Govt Backtracks Over Weak Basis For Threatening Facebook, Again

snoop1130

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, smedly said:

for gods sake, stop this control nonsense, people have a right to free speech and to be able to express themselves  - if you are a target then you need to ask yourself why, yes there are limits to what should be allowed by people with sinister motives but the general population are just voicing opinions - if you don't like it then get out of the public eye

You cannot silence 7 billion people that live on this planet..........you cannot silence the 70 million that live in Thailand - you cannot silence anyone...................be seen to be doing the right thing and nobody will have much to say about it.  

Well said but this is the way all Juntas work , its surprising you thought this one would be any different.

11 hours ago, madmitch said:

Military Governments are supposed to be strong but backtracking is a sign of weak Government and this lot have made more u-turns in three years than most Thai drivers!

So what do we have in charge?

Blakey would sort everything out !

18 hours ago, smedly said:

for gods sake, stop this control nonsense, people have a right to free speech and to be able to express themselves  - if you are a target then you need to ask yourself why, yes there are limits to what should be allowed by people with sinister motives but the general population are just voicing opinions - if you don't like it then get out of the public eye

You cannot silence 7 billion people that live on this planet..........you cannot silence the 70 million that live in Thailand - you cannot silence anyone...................be seen to be doing the right thing and nobody will have much to say about it.  

I know you don't like me and some others on here also, but please! Don't you see what we have been shouting ourselves hoarse about, all this time?

But now it is pretty much too late. Stories such as these will continue to roll in and the opportunities to criticise will become fewer and fewer. The country is under increasing lock down and it isn't much to do about the Shinawatra family now, I don't think. A whole new paranoid era has begun, with various influential clans salvaging what they can from it.

19 hours ago, dcnx said:

They will have a very difficult time overtaking WeChat, which is superior to Facebook in many ways. I don't think FB would be able to beat WeChat in the Chinese arena. The Chinese eat, sleep, and breath WeChat and use it for daily life, investing, getting taxis, movie tickets, train and air tickets, gifting, and so on, all from a single app that already deep in bed with the government. I wish old Zuck the best trying to crack that nut.

The Chinese want Facebook now. Sure WeChat is big in China as it was developed there and used by almost 1 billion people. But even if only half of them choose to use Facebook thats an increase of 25%. It will happen overnight if FB is ever allowed in. China wants to join the world. I don't think Zuck's too worried.

On 2017-7-5 at 8:12 PM, clockman said:

World champions at back flips. The Thai face is getting faceless!

You and I and everyone not subject to the Thai education system and propagandised from birth can see the perfectly obvious truth to this. But I'm coming to understand that it isn't a question of Thais ignoring their own stupidity and Keystone Kops tendency, it's the case that they genuinely do not see it. They don't recognise stupidity.

Same as my dawg really, the only thing it recognises is eating, pooping and licking it's scrotum. Just doesn't recognise anything else, which sort of insulates it against feeling embarrassed.

Edited by Ivor Edwards

"also a chairman of the committee on OTT media regulation"

In most of our countries they would not be transparent to the point of calling the censorship police Over The Top media regulation.

Edited by Momofarang