snoop1130

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/9/2017 at 11:05 AM, colinneil said:

Who is their right mind would ever consider going back to the UK?

With all the lying, thieving, corrupt clowns now running the place the UK is doomed.

At least in Thailand everybody knows that corruption is going on, and make some feeble attempts to stop it.

Whereas in the  UIK, they always try to appear whiter than white, which is just a smoke screen.

Cynical but 1000% correct

Interesting stats on colinneil, 16193 plus likes on 4500 posts, seriously impressive, maybe the highest ratio on TV, something I use to evaluate a posters quality

1 hour ago, garbolino said:

The best thing about the UK is that PEOPLE have the brains to drive PROPERLY unlike here, no one has respect for fellow road users/drivers and in the Uk never see 4 or 5 on a motorbike.....!!!

How strange that you should say that.

The local paper that I read online has anywhere between 5 and 10 accident reports a day. That includes stolen vehicles, less likely in Thailand, drunk and drug using , drivers, even hit and run drivers.

This does not include the numerous drivers using their mobiles, texting, speeding, having no licence or insurance or the instance of the lady who was late for a wedding reception and who overtook a truck on the hatched lines whilst speeding and who neatly hit a roundabout, flew over most of it and her car ended up on its roof.

She survived as did her young daughter who was sceurely strapped in.

That is only a sample from one newspaper in one town in the UK.

There are many examples of road rage in the UK as well.

Granted it would be rare to see 3 or 4 on a motorbike but that doesn't stop stupid bikers from overtaking dangerously.

On July 9, 2017 at 0:15 PM, ginjag said:

Remember out here you get no increment increase in your pension,     in Phil  you do  ?      so since 2007 my pension is still at 87 quid.- go back and you do not get NHS for 1 year,  amazing UK.

Correct regarding the unfairness of frozen pensions. Regarding the NHS, you can obtain emergency treatment as a visitor. If you are a British citizen you can obtain all the benefits of the NHS from day one, if you can prove, that it is your intention to return to the UK permanently. No need to Waite for one year.

Just now, nontabury said:

Correct regarding the unfairness of frozen pensions. Regarding the NHS, you can obtain emergency treatment as a visitor. If you are a British citizen you can obtain all the benefits of the NHS from day one, if you can prove, that it is your intention to return to the UK permanently. No need to Waite for one year.

Just saying,  how can you prove that it is YOUR INTENTION to return  ??     Oh yes you can get emergency treatment--PAY LATER.  Love the word visitor   -----My homeland,   15 -65 years working, strange how civil servants pensions are not capped   ???

5 minutes ago, ginjag said:

Just saying,  how can you prove that it is YOUR INTENTION to return  ??     Oh yes you can get emergency treatment--PAY LATER.  Love the word visitor   -----My homeland,   15 -65 years working, strange how civil servants pensions are not capped   ???

Your statement should be sufficient .... coupled with the fact that you probably have the appearance of an ageing white, Anglo Saxon.

I doubt that any interrogation will go too deep.

1 minute ago, ginjag said:

This is very relevant to me, I may be facing more big medical bills say 1.0M plus here in BKK, I am 72 plus, I am not insured, and that is very OK with me

The UK is my last resort, and I have been advised by a substantial Benevolent Association, if I have to ever return for medical care and cancer hospice , I will be taken care of, and all I have to do is declare I am staying

I believe and hope I will never be forced to test this

1 minute ago, al007 said:

This is very relevant to me, I may be facing more big medical bills say 1.0M plus here in BKK, I am 72 plus, I am not insured, and that is very OK with me

The UK is my last resort, and I have been advised by a substantial Benevolent Association, if I have to ever return for medical care and cancer hospice , I will be taken care of, and all I have to do is declare I am staying

Your advisers are correct.

11 minutes ago, ginjag said:

You'll get no disagreement with me, for what you say.

Regarding proving your intentions to return. Cancelation of your house lease or sale in Thailand. Similarly showing a rental agreement or property purchase in the UK. En- rolment of children into a UK school etc,. 

15 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Regarding proving your intentions to return. Cancelation of your house lease or sale in Thailand. Similarly showing a rental agreement or property purchase in the UK. En- rolment of children into a UK school etc,. 

Maybe if I tell them I am a threatened immigrant,  they will house me,  give me free medical   ha ha     I just re-applied for my driving licence as it was running out..    same words---" sorry you cannot --because you not normally reside here---<deleted>.  

11 minutes ago, ginjag said:

I just re-applied for my driving licence as it was running out..    same words---" sorry you cannot --because you not normally reside here---<deleted>.  

Do you need a UK licience, probably no

Keep a copy of the refusal so if you ever drive there again, so long as you have Thai licience difficult to touch you

No more penalty points

Keep Smiling do a list of the good things in your life

be lucky

3 minutes ago, al007 said:

Do you need a UK licience, probably no

Keep a copy of the refusal so if you ever drive there again, so long as you have Thai licience difficult to touch you

No more penalty points

Keep Smiling do a list of the good things in your life

be lucky

Probably yes when Hiring a car there on a visit.  DVLC say the Thai licence is valid 1 year only, then I have to maybe take another test   ha ha ha

Do you mean I have a list of bad things  ???    ha ha ha

48 minutes ago, nontabury said:

A bit tricky is that.

I don't rent in Thailand and the house and land are in my wife's name, and she would prefer to stay here rather than live in a B&B in the UK whilst waiting for me to get social housing.

I can't enrol my son in a school in the UK until I can get him into the country and he won't come without his Mum.

I also would prefer to stay in Thailand so that is what will happen.

1 hour ago, al007 said:

problem is you may suffer for many other things from burst appendix to chronic multiple strokes. You cant pretend your fine and hop on a plane.

cancer is unfortunately sometimes the best option for uninsured older guys

18 hours ago, maxcorrigan said:

I think EU expats get the increases, but there seems to be no consistency i don't think Aussie expats get the increases, but US expats do, someone put me right if i am wrong!

I believe they get it in Australia but not New Zealand (read not so long ago)

35 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

problem is you may suffer for many other things from burst appendix to chronic multiple strokes. You cant pretend your fine and hop on a plane.

cancer is unfortunately sometimes the best option for uninsured older guys

Doom and gloom, will not get me

Appendix been there done that taken out 66yrs ago

Today still bouncing around, and some bonking !! too !!

Remember living is guarenteed terminal

Multiple strokes ok let me die

In any case my wish would at some undefined time to die here where I live happily

Only been retired 26 yrs, two expensive divorces( in retirement, and one before) have not wiped me out, had to do them to find greater happiness than I have ever had, wife number four just for today, so far so good

Cruised the world on my own boat 14 yrs, when I finally let it go lost over a million on it, but still here, I made the money and enjoyed it too

Been there done that, even survived addiction to too many Mercedes at one time !!

I live in the day, I evaluate risk, I plan for emergencies that hopefully never happen

As my loving wife says, I am too difficult for God to take at the moment He does not yet have the time for me

In life aim high go for it, it is what you make it

Do not want to get to the Pearly Gates in mint condition, prefer to be crawling in just hanging on

I have two different cancers honestly no big deal

God Bless   Stay positive;    Keep Smiling;    Be Loving;   Be Kind and Love oneself a little

Apologies had to respond, to what I consider negativity

15 minutes ago, huawei said:

So many criticise the uk, but not their own failings. Come here and think they are doing Thailand a favour..they are not.

So So very true, but they take them selves with them

We have to let them go; and concentrate on the happy ones

life is what we make of it

God Bless and Thank You

On 09/07/2017 at 1:05 PM, perthperson said:

The UK has most certainly changed.  

Xenophobia is openly displayed, terrorism remains uncontrolled, the Brexit mob are braying, thousands are 'working' on min.pay zero hours contracts and social care for the elderly/disabled has all but collapsed.  I could go on but that would be cruel ! 

So you have come to a country where the disparity of wealth and consequently opportunities are restricted, and have become exacerbate over the years,where education has deteriorated for the less fortunate,where people are exploited on very poor wages,in untenable conditions..where being disabled is not even on the radar for access to public places, transport etc..where bombings in the south kill thousands and have done since the late 70's, and you must live in coockoo land if you don't think xenophobia and prejudices amongst the Thais isn't rife.

i could go on but really stop being myopic. 

yes, Thailand has also changed over the years, and for the worse, it has deteriorated alarmingly in the last 15-20 years, you are part of that change..yet in Thailand that's ok , but in the uk it isn't..

On 09/07/2017 at 3:34 PM, TKDfella said:

Like most long term stayers in Thailand, I have had my problems and frustrations but when I left England I knew that I wasn't going to paradise. It really is a matter of changing one set of problems for a different set of problems. Having said that, I didn't leave England because I felt I had to, it was just that I 'fell in love' with Thailand and here is where I want to stay. Once again, having said that, if, say, immigration requirements changed so much that I didn't qualify would I go back to England? If I had the choice I would go to New Zealand where I have family and not England (where I also have family).

This is a very rare post. Indicating you came to Thailand because you have some affinity for the place, whereas all we seem to get from most on here is the objective that anywhere is better than the uk so Thailand it is, that it's cheap, the women are easy, so different from the generations that came before them, who had travelled extensively, experienced other cultures, more adaptable, much younger, way more independent, and in no way bitter towards their homeland and without a shadow of a doubt friendlier.

22 minutes ago, perthperson said:

When are you leaving ? 

I have lived here since 1979.. typical reply..and I am not even near retirement age..and have had a very successful life here, this is my home..I have just stated facts, but I don't come on here purposesly to degenerate Thailand like so many of you do just to slag off the uk, but to put some perspective and context..I know the weakness of Thailand and have accepted them and worked with them, and have contributed more to Thailand than most will..there are many positives about Thailand, but that is not the subject being discussed.

19 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Sorry you dont know what you are talking about.

No Colin, that's the thing. He does seem to know exactly what he's talking about.

He told us that he's lived here 39yrs, come across many of the problems, and knows that many aspects of life here are far from perfect,as you yourself must surely know, yet he has worked with the system. What he's strongly pointing out is that the UK is far superior in many respects,but not in all. He ' also pointed out that in many ways Thailand is deteriorating, pretty much the same as the U.K. 

Personally I've lived here full time for 20yrs. find the weather great, as I do the food. The people are basically the same as in the UK, but like Huawie, I hate the corruption in all of its forms, and of course the dangerouse roads.