Netizens Rage Over Dog Killed In Truck Hit-And-Run

snoop1130

20 minutes ago, kannot said:

you know daily you are  killing probably  millions of  living things, every step, every breath its  just you cant see it or its  sad  puppy eyes

Well... I do agree that most people have a high degree of 'sentimentality' when it comes to animals (especially THEIR animals). Real animal lovers don't eat them. Anyway I don't think very many intentionally hurt animals but just remain in ignorance of the abuses that take place daily in every abattoir to supply their neatly packaged food. Back on topic? if the guy intentionally ran over the dog it is a crime BUT that does not negate the fact that Thais are irresponsible.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I admire you for being a vegetarian.

I eat very little meat, but I can not give it up completely.

Weird really, as in my el cheapo backpacking years I never ate meat (I could not afford it).

Thank you. It's actually very easy and I never, ever think about it. I started at 17 when it was unfashionable for ethical/philosophical reasons and I have done several 'not-so-great' things in my life but this one thing I do feel an achievement and I'm proud to have done it but I'm NOT a sentimentalist, as are most people who think they are 'animal lovers', and euthanizing sick animals gives me no ethical concerns at all. I find most humans hypocrites but there you go... that's the human race. 

11 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Are you a vegetarian or a hypocrite?

It's just a personal choice, you know.

Neither. I eat meat although not a great deal, the meat I do eat I try a much as is reasonably practical to ensure has come from ethical supply chains. Meat comes from farms, not supermarkets.

11 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Sounds like ME.

I recently killed some mosquitos, was happy with the result and therefore now seriously thinking of upgrading to dogs, and one day humans.

As you suggest, it is an unbreakable, undeniable chain of events.

Your logic must make it easy to fit in with Thailand.

My exact words were; "it would also not surprise me if he does it to a person in the future" That reads to you that I'm suggesting "it is an unbreakable, undeniable chain of events"? 

Again, it would not surprise me if he went on to do similar to a person in the future.

11 hours ago, kannot said:

you know daily you are  killing probably  millions of  living things, every step, every breath its  just you cant see it or its  sad  puppy eyes

Now this is one of the more idiotic posts I have read on Thaivisa, there is something called 'intent', though you may have trouble understanding it's meaning with your simplistic views, you may as well ask someone why they got cancer if they don't like it.

The footage suggests the poor dog suffered for only a few seconds. Still, the truck driver had an opportunity to show positive human qualities = stopping, tooting his  horn or going around the poor animal. Sadly, he chose to show less regard for a fellow living creature than a soi dog might. The bastard deserves to be publicly shamed. I wonder what his children (if any) might think of his actions?

1 minute ago, sandemara said:

The footage suggests the poor dog suffered for only a few seconds. Still, the truck driver had an opportunity to show positive human qualities = stopping, tooting his  horn or going around the poor animal. Sadly, he chose to show less regard for a fellow living creature than a soi dog might. The bastard deserves to be publicly shamed. I wonder what his children (if any) might think of his actions?

His children are just as sh*t as him. Mark my word.

On 7/5/2017 at 9:41 PM, poohy said:

Sad for the dog! stupid driver but typical thai owner if its not on your premises its on a lead!

oh silly me where am i? 

Ps i have 2 large hounds  that are always kept on our property here in the country as although big and loving both mutts are not particularly motorcycle or overly Thai friendly 

We have it on good authority local Thais  would not like to come to our house, because of the big noisy black dogs , and that that's just the way i want it

same here, got a big black beast :), always on my property and if out with me on a leash, and indeed keeps lots of people away. love it :)....Thais should learn this.....instead of let them being negligent and let their dogs crate a burden on the rest of society.

Same with the do gooders who feed the strays,......if they love dogs so much well take them home or get them neutered.......feeding these strays is not helping at all ! 

4 minutes ago, likewise said:

same here, got a big black beast :), always on my property and if out with me on a leash, and indeed keeps lots of people away. love it :)....Thais should learn this.....instead of let them being negligent and let their dogs crate a burden on the rest of society.

Same with the do gooders who feed the strays,......if they love dogs so much well take them home or get them neutered.......feeding these strays is not helping at all ! 

Agreed.

On 7/5/2017 at 7:13 PM, observer90210 said:

Some countries have laws requiring owners to go through a training and exam process before getting the permission to get a dog...

forget not, we live in a third world country; do not expect too much

On 7/8/2017 at 6:59 PM, Laab Muu said:

Neither. I eat meat although not a great deal, the meat I do eat I try a much as is reasonably practical to ensure has come from ethical supply chains. Meat comes from farms, not supermarkets.

My exact words were; "it would also not surprise me if he does it to a person in the future" That reads to you that I'm suggesting "it is an unbreakable, undeniable chain of events"? 

Again, it would not surprise me if he went on to do similar to a person in the future.

Now this is one of the more idiotic posts I have read on Thaivisa, there is something called 'intent', though you may have trouble understanding it's meaning with your simplistic views, you may as well ask someone why they got cancer if they don't like it.

I eat meat, but the take over of halal in many supermarkets does worry me. Kosher meat animals are killed in a similar way, which I also consider barbaric. Kosher doesn't include pigs though, and I eat mostly pork, but religion has a lot to say in how humans eat, not just the animal protectionists. Vegans should do there thing, feed their children properly and stop preaching to everyone else.