Thai Lion Air

Ian1980

I suspect it's a new policy due to a few commercial airline pilots committing mass murders using planes in the past few years--in several of these cases, there was a point where the pilot or copilot left the cabin to use the restroom, etc., then the deranged individual locked the cabin door to carry out their plan without interference.

Edited by Chou Anou

8 hours ago, Ian1980 said:

I saw that when both pilot and co-pilot went out from the cabin, one male cabin crew went in the pilot cabin

You mean BOTH pilot and co-pilot left cockpit at same time or EITHER one or the other went out at any time? AFAIK there should always be a pilot or co-pilot in there at all times and when one leaves to be replaced by another crew member temporarily. Ref http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-32075657

There is no way BOTH the pilot and co pilot can leave the cockpit. That is against every know rule in aviation. When one of them leaves the cockpit it is also required that a flight attendent must replace them so that at all times two people are in the cockpit. Having said this, T.I.T. rules dont apply to Thai people. God help us all.

Sent from my SM-T805 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

11 hours ago, Ian1980 said:

I saw that when both pilot and co-pilot went out from the cabin, one male cabin crew went in the pilot cabin: this is a new air regulation, or is up the crew of the plane?

I assume that indeed either pilot or co-pilot left the cabin and not at the same time :shock1:

Such regulation was discussed (introduced?) after the Germanwings suicide co-pilot:

when the pilot left for the toilet he locked the cabin door (not opening on signal) and steered the plane to a hill in southern France. Pilot and cabin crew desperately tried to break open the door to no avail.

All 150 people on board killed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanwings_Flight_9525

The co-pilot had heavy psychiatric problems/depression which he managed to hide from the employer.

Since then it is considered necessary that never pilot or co-pilot are left alone in the locked cabin.

This strict closing and enforcing of the cabin door on the other hand is a result of terrorist attacks/hijacking.

Moved to Travel forum.

Yeah, I assumed that the OP meant the pilot and co-pilot left the cockpit at different times, each time replaced by a male crew member.  For both of them to leave the cockpit at the same time would be unthinkable.

10 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

You mean BOTH pilot and co-pilot left cockpit at same time or EITHER one or the other went out at any time? AFAIK there should always be a pilot or co-pilot in there at all times and when one leaves to be replaced by another crew member temporarily. Ref http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-32075657

You correct: my English was not good: i mean one time pilot and second time co-pilot