The poisonous Brother in Law

Rc2702

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't think he means this thread. Plenty of threads on other subforums that deal with rubbish but get dozens of pages of replies.

The "forum" applies to all of TVF, not just this sub forum.

Incorrect he had made a fair few remarks targeting the posters within this thread.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Been there done that said:

Ifso, only at you.

Stop smoking pot. Better for you.

Get to an AA meeting quick you dim wit. Your the one with the most problems here I suspect. I continue to furnish your bitter remarks where most put you on ignore. It's those few remarks you say that make me certain your that nut job from the family forum. What's his name? Yh you know who you are as do I Ben. Lol absolute fruitcake.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

Hi oh wise one, 

been away Way from the forum for a while mostly to get my head on straight( more of that later) but just to give myself a break from all things Thai. 

First thing i realised bavk here here was that I was living in a bubble of self delusion over in LoS, second thing that hit home was the cost of things over here.

after signing up with a cracking doctor ( both professionally and visually) she gave me the once over. As our chum Trans would say a complete MOT  but sadly stopped short of an" oil change"

anyway she kicked up a stink stink that I had to pay £70 to see her ( worth every penny, really she is) and got me NHS'd very quickly. The MOT turned up a series of very worrying things including that I had recently had a heart attack ( not surprised when she felt my leg for the DVT) but I was seriously unaware of it. She found all sorts of minor and a few worrying things which she is taking on as a sort of project. In a moment of self pity I suggested I should save the NHS money and take up my Brother in laws offer of borrowing his rope and using the hanging tree at the bottom of the garden. Her response was to put on the stern secraterial look, peer over her glasses and tell me " you will die when I tell you to die and not before!"

oh God I think I am in love...............

Apparently the medical care in Khorat is not up to scratch but, and in answer to your point about the NHS, here ut is free, good and there are some awesome nurses and doctors sashaying around. I have no reason to fault the NHS  especially if it means multiple trips to see my doctor. 

Oh oh and there was another thing, she has recommended that I consider psyciatric help (I dont think it is because I become a weak kneed jibbering wreck of a schoolboy in a strip joint when I see her) because I inadvertently blurted out the real reason for my return to the UK in one sentence. She was shocked, and after a few superbly worded questions ( oh she us not only massively attractive but clever with it too) she pulled the truth out of me. 

Long way way to go but I am now riding in style!

Hi TDL,

Glad to hear you are getting "seen to" by the lady doctor.

No surprise you had to pay first time, but beware, anyone away over 2 to 5 years now can be charged for treatment as far as I understand, and that was just a check-up/consultation.

You will also find waiting lists for surgery (should that be necessary) are long again. I also had to laugh (sorry) that they suggest you have had a (probably said mini) heart attack. I bet she has you on Warfarin? Anyone in NHS care over 50 is likely to be prescribed it (rat poison derivative that thins the blood). You will bleed like a stuck pig from a shaving cut, and likely have severe headaches if you drink (worse than a hangover). I was misdiagnosed a few years back with retina damage due to a mini stroke, when in fact I have a cataract, and prescribed Warfarin.

Where you are living in the UK things might be better though, but I can tell you it isn't all luscious doctors and nurses and good medicine in the north. At 92 years old my mother spent 10 hours in an A&E cubicle after a fall, and died two weeks later in a ward, while some of the nurses down the hall were having a party.

Anyway, take care,

I wish you all the best.

George.

• Like 2

Just now, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Hi TDL,

Glad to hear you are getting "seen to" by the lady doctor.

No surprise you had to pay first time, but beware, anyone away over 2 to 5 years now can be charged for treatment as far as I understand, and that was just a check-up/consultation.

You will also find waiting lists for surgery (should that be necessary) are long again. I also had to laugh (sorry) that they suggest you have had a (probably said mini) heart attack. I bet she has you on Warfarin? Anyone in NHS care over 50 is likely to be prescribed it (rat poison derivative that thins the blood). You will bleed like a stuck pig from a shaving cut, and likely have severe headaches if you drink (worse than a hangover). I was misdiagnosed a few years back with retina damage due to a mini stroke, when in fact I have a cataract, and prescribed Warfarin.

Where you are living in the UK things might be better though, but I can tell you it isn't all luscious doctors and nurses and good medicine in the north. At 92 years old my mother spent 10 hours in an A&E cubicle after a fall, and died two weeks later in a ward, while some of the nurses down the hall were having a party.

Anyway, take care,

I wish you all the best.

George.

92 and an absolutely great innings. She was in A&E and they were partiyng away?  

You sure she was not in a ward for pallative care? 

I know aproximately 15 nurses and umpteen doctors in and around London. St John's, Gosh etc and none of them work there for a wage they are hard core there up for it and regardless of the state of NHS funds they bloody well work for you and me TO THE END  and I'm kind of sick to be repeating my ex's words but I never saw her walk through the door before 9.30pm after starting at 8am and we lived 1 mile from her hospital and it annoyed me but nurses need a break too and if more could be done I do not doubt it would have been, not for a second.

My ex lost her father a giant of a man who had leukemia for 30 years and still built a family and successful biz around his illness, 3 hour dialysis sessions in hospital abroad etc for 30 years and at 67 he passed fighting and still yearning a spicy meal.

In between his wife was suffering from dementia and the last two years  of her life were spent trying to stop her getting naked whilst eating dinner. 3 months after john passed she passed. The biggest mistake made was the private care.  The NHS is the absolute pride of the British.  I'm not talking about the politics or the strategies of the funding cuts I'm talking about the people who enter into it and the all them folks could have gone onto be anything but what they are.

They do not do it for the money or the pension or overtime (unless they do BANK) those people are in it to preserve life to save lives and to feel good about what they do and TDL's example is up there but I'm sorry sir i don't think you portray the truth of the matters as they should be.

I lost my father at 40 and you talk of your loss like it was anything but expected. Your points concern me and I detect a certain negative when you could be celebrating those points. I'm sorry to say but it seems ungrateful. 

Edited by Rc2702

On 04/07/2017 at 4:29 AM, owl sees all said:

The US Ambassador to Thailand spent 17 years in Thailand back in the 1960s and 1970s. In his telex (remember those)  reports he constantly referred to Thailand as the "Land of secrets and half-truths". (Source Wikileaks). That was at the higher levels of Thai society.

It's little wonder some are struggling with the problems in the villages. Understanding what is really going on and trying to decipher the truth within families is very difficult, and stressful, at times.

A similar way of thinking from top to bottom. Just look at the nonsense put out by governments and the smoke screens on the news.

Sorry to say but I normally call Bull shiiit on whatever I am told and then get the truth out the Mrs.  Like the absolute gem. My new BIL married my Sil and save 60k baht for there sin sod. They present the cash + some gold and the geezer had to ask for 3k back yo cover his travel. The half truth I hear is "he asked for money" I investigate further and withing 15 minutes all sistets agree he should get at least 10 back without question. The half truths indeed. I just call bull shiit until it makes sense

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

92 and an absolutely great innings. She was in A&E and they were partiyng away?  

You sure she was not in a ward for pallative care? 

I know aproximately 15 nurses and umpteen doctors in and around London. St John's, Gosh etc and none of them work there for a wage they are hard core there up for it and regardless of the state of NHS funds they bloody well work for you and me TO THE END  and I'm kind of sick to be repeating my ex's words but I never saw her walk through the door before 9.30pm after starting at 8am and we lived 1 mile from her hospital and it annoyed me but nurses need a break too and if more could be done I do not doubt it would have been, not for a second.

My ex lost her father a giant of a man who had leukemia for 30 years and still built a family and successful biz around his illness, 3 hour dialysis sessions in hospital abroad etc for 30 years and at 67 he passed fighting and still yearning a spicy meal.

In between his wife was suffering from dementia and the last two years  of her life were spent trying to stop her getting naked whilst eating dinner. 3 months after john passed she passed. The biggest mistake made was the private care.  The NHS is the absolute pride of the British.  I'm not talking about the politics or the strategies of the funding cuts I'm talking about the people who enter into it and the all them folks could have gone onto be anything but what they are.

They do not do it for the money or the pension or overtime (unless they do BANK) those people are in it to preserve life to save lives and to feel good about what they do and TDL's example is up there but I'm sorry sir i don't think you portray the truth of the matters as they should be.

I lost my father at 40 and you talk of your loss like it was anything but expected. Your points concern me and I detect a certain negative when you could be celebrating those points. I'm sorry to say but it seems ungrateful. 

I understand your comments, and apologise if it came across as a criticism of the staff at the NHS. My mother had a private room down the hall as I said and I doubt it caused her any problem in her last hours. There was nothing they could have done anyway.

I have known and had relationships with several doctors and nurses that worked very long and difficult hours at NHS hospitals. I also know others that work in theater computer systems and psychiatric and dementia wards.

One staff nurse caring for my mother was very concerned. That unfortunately, as you might have experienced, meant I was phoned quite often when she was on duty to come to the hospital 20 miles away, sometimes in the middle of the night, only to find she was stable again. She was very caring, thoughtful and concerned. She was one of the  staff the family thanked unreservedly, me included. I have nothing but respect for her like.

My personal misdiagnoses etc is a different kettle of fish however.

The management and funding is where the problem lies, but then we get into politics as you say.

So, I hope you understand what I am talking about.

G

PS. I lost my 2nd wife at 24 when I was 35 and was left with my son to bring up alone. Please don't try to compare loss of a loved one.

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Had to chuckle at your plea for us to share our life stories. Perhaps they should have a sub forum for that.

However, while I have had a very interesting life, lived in many countries, been places few others have been, done amazing things, out of all the people I know, not one single person has ever asked me to tell my stories, or look at my photos.

I've been coming to Thailand for over 20 years, a place where millions of people pay loads of money to visit, and nobody I worked with, or knew back home, has asked me a single question about it.

Perhaps the saddest thing about dying is that no one else really knows us, and all that we are vanishes when we are not around to remember it.

I know when I die, they will just throw my personal stuff away, including my thousands of photos from all over the world. Pity, but like they say, life is s*** and then you die.

Your's is a very intriguing post and,to a certain extent,mirrors my own experiences in life.I am going to think more about it and get back to you..

"rage,rage against the dying of the light.."

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I worked with many of them, and they are qualified, hard working nurses, but their culture is very different in the ward.

Please explain about the culture differences TBL. Very interesting!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Please explain about the culture differences TBL. Very interesting!

Only talking about the Phillipinos- they are all university trained and will carry out Dr's orders to the letter. Never in my experience question authority, even if that is not in the patients best interest. Over the years, I had many disputes with Drs over patient care.

Not to disparage them at all. Wonderful, friendly people that work hard, but work to rule, and some of nursing is off the rule book.

Having said that, I'd rather have them than some of the other nationalities that were brought in to make up the numbers, but don't ask about them. That's a swamp too far to get into in public.

• Like 2

Thanks for that TBL.

At my daughter's school the English, Maths and part of the Science programme is taught by Phillipinos. When ever I discuss things with them they listen intentively and I get positive feedback.

The daughter's first school (she stayed for two years) getting anyone; teacher, admin, or nun to debate a point with was virtually impossible.

• Like 1