's, Trans, Wise Owl and the likes but I do have a heart and am subject, like most of the posters on this thread, to a vast range of emotions, some of which I only discovered ( let's say) in the recent past.

however I digress. 

I salute you, your honesty, your strength of character, your ingrained and deep recognition of what a human should do for another, no matter what. 

I will not ramble on like I do on occasions other than to say both welcome to the thread with  your momentous contribution and a very sincere thank you. 

I leave my new chums and moral supporters to put into words that which I struggle to do.

:thumbsup: 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yes-I will have certain fond memories of Thailand but really require to step out of it and face the hard yards.

I have already tried to take into account a certain degree of culture shock upon my return because I know that certain conversations will go like this..

"Where yer been?"

"I've been living in Thailand.."

"Yeah-what's that like?"

"Good...very colourful..elephants..water buffalo..pretty women.."

"Not as good as 'stralya..mate..not as good as OZ!

Sigh-I wish  I was back in the land of mad monks...

there you go again Ody, leaving me looking like a complete ignoramus! Where is the land if the mad monks old boy? 

I may may be captain thicko or it may be just a senior moment but all I could think of was Mad Monk beer I used to drink in the UK and there gis no way a dyed in the wool Aussie is going to get sentimental about the old land... 

so go on old chum, break me out if my misery, where is it?

do try and put some of your experiences down "on paper" , could even be a combined collection of short stories , I am actually warming more to the idea as within even this small cross section of sufferers on this thread, there is a hint of intrigue hilarity, abject despondency and such strength of character refusing to be bowed even in the face of such insurmountable  adversity all within just "we few"

The Eclectic Expats ( a collection of short stories from the land of surprises)

i would need a ghost  writer for my contributions again for two reasons

1) My command of my mother tongue often lets me down

2) The mention of a Pee (ghost) will keep "the one" away for a while.

I mean,  just read most of the last 30 pages of posts ( after we changed direction a bit) and there are some beauties lurking just behind the posts just itching to be released

gotta sign off for a bit to go home ( hotel) to try and sleep tonight. 

Chat later guys 

all the best

TDL

Edited by The Dark Lord
  • Like 1

To think that before this thread I thought this only happened to me, that either I did something wrong, or I was extremely unlucky in my choice of wife. Aaaaargh! Now you guys tell me......

Still I do not understand why this happened to us.

Did we not see the signs when we first met them?

Did they manage to control their psychosis when we first met them?

Did we somehow encourage them to lose all brakes ?

Yes, in Farangland there are nutters too, and divorces can get ugly, but what happened to us here is "hors categorie", in English that's maybe "in a league of it's own".

And I am not referring to the lazy BiL from the beginning of this thread.

I am talking about the women that we once truly loved, and actually still care for.

I spent 3 years in Polynesia. Nothing comparable to this ever happened to me there.

• Like 2