36-member police reform committee set up

webfact

6 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

I gave a good look at my balls this afternoon and nope...they are not made of crystal.:wai:

The point here is...who knows?....the reforms could work out?..perhaps?...maybe?

You can roughly judge just how serious the junta is on to police reform by their procrastination when they announced major police reform days after they staged the coup back in 2014. 

Amidst all the justified negativity I grasped one small positive. Gen Boonsrang Niampradit was a graduate of the West Point Military Academy in the USA. Therefore I presume his English is as good as that of the Sultan of Brunei and King Abdullah II of Jordan. 

After all that's what the P.M. wants, I believe

12 hours ago, colinneil said:

Thats 36 more snouts in the trough.

What a total waste of time, reform will never happen, a fact which everybody knows.

why oh why oh why .....?

10 hours ago, webfact said:

making him a prime candidate for the new role to reform police in 3 aspects; structure, investigation processes and officer management.

So, who is going to stop the highway robbery,  bribery, bias and incompetence?

I guess they will have a different committee for that...

21 hours ago, colinneil said:

Yes a negative comment, the police here are corrupt, and that will not be changed by any committee.

You expect me to post positive about this, after being done over by the police here twice.

Cheated out of any chance of compensation, after my accident because of a corrupt policeman lying.

They're no different here than everywhere else, justa little more blatant, A commttee might at least add sophistication and come up with something like a Police Act.

There is a wide spread belief in the corporate world if you want nothing done and do not want change, form a committee. The bigger the committee the less result.There are management consultant companies all over the world who specalise in restructuring.If the PM is serious he would not have chosen the path he has.Another smoke screen.

There is a wide spread belief in the corporate world if you want nothing done and do not want change, form a committee. The bigger the committee the less result.There are management consultant companies all over the world who specalise in restructuring.If the PM is serious he would not have chosen the path he has.Another smoke screen.

On ‎5‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:04 AM, scorecard said:

Negative comment straight up.

They just can't help themselves.  Why can't they wait and see what happens.  We all know there is corruption in Thailand but not everyone is on the take. :wai: 

Yeah, but.  . . 

Anybody notice the similarity in appearance and dress between one of the guys in the photo and the late Chairman Mao?

Edited by Krataiboy

I did not see any reference to personal accountability and responsibility being addressed. :post-4641-1156693976: Surely if you want a good police force these parameters also need to be clearly defined, monitored without fear or favour? :whistling:

Otherwise it seems that this 'exercise' is merely one of obfuscation. TIT?