Extending Tourist Visa in Jomtien

randymarsh

Last time I did it was hell.  a full two days of back and forth just to get a 30 day extension.  Had to go back to hotel to get 'invitation letter' which hotel wouldn't give me.  In the end managed to get the extension but they fought hard to make things difficult.

Since then I've always got my extensions in Isaan because there's no queue and they actually smile - and it takes 10 minutes max.

Is Jomtien still a full day of hell?  Would I be better taking a day trip?  Are there any less touristy immigration offices nearby?  If Bangkok is better, I might go there.

Thanks

Can I print the forms first?  Otherwise I have to drive all way there, come back to hotel get them to fill in, then go back again.  Seems stupid to make everyone do this.  Doesn't happen in Isaan, just a single form.  

Thought they'd done away with a second form because everyone hated the double trip to immigration so much - so just need the TM7 now???

A few years ago I did a 7 day extension on my normal 30 day visa exempt.  I did just 7 day instead of a border run because I had to get back to the states and just needed to flex my travel a little bit.  I let Key Visa do it.   I filled out some forms at the Visa shop, and one day later they returned the passport and the extension.  Eazy peazy and it was worth the price for the convenience.  Can one still do that for a 30 day extension? 

10 hours ago, Amphur2000 said:

For a minute then I thought I read 22,000 Baht a night emoji15.png

I must have the same double-vision problem. I could have sworn it said 22,000 Baht a night as well!

OP needed an extension and this has nothing to do with a TM30 or any way to report a foreigner staying somewhere. 

Same as the fact that the famous arrival/departure card is NOT connected to a TM30.

If you would like to extend your stay by extending a tourist visa or visa-exempt you need a proof of address. 

That can be a rental contract with a clear end-date not going beyond the end date of your extension or a standard document from your hotel stating that you are a guest with a check in and check out date. 

One of the shops next to immigration can produce such a document for you and even create some kind of passphoto. Think it totals  baht. 

Please don't think that a possible previous report by hotel or landlord using a TM30 will cover you while applying for an extension, that's NOT the case. At least not in Jomtien

Archived