Baht to Sterling

ideally the bank that is holding it.

presumably they would know it was your visa fund be aware that it came from out of the country and allow you to repatriate the cash via wire transfer.

1 hour ago, HooHaa said:

ideally the bank that is holding it.

presumably they would know it was your visa fund be aware that it came from out of the country and allow you to repatriate the cash via wire transfer.

Thanks again - its K Bank will ask them.

6 minutes ago, meatboy said:

if its been in the bank for quite awhile,todays pound for bht.is around 45.6 so what rate did you recieve bht.for pound.

I have not exchanged yet as still fixing return date to UK.

When I placed the money the baht buying rate was at 53 to gbp,, so selling rate would have been around 55.

The rate has been to 42 buying / 44 selling so yes I did see my deposit increase in value, plus the interest.

Last I looked sterling was 45 buying.

Not sure what will happen to sterling, there could even be another election seeing that May is doing such a good job ( sic ).

if we were to pack up and sell everything we would be looking at making a tidy sum,most of our assets were bought at 67-72bht.per.gbp. so at least you are on the right side of the fence.

if i was you,i would draw out the cash [unless you have an international ex.cert.] and cash it at super rich.

3 hours ago, meatboy said:

if we were to pack up and sell everything we would be looking at making a tidy sum,most of our assets were bought at 67-72bht.per.gbp. so at least you are on the right side of the fence.

if i was you,i would draw out the cash [unless you have an international ex.cert.] and cash it at super rich.

Thanks 'meatboy'.

Yes I too remember 72 baht, I have been coming here for work every month or living here since 1996.

I guess with Thailand's inflation rate of around 12% ( if you look at all things including reduced contents in packed foods etc ) England now, may not be such a bad bet in some ways.    Except for the weather !

Super Rich sounds the best.

6 hours ago, meatboy said:

What do you do after that? Is it OK to  Carry the cash back in your pockets? 

4 hours ago, speedtripler said:

What do you do after that? Is it OK to  Carry the cash back in your pockets? 

As long as you have records and declare it at point of entry to UK as more than 10k Euro equivalent -

https://www.gov.uk/bringing-cash-into-uk

and if you are not worried about losing it, it being stolen or you being mugged at some point en route..................:crazy:

4 minutes ago, topt said:

As long as you have records and declare it at point of entry to UK as more than 10k Euro equivalent -

https://www.gov.uk/bringing-cash-into-uk

and if you are not worried about losing it, it being stolen or you being mugged at some point en route..................:crazy:

I am not too worried about being mugged in Thailand or the UK... 

I was wondering if you are allowed to fly with 800k or equivalent in your pocket.... 

There isn't really time for arguments when you have a plane to catch, a receipt from superRich is not much of a legal document when  you are caught with a lot of money between countries... 

7 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

I am not too worried about being mugged in Thailand or the UK... 

I was wondering if you are allowed to fly with 800k or equivalent in your pocket.... 

There isn't really time for arguments when you have a plane to catch, a receipt from superRich is not much of a legal document when  you are caught with a lot of money between countries... 

Bank book showing deposit and withdrawal, matching amount from currency exchange place. Check requirements for leaving Thailand otherwise UK end should not be an issue if you have done everything correctly.

Can you legally fly with that or more - yes. Would I do it - no.

Archived