The tunnel !

emilymat

I had given up on the tunnel on Sukhumvit. However, I heard on the radio today that it may be open at the beginning of August. There is a problem  with water leakage, according to the radio.

How many delays is that?. I refrain from making any snide comments about this, but I'm just fed up  with the constant delays. I just wonder if it's to allow some big wig to be available to open it when convenient to them. Mind you, I would gladly ignore the tunnel if they could just get the repairs on Siam Country Club Road to be completed so that access and exit from the  main road could take place. For those living on the seaward side of Suk, this might seem unimportant, but from the darkside it's a real pain trying to get seamlessly into town.

I know it's a moan but after 3 years of waiting, it really gets irritating. I often feel like someone in wartime resistance, whispering to my neighbour 'Can we get through the road works today?' :smile:

At least they are working on the tunnel.  No progress on SSCC.  I expect all the money for SSCC has been "applied", so there is no money available to complete it.  No one is responsible, of course.

As I put on another thread, Highway 7 extension will be completed before SSCC.