Getting ED visa -> Where is best? + chill for a week...

Need to get an ED visa.

1. Have been here since july last but all extensions / immigration issues handled ; however I am on overstay now due to some issues last 2 weeks..... 

2. Not an issue as uk passport but unfortunately have to pay... my bad....

3. Found a decent school and have all paperwork organised... 

3. Don't need to start school immediately..... so have a couple of weeks to ->

4. Go to relax get out of thailand somewhere nice for a while

5. Don't fancy Vientiane.... I know it's easy but I'd like go somewhere else just for experience.

Where else is good for getting an ED visa? I mean - simply. Is Savannakhet as straightforward as Laos?

Or Cambodia - if you have a good agent?

Other suggestions?

P

I think you would get bored in Savanakhet for a week.  Maybe others can comment on Phnom Penh, with regard to the issuance of ED-visas, but my impression (from TR Visas) is that they are generally 'more strict' with visas than Laos, these days.  HCMC Vietnam might make a more interesting week than the other options. 

Especially given the overstay, be sure and have 20K Baht worth of cash (on your person, not on plastic) or travelers checks when you re-enter Thailand on your new ED Visa - and be prepared for some questions as to how you support yourself, etc. 

21 minutes ago, perthperson said:

Provide a Link to any Thai Embassy/Consulate which will provide a "SELF DEFENSE VISA " 

Thanks 

Those are just keywords for a google-search that would reveal a school that offers a program of self-defense courses, which qualifies students to receive an ED visa.