Even train drivers don't like to be overtaken-Video

Although not that interesting, it was much more interesting than the constant references to corruption, roads, bar girls, Thai language and the P.Ms comments on 'sexy' dance moves.

Good to have something different every now and then. 

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Fascinating, i was riveted to my seat watching the clip.:cheesy:

If thats what fascinates you, you must live a very boring life.

..just two gentlemen having a drag..toot...toot...i actually forgot about bodies and vehicles being smashed up for a few minutes.

On 06/07/2017 at 10:40 AM, Golden Triangle said:

Actually me and her in doors are taking a trip on the Eastern & Oriental Express later in the year and I was looking for videos of that, but also came across the above :whistling: 

I was also thinking of doing the same. Getting bored of going to Cambodia for my visa run :biggrin: 

Reminds me of an incident I witnessed on the Brighton Main Line between Redhill & Gatwick back in the UK many years ago - when the fast train I was on overtook one on the slow line. The driver of the slow train was so miffed by this that he put a spurt on and tried to overtake us. He might well have succeeded had he not then had to reduce his speed in order to stop at a station which my fast train was not due to stop at!:tongue:

Edited by OJAS

• 2 weeks later...

Not racing at all, the train on which vid was taken accelerated then shut off power and was slowing near end of footage, it looked to me like the train on the cess side (train being filmed) was maintaining a set line speed all the time.

Only thing of note to me was that both trains crossed a flimsy looking viaduct at same time, all tracks have what is called an RA factor (Route Availability) this means structures like bridges and viaducts (and lines in general) are given an RA value, so if the viaduct had an RA of say 6 then it means the weight of two trains would possible go over that threshold and result in collapse of the structure which is a big No No. Other than that trains speeds are governed by line speed and controlled by signalling.